Cinemaquette Alien Photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rugby1970

Super Freak
Reaction score
He arrived today and he is spectacular. Comments to follow but in many ways photos speak for themselves.

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

Dude, awesome pix -- but I really need to see your display shelves, particularly that Batman/Joker shelf and your Indy! Please! :D

Don't mean to derail, sorry.

A last few with a DVD thrown in for scale:

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1316_2.jpg

Enjoy! I love this piece... this is my first Cinemaquette and although their website and repsonsiveness isn't as great as Sideshow's yet, they are doing great work so far. I unpacked while watching Alien and am off to finish it now. Can't wait to hear people's thoughts.

Mookeylama said:
Excellent pics and wonderful piece! i gotta concur w/ Wor. i wanna see close ups of Indy, Joker and Bats 12" too!

Hahaha... Thanks. I will post pics of the Batman Shelf and the Indy piece soon... I'm gonna hit the sack soon. Many of the pieces are from Soveriegn Studios. Indy is a particular favorite... I like the head sculpt much better than the one he currently has on his site.

More pics to come. Promise...

Great looking statue!

I'm also amused by your dog looking very bored in the photos.

Rugby1970 said:
Hahaha... Thanks. I will post pics of the Batman Shelf and the Indy piece soon... I'm gonna hit the sack soon. Many of the pieces are from Soveriegn Studios. Indy is a particular favorite... I like the head sculpt much better than the one he currently has on his site.

More pics to come. Promise...

i thought they were Soveriegn's, and yeah, i like his older Indy head too. i'd like to get one from him but only if he can use a different head, or make it where i can put a Frontline on it.

ambac said:
Great looking statue!

I'm also amused by your dog looking very bored in the photos.

Yeah... he really couldn't have been bothered with the whole thing... he's nver gotten what the whole fuss is about. He and the UPS guy are sworn enemies though! He starts barking the moment he hears the truck turn the corner on out block.

the level of detail in unbelievable. Great buy!!! I specially like the inside of the head.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Are they all signed by the master himself, or did this dude just get lucky?

They are all signed by Giger... each piece comes with a signed certificate of authenticity AND a signature on the base of the piece.

A few thoughts... it is a really solid and heavy piece. I'm not really sure what it's made of but it feels more solid than polystone. The arms are held in by magnets... they are pretty strong and I don't feel like they would ever fall out.

I like the piece more and more. When I first saw pictures online, I was disappointed that it looked too slender and not enough like 'a man in a suit' which - as cheesy as it sounds - actually is truer to the version in the movie. However, I just saw the film again and there are definate moments where the creatures legs look as slender as the Cinemaquette... Also, in person there are definately angels where the piece looks very human shaped which makes me very happy. It really captures the feel of the creature in the film.

The booklet that comes with it is very simple but nicely done. It has instructions on how to assemble the Alien, photos of the original suit from the Giger museum and some concept art that follows the evolution of the piece. The packaging is very solid.

The piece costs a lot but so far it seems like Cinemaquette is doing their best to live up to a higher level of quality. My girlfriend's first words when she saw it were "Now that's a figure!"

Congrats Rugby!

Awesome piece. Was the tail hard to get in?

I have another week until mine arrives. It's going to be a long wait!

I also thought it looked too thin in some pics but feel better about after seeing more pics posted. It even kind of looks like a man in a suit (which is a good thing) in this shot:

IMG_1316_2.jpg

You guys have to remember that some of the time it was Bolaji Badejo in the suit, who is(was) incredibly thin, and other times there was a stunt double. The stunt double was more of a regular sized person, and was the one featured in the (in)famous Narcissus airlock shot, when the creature is dangling from the cable (where it looks like crap), as well as the edited shot of the alien pulling up Brett.
Bolaji is the one in the suit in the scene where Lambert and Parker get it, as well as the one falling out of the Narcissus wall panel.
If you look at these scenes, the difference in build is quite apparent, as well as Bolaji's inhuman thinness.
Check out Giger's Alien book, there's a few shots of the cast made of Bolaji's body, and trust me, it is really thin...
So this sculpt of the alien is pretty accurate.

Last edited:
abake said:
You guys have to remember that some of the time it was Bolaji Badejo in the suit, who is(was) incredibly thin, and other times there was a stunt double. The stunt double was more of a regular sized person, and was the one featured in the (in)famous Narcissus airlock shot, when the creature is dangling from the cable (where it looks like crap), as well as the edited shot of the alien pulling up Brett.
Bolaji is the one in the suit in the scene where Lambert and Parker get it, as well as the one falling out of the Narcissus wall panel.
If you look at these scenes, the difference in build is quite apparent, as well as Bolaji's inhuman thinness.
Check out Giger's Alien book, there's a few shots of the cast made of Bolaji's body, and trust me, it is really thin...
So this sculpt of the alien is pretty accurate.

I totally agree, and seeing this piece in person really emphasizes how accurate it really is. I feel like the pose is from the scene where Lambert and Parker get it.

I actually ordered a few copies of Giger's Alien book. I plan to cut one up to scan and try and create a backdrop of design work for the creature.

Gruson... nope, no trouble with the tail. It fit in perfectly. It's odd because the bracket at the base of the tail slips in horizonatally as opposed to at an angle as you'd expect. Hard to describe but you'll see what I mean when you get it.

Back