Cinemaquette Alien goes on sale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Alien is crouching but I can't see how he's only 24". At SDCC last year he looked at least 36". The 1/4 scale SSC Predator is 24".

SolidLiquidFox said:
Awesome room Sideshowpdx! I can see there is nothing that will stop you from adding this piece to your Alien movie room.

Thanks! I'm waiting for my buddy with his good camera to come over and take pix of the rest of the room. My camera really sucks with the lighting I have. Here's a quick pic that he took of my screen:
interior50copy-vi.jpg

And here's a pic that i took of the back of the room:
theater2-vi.jpg

Very nice HT. Are your components rackmounted or in an A/V cabinet. Are those covered windows or storage on the left side?

My next HT project consists of building out a vented closet for a sliding rackmount system to replace my standalone A/V cabinet.

Back on topic:

I'm waiting for the hopeful 1/4 Alien SDCC announcement from SS.

yeah thats what i call a movie room!!! do you have a bartender to fetch you drinks while watching movies?? i cant wait until i finish school so i can get a setup like that.

I just don't like the CM Alien, I think it looks to bland while he should be slimey. Guess I'll just have to wait what SS decides to release.....

Yoda, LOTR pinball, a bar probably full of booze, Obi Vs Vader PF, UC LOTR swords, Predator and Alien bust, cool posters...we are not worthy. Looks great! :cool:

May I suggest some posters where the covered windows are?

WetaWork said:
Very nice HT. Are your components rackmounted or in an A/V cabinet. Are those covered windows or storage on the left side?

My next HT project consists of building out a vented closet for a sliding rackmount system to replace my standalone A/V cabinet.

I'm a bit embarrassed to post the pictures I have taken. The pictures that my friend who is a photographer can take make the room look a million times better. My components are rack mounted (another bad pic alert)
theater5-vi.jpg

I got "blackout blinds" installed for the windows. It makes it very dark in there. There are two windows in the nooks (they call them domers) and then 3 windows (not in the pictures) to the left of the theater seats.

hairlesswookiee said:
do you have a bartender to fetch you drinks while watching movies?? .

Thanks man... I'm not quite to that level yet. :)
Good luck in school.. Finish it up and build the theater of your dreams. That's what I did.

sideshowpdx said:
Thanks man... I'm not quite to that level yet. :)
Good luck in school.. Finish it up and build the theater of your dreams. That's what I did.

Ye that just what I wanna do. You and many others have such beautiful theatre rooms. We can only aspire.
Beautiful man. just :google

Nice Theater room. Good place for all your Sideshow stuff.

What has the experience been from everyone else that has ordered from Cinemaquette? This will be my first order from them. After you order how long does it usually take? My order went through on June 29th at 2pm, "status" says "pending" the "list status" says "ok", and the "estimated date of delivery" says "1 month". Have any of their other products sold out yet?

None of them are sold out yet. T-800 takes about 4 months if you order now. Don't know about the TX or T-850. Alien has been confirmed to be shipping in about 3-4 weeks.

Next one up is Aragorn from Lord of the Rings followed by Jack Sparrow. Everyone that has ordered from CM has nothing but praise for them. Hope that helps. Any questions shoot CM an email. They are very friendly and reply promptly.

Phantom of the Paradise said:
What has the experience been from everyone else that has ordered from Cinemaquette? This will be my first order from them. After you order how long does it usually take? My order went through on June 29th at 2pm, "status" says "pending" the "list status" says "ok", and the "estimated date of delivery" says "1 month". Have any of their other products sold out yet?

After you order, if the "list status" says "ok" you're on the next shipment. I have ordered the T-850 and T-800, and I received them around 1 month after I ordered them.

I got this email from CM:
The H.R. Giger Alien Cinemaquette is currently on the way to our
shipping warehouse as well as numerous distributors all over the world.
We are currently taking orders and expect complete process and shipping
within the next two weeks. We will inform you as your order is processed
and shipped. Please note, there is a final inspection process we apply
to all Cinemaquettes one last time before they are shipped. This usually
takes up to a week after we receive stock. We have checked your status
and it is confirmed that your order will be processed within the first
shipment (batch). Our Cinemaquette display at Comic Con will have all
production pieces of our Cinemaquttes already in production including
the Alien and Aragorn. We should also have Jack Sparrow and Indy.
However, the Indiana Jones Cinemaquettes might not be allowed to show as
it is still pending with the licensors. Thank you for your continued
support.

I have a question for a lot of you Alien buffs out there. Why have all the recent Giger appoved incarnations of the Alien been done with out seeing the 'skull' through the front of the dome. I always thought it was one of the coolest parts of the original design but maybe he never intended it to be there. That is one reason I think the original Kenner figure looks so cool. It really sets the Ridley Scott Alien apart from all the following versions.

It was even part of the original Sideshow 1:1 bust but dropped for the smaller Giger approved version. Any details you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Rugby,

I can only guess here, but the dome was really intended to be more opaque, not clear. You were just supposed to see a hint of a skull under it.

I think the Giger auth'd pieces are being designed after this original suit that is now in a museum:

0026.jpg

0025.jpg

0011.jpg

Cool. That's very helpful. It's funny how an inccurate version can hold a place on my memory. Those pics are great by the way. I don't think I've ever seen those before.

Back