Cinemaquette Alien (and others)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabres21768

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not so much of an "update" as it is a chance for me to show some previously unseen pieces in my collection.

For quite some time, I've been unable to take decent pics of my bigger pieces.
But, I've been able to solve that problem. So, over the next couple of days, I'm going to be taking and posting pics of those.

First up is my Cinemaquette Alien. BEAUTIFUL piece...and HUGE!
Easily my biggest full figure Alien in my collection.

I've included a shot with a 1:6 Hot Toys Alien for scale.

Also, I've taken some pics of the cool mini-mag that came with it.

In it, you'll see some concept art for the Cinemaquette Alien and pics of what was used for reference.
You can see that the sculpt's texture was based off of the suit AFTER the latex had begun to deteriorate.

The concept are is VERY cool. I like the second concept pic, especially the base. I wish they'd went with that.
Also, a couple of pics of Giger signing the certificate and the base.

100_0610.jpg

100_0599.jpg

100_0596.jpg

100_0601.jpg

100_0600.jpg

100_0594.jpg

100_0602.jpg

100_0592.jpg

100_0605.jpg

100_0609.jpg

Great pictures, i love that cm Alien... wish id picked one up when they were an ok price over here.

Of course your images make me want one even more. I doubt I will ever be able to procure this piece for my collection, but thank you for showing off this awesome cinemaquette. Can't wait to see more of your collection.

I just wish the CM Alien didn't have the flesh looking rotted.

Great piece though and your pics are awesome. Really looking forward to more pics of your collection.

That is an impressively sized piece. I've seen it in person before, but I thought the head shape was way off. Too tall. Dome too blown up like a animal balloon.

What really, really, really annoys me in all Alien and Aliens statues is that all their claws are painted silver, which is wrong. Both of them have transculent like claws in the movies...I don't know why they keep doing that mistake. Only the teeth should be silver.

BTW, I love that maquette - wish I had one.

I just wish the CM Alien didn't have the flesh looking rotted.

Great piece though and your pics are awesome. Really looking forward to more pics of your collection.

Im with you on that man...and im not to crazy about the pose.

It almost looks like hes saying....."SURPRISE"

Chris

I don't think the head looks oversized. I'm looking at mine now and overall its very impressive. Its gigantic as well like Sabres said , I'm always paranoied the arms and tail and going to fall out. :lol There not very heavy though so I doubt that will ever happen.
I still need to buy an acryilc cover to go over mine. The base has so many little holes and small parts , its a nightmare to dust.

Just got this piece today. No photos can do it justice. The aura of the piece is completely lost in 2D. In person, the only way to explain the feeling you get when you first see it is 'awe'.

Also, how many other Alien sculpts were partially directed by the creator of the creature? That's far more important to me than it 'looking like' any screen used prop or suit (which are contradictory to each other themselves).

So its just a pic thing? It happens sometimes.

I think it is. I mean the head is massive but so is the whole thing.
On photos it looks its biggest in side shots and when there taken the shoulder curves on one of the sides are always behind the head making it look like part of the neck. That can give the image that the head is huge sometimes.
If it is a little big its never bothered me personally.

I don't think the head looks oversized. I'm looking at mine now and overall its very impressive. Its gigantic as well like Sabres said , I'm always paranoied the arms and tail and going to fall out. :lol There not very heavy though so I doubt that will ever happen.
I still need to buy an acryilc cover to go over mine. The base has so many little holes and small parts , its a nightmare to dust.

I wouldn't worry about the arms coming out. Not only are they keyed and pinned, they have magnets in there as well. (at least the left arm that I looked in does).

I wouldn't worry about the arms coming out. Not only are they keyed and pinned, they have magnets in there as well. (at least the left arm that I looked in does).

thats good to hear. A member on here had his cinemaquette predators arm fall out which ended up damaged so ever since then I've been worried about this. :monkey4

Back