Cigs!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh this thread:eek:

Yeah, I have been reading it, I too need to stop, but like I said before, I just look to damn cool smoking:cool:

I truly hope and wish you the best of luck. I think the longest I stayed away from cigs was 6 months.

Its hard, but it can be done. The first week is the hardest. It get s MUCH easier from there.

One hard thing though is having friends who smoke, when you are around them its so hard not to light up.

Stay strong!!!

Congrats Badmoon, Minor Skourge of the Krusade :lol

Thats cool you are quitting. I smoked starting in high school and was real hardcore (about a pack to pack and a half a day) for about 5 years. Then I quit since I was having trouble breathing. But, those social situations would trick me up quite a bit and I would kinda swing back and forth for many years.

Now I'm pretty much cigarette free. I will still occasionally bum one if I'm out around smokes, but that is typically once in like 2 or 3 months. And luckily very few friends I know are smokers. I really should just stay away completely, but I figure its better than being a regular :monkey3

Galactic thats how my wife is. I guess I just don't understand that. I have a very addictive personality. I can remember doing much worse in my teens. LOL! One day I woke up and felt like hell. I was about $60 poorer and felt like ****. I vowed to never do that again either and was able to quit right away. In part though I think it was because A I grew up and B it is illegal. Cigarettes are much harder because they are legal. Oh well. I know it is bad for me and I know me. So I cannot and must not trick my brain into letting me have just one. Because I know one will turn to many.

Yeah I don't know what it is. If I'm around cigarettes or particularly stressed I want one, but out of sight out of mind other times.

I wish I had that power. To tell myself that I do would just be an excuse to go buy a pack. LOL! Must not.

I've quit a little over two years ago. The way I stay away from it is by laughing at smokers and how stupid they look (and smell) huddled in their little bunkers. :rotfl Fortunately, I haven't had a relapse. :monkey3

BadMoon said:
I wish I had that power. To tell myself that I do would just be an excuse to go buy a pack. LOL! Must not.

Yes, definitely not a wise move. And certainly one you don't want to try after 4 days! I'll tell you what, if you continue to abstain, I'll stay away from the ****ers to :rock

This picture should be sufficient enough as to why you guys that smoke should quit:

diseased_lung.jpg

I mean, do you really want to die early and leave your love ones ???

Ok well today has been great except for now. Luckily my internet is back on. My online went down all day. But I am still ok. I was just about to go out and buy a pack too. Tonight will be a long one.

I am trying. Tonight is the hardest night I have faced yet. Man this is so dumb but I feel like ****. This sucks!

10 minutes of smoking isn't worth the time you've put in to stop...do some push-ups! :)

Again thanks Vader. I still did not leave and won't. I am so commited to this. Letting it our helps so much. When my internet went down I thought I was going to hurt someone. LOL! Everything is working now. I appreciate your help. Tonight is very hard though and will try to go to bed soon. I have been drinking beer. Lots of it. So that may not help either. But, as I said earlier. I want to be able to drink and not think of cigarettes one day.

I must admit tonight is the worst. I am not ashamed to admit it but I just have had sex with my wife. Holy **** I want a cigarette. I can't just quit that not to want one. So I figured I would type about it. Sorry. I am drunk tired and want a Cigarette. I promised to tell the truth this entire thread. Even if I slip up. So far I am good. Honestly though though unless I don't go to bed I will not only drive somewhere drunk I will start to smoke again.

I know no one is listening tonight and I don't care. Please Keith do not go out an buy a pack. You will end up with cancer. It will destroy your lungs and make you have a hard time breathing. It will! Be strong and just hold on. You are allready drunk!!! So you can't drive either! Just go to bed.

LOL! Reading my posts from Saturday is horrible. LOL! Yet funny all the same. Saturday was in fact my hardest day yet. I am happy to report I am still smoke free and hung over. LOL! Tomorrow will be 1 whole week. I feel good. I think it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

Congrats man! Yeah, you did seem in a bad way that night. But quiting can be a biatch and the important thing is you're sticking to it!

Back