Chronicle collectibles T-800 life size bust: Terminator Genisys.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think for not chromed and the cheap base the bust is a little bit overpriced.I think when the movie is great I will also buy one.But for now I´m more happy with my Toynami chrome skull!:wink1:

It isn't exactly the same, but yes it can be cold to the touch, the scar bio feels and looks like metal (weight aside) It is very convincing. Great stuff.

what Scar Bio?

I think for not chromed and the cheap base the bust is a little bit overpriced.I think when the movie is great I will also buy one.But for now I´m more happy with my Toynami chrome skull!:wink1:

when the movie is great? lol........not likely.

Good for Chronicles,right?:wink1:
Sure... but good for a lot of prop collectors too. :hi5:
Personally, as a prop collector I want authenticity above all else.

I can understand how some might not care about that and would want an idealized/stylized version of said prop.

It's just that, to me that kind of defeats the whole concept of a prop replica. If you start changing things, making things up, adding stuff that was not a part of the original prop.. it looses its appeal to me as a film buff.

For me, this hobby was born out of a love and passion for the art of movie making. The idea of owning a piece of the movie making process. I want it to be as close to what they used on the set as possible.

Now the flip side of that coin is..

if the screen used prop was in fact chrome plated...

I would be raising hell if the replica was not.

pain+gif.gif

Well, Chronicle received their 1/1 Endo straight from Legacy. Paul seems to have access to all of the props from the film as a part of their exclusive license for Genisys.

He seems to have a good connection with Legacy so I definitely take his word for it. :/

That Endo does look very shiny in the sun though. Perhaps that's just how good of a paint app Legacy does? Hmm...

I will wait for details first.Some questions are:
1.)Are the Endos in the movie chromed or not?
2.)Is the movie good enough that I want to have props from it?

About the endo on the pic:Hard to say...you can make a very great chromeeffect with Alclad.But nothing beats real chrome in person!

That video posted earlier...I think here...of Adam and his 1:1 endo. He mentions he had his done just like the movies (not Gen), by the company/guy that did the endos for the movies back then. If I remember correctly, it was just layers to simulate chrome, not actual chrome.

With that, I assume if they didn't chrome them then, they are not chroming them now.

But chinese workers having not the skills like Legacy...its not easy to spray alclad in a perfect mirror surface.That needs a lot of groundwork.

But we will see how the skulls are comming out.With the chromed ones they had a lot of problems,too.Mine is perfect...but I saw a lot with bad chromeproblems.

does anyone know the cancellation policy for this company? Edit: found it, you lose $100

2.)Is the movie good enough that I want to have props from it?

For me, the answer to that is undoubtedly no. I think it looks horrible and is going to butcher the franchise. I just really want an endoskull and this is potentially the only good option.

I couldn't find it anywhere on the site but when will this bust actually be released?

Which payment plan did you guys pick?

For me, the answer to that is undoubtedly no. I think it looks horrible and is going to butcher the franchise. I just really want an endoskull and this is potentially the only good option.

Was AVP 2 good enough to want anything from? Heck no. Do I love all of my Wolf Predator props and really want a Wolf LSF... Oh yes ;)

I couldn't find it anywhere on the site but when will this bust actually be released?

Which payment plan did you guys pick?
Here is the official word on the expected ETA...

Ships in July in conjunction with the release of the film. Production has already begun in China and will be in full force as of March 1st when the factory is back from Chinese New Year.

Paul

As far as Payment plan, I usually go for the 10 month plan with the intention of paying off the balance as soon as they are actually ready to ship out.
That's one of the awesome things about Chronicle's payment plans, you can choose to pay off the balance whenever you'd like if you want to get it sooner.

That's how I'm handling the Terror Dog, Anubis helmet and Cain model with them, monthly payments until they are actually ready to ship... I won't want to wait any longer once I know they are in hand and ready to ship. :panic:

Was AVP 2 good enough to want anything from? Heck no. Do I love all of my Wolf Predator props and really want a Wolf LSF... Oh yes ;)

I liked AVP2..it was not perfect but the scenes with Wolf are great.I have no props from T3 and T4...:wink1:

Back