Chronicle Collectibles Starship Troopers Rodger Young

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Statue forum mainly, they post over there, but also facebook and their newsletter etc. The Tanker bug was done and finished, but was pulled after being on sale. It was expensive mind, but it was also about 2ft long. They did tease Starship troopers statues, but no real details yet. I'd like a few myself.

I just want this corvette more than any other collectible before I think, if it were a finished piece, I'd pay up happily. But a kit for almost $1000, I'd be terrified of messing it up, I don't trust myself not too. If only the original teased price had stuck.

EDIT:

Due to a few production problems we've kicked the bug down the road.

Paul

I could care less for the ship definitely for that price I would have expected the tanker to sell better Than this would I'm surprised the tanker was a day one buy for me

I too would have liked a Tanker bug (but never heard about it!)

All the pictures have disappeared from SF, but I found some on Google, here's what you could have had..

BDncbVs.jpg

I got the 9 inch rodger young ship from yamato a couple of years back. Was an awesome model if a little pricey for the size. Im sure you could still get them on ebay. Nice little model.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice!

Thanks for the info & the pic Matt :hi5:

Bit of an update that might interest you Spike...

The Tanker has been remastered for easier assembly in China and we are re-quoting, trying to get the price down. I'd like to release this massive piece at $300....

Paul

I'm pretty sure that's less than half what it was originally?!

this actually looks super cool. I would have ordered it but at the time didn't know it was posted on the website...

this actually looks super cool. I would have ordered it but at the time didn't know it was posted on the website...

The Rodger Young or the Tanker bug? The Rodger Young is still available for now, the Tanker might be going back up in future at a reduced price.

To those who have received this kit,
Is a base included?
Anyone get a paint chip/sample?

Our first payment has been made with the second a few weeks away. I ask if anyone would please provide more information to those who have placed an order and those that want to place an order.

The above two questions have been asked on another forum in the hopes that Chronicle Collectibles responds.

For anyone interested...
My 1/700 scale replica that I finished a few years ago can be seen here...
https://modelermagic.com/?p=25620

For the 1/700 kit I did the following.
I am including it here to share with others and in case I misplace this information I can find it here.
Grey Primer, then base coated it with Model Master acrylic GRAU RLM 02.
Used Tamiya German Grey for the shadows and engines.
Then the GRAU RLM 02 again to settle down the shadow effect.

As mentioned on the other thread, awesome job on that kit! As for the stand, you and I both asked over on SF so hopefully Paul will chime in with an answer soon.

Yeah, so this is cancelled again.

We we'll be canceling the Rodger Young Kit. The initial kits were produced by Collapse Industries and we had to remaster a few pieces to make the lighting possible for the engines.

This piece hasn't been well received by collectors as the amount of work to make a 36" spaceship is daunting by most.

We'll get the guys that have problems with certain parts and missing parts taken care of, but I'd say that whatever is currently ordered will be it.

We tried to do a kit version it seems like a few people have axes to grind and this is a ton of work and a headache we don't need.

We'll cap it at the current amount ordered, take care of anyone and close this one out.

The Sold Out should go up on the site today. We'll make sure that the payment plan guys kits are complete and nice castings.

Paul

Did you order before the cap?

Fortunately not, I very nearly did but there is a good reason the run is ending. The company making them are doing a very poor job of the kits, somebody PM'd me pictures knowing how much I wanted it and made my mind up for me. No idea if they were all that bad, I'm not saying they are, but the fact the run has been stopped and Chronicle have stated the company making them has backed out as they are too difficult to produce suggests they can't be great in general.

Sorry for the necropost but what ever happened to the tanker bug maquette? Was it cancelled as well?

Back