Chronicle Collectibles - Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, I mean I like ED, but the more I look at him, the more I rather see him in my collection, but in a different pose.

I know it is nit-picky, but would just rather have him standing there squared up. Not mid stride, giving him the leaning look.
Reminding me of him falling down stairs all the time. ha

Here's my pose for my Hot Toys ED. It doesn't show off the full range of motion like the Chronicle's, but it does look strong.

ED209-6.jpg

ED209-5.jpg

Here's my pose for my Hot Toys ED. It doesn't show off the full range of motion like the Chronicle's, but it does look strong.

ED209-6.jpg

ED209-5.jpg
great pics, the hot toy ed 209 is very much like the model, IMO
When I look at the Tippett, there's really not much difference between the 2 other than some paint differences and the articulation of the back foot
And for some reason, the back front toe always looks to small to me(Tippett version)

The Cain figure really shines compared to the ed, probably because there is nothing else to compare it to
I don't see hot toys doing Cain, so it's been tough talking myself out of buying this one
I can pass on the Tippett ed

Last edited:
I was just wondering, does anyone know where these are going to be made? I tried asking Chronicle on their facebook page but they avoided the question. $1300 bucks is hard to swallow for a statue but if it's made locally and not overseas, I'd definitely reconsider buying.

Maybe you should ask toynami.

Here's more info on the true-to-life CAIN models available for purchase.

CAIN of Robocop 2 is one of the most complex stop-motion models ever created. (Craig Hayes designed him this way, after being dismayed to find an unauthorized Japanese model of ED209 shortly after Robo1 release.) CAIN is *the* most complex model ever produced as a collectible. He's got more than 300 parts! The collectible model does not articulate. CAIN is available on a limited run, and we do expect to sell out prior to the holidays.

The 10-month payment plan breaks down to $122.50 per month after the $130 initial payment (shipping included).

Yes, Phil Tippett oversaw every aspect of the replica, and the Chronicle model is the only CAIN model on the market with Phil's official stamp of approval for accuracy. This is as close to the screen-used CAIN as a collector can own. Whew! Did that clear up all the inquiries?

ED-209

We have spoken with Mark at Tippett Studio and we have an announcement to make regarding ED-209. Hrodgar pointed out a few details on our ED-209 that aren't 100% correct to the first film. After speaking with Phil and Mark this particular puppet was modified for Robocop 3. We are going to make the changes to the hoses on the elbows and decal changes as needed.

We want to make the best product available and we are willing to listen to the fans for without you, we are nothing.

Thanks to all that gave us feedback regarding ED-209 and we hope to have updated photos this week. This will not slow production and ED-209 will go up for pre-orders soon.....

Saw Cain MKII in person at Wonderfest, and it is gorgeous!
I too wish it was pose able, but its a static display piece. I kept going back to the booth to stare at it...lol
Highly recommend scooping one of these up.
Met Phil Tippett as well, highlight of my weekend!

Hey Joe, finally.
I was afraid you could missed my PM about this glorious piece we were waiting for so long.
It's finally here, dream come true.
Are you gonna get one?

This has been a fantastic year to be a Robocop fan, I love the sequel and Cain will be absolutely amazing to own.

I cannot wait!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just a guess, if Cain is 1300(?), then ED would be...800-ish?
I would be surprised if he goes above 1k.

Since now I have the HT ED and seeing Tippets effort, I have to say...ok...original molds an all...
but...dunno...the feet look strange and the mouth is WAY too big and way too deep.
Strange.
Cain is spot on, but ED...not even remotely...to much which not fits for me...

Dude, this is the original movie prop, exactly as he appeared on screen. :slap
How can it be different, off or any better than that? :cuckoo:
Guess you spent a lot of time staring at your HT ED-209.

I know that it sounds stupid, but...that´s why I said in my book.
When I compare HT ED standing in front of me, with the pics of tippets version.
The "expression" is more spot on on the HT ED.

I know that it sounds stupid, but...that´s why I said in my book.
When I compare HT ED standing in front of me, with the pics of tippets version.
The "expression" is more spot on on the HT ED.

Your book...ok. Obviously, you are the expert of of ED-209, not Phil Tippett(at least spell the man's name right for ED-209's sake). Btw, there's only one "expression" of ED-209. And there's no "Tippett's version". LMAO.

Last edited:
If you're happy with the HT ED-209, then it is all for the best.
But don't say it's better than the original, it's blasphemy ;)

Your book...ok. Obviously, you are the expert of of ED-209, not Phil Tippett(at least spell the man's name right for ED-209's sake). Btw, there's only one "expression" of ED-209. And there's no "Tippett's version". LMAO.

What's wrong with ED for short and I say the slightest thing of being an expert?
I know won't say anything against Tippett's use of the original mold on his ED-209 statue.
Imo in the stance, he just doesn't look to good. The mouth too big, the foot in the back looks small.
Dunno strange...
And of course is the screenshot THE original, but the statue doesn't look like it.
You...on the other hand...need to be more objective and don't pull anything out of thin air, like me being an expert...

If you're happy with the HT ED-209,
But don't say it's better than the original, it's blasphemy ;)
I didn't say it was better.
I explained everything up there and already in the first place.
You need to read better...

i saw on Statue Forum and confirmed on Chronicle's face book, this ED-209 puppet was used in Robocop 3.

It's awesome that these are from the original Tippett molds, however i have zero interest in owning anything associated with Robocop 3.

i saw on Statue Forum and confirmed on Chronicle's face book, this ED-209 puppet was used in Robocop 3.

It's awesome that these are from the original Tippett molds, however i have zero interest in owning anything associated with Robocop 3.

The ED puppet used in Robocop 3 was still from the original movie (with a couple of minor tweaks). I don't think they made a new ED puppet just for the 3rd movie.

Back