Chronicle Collectibles - Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are fantastic looking pieces and something I'd jump at immediately, that price tag though. Such a killer.

I actually prefer HT's 209, but a prop replica Cain..., that's hard to pass up. Won't have poseablility, lights, shoulder cannons, or face screen, and is probably about twice what HT's will run though. But then HT's will probably not be totally accurate, might come out too small, and may never actually happen.

EDIT: Apparently the shoulder cannon will be there, and there will be minimal poseability.

Last edited:
i would be willing to buy an actual replica of the model but if I cant pose it, im out
dissapointing, would be great if they could put out high end movie accurate pieces

Also it sucks if you don't live in the u.s because they don't ship outside the u.s you have to contact toynami to get a distributor in your area. Once again catering for a certain market and forgetting about the rest.

Considering this is A) pretty much a statue and B) costs over a grand I don't think Hot Toys will feel any more rushed to put out Cain than they did before.

i would be willing to buy an actual replica of the model but if I cant pose it, im out
dissapointing, would be great if they could put out high end movie accurate pieces

Then you will have to spend $60.000, price tag for one Cain stop-motion puppet.
$1200 isn't that much in comparison.

Considering this is
A) pretty much a statue
B) costs over a grand
I don't think Hot Toys will feel any more rushed to put out Cain than they did before.
Yep.
They should make him extremely possible and with tons of features, no need to rush.

Then you will have to spend $60.000, price tag for one Cain stop-motion puppet.
$1200 isn't that much in comparison.

i would spend $1200 on this piece if it was a 1/6 figure, im not a statue type of guy

Edit: just realized your post was saying $60k and not $600

Last edited:
1200 bucks makes this an easy pass for me..........I will wait for the hot toys version....at least I'll have 2 or 3 years to save for him LMAO

Cain and ED 209 are as good as it gets. I like this ED 209 better than Hot Toys new offering.

As I see it, The Studio scale ED & CAIN are the real exclusive offerings here as these are pretty much the exact robotic monsters we drooled over for the past 25+ years. I'm not at all excited about the upcoming Robocop studio scale offerings. I don't have the new HT on order, but if i did I surely would t cancel it for this upcoming Chronicle 1/6 studio scale replica.

This is the year for Robocop fans. I'm happy as a pig in **** with my PCS EX secured, now it's just time to sit back, weigh my options and pick what ED is right for my collection. Chronicle set the bar with these releases. If PCS can deliver a 1/4 ED 209 somewhere in between the HT and Chronicle ED 209, they will get my order.

Statues > figures

But I do understand why one would want this to be posable, as its is a replica of the original posable puppet.
gotta disagree about the statue/fig analysis
I don't see how they could make a figure that can stand as the robot is too heavy and has tiny legs and feet

gotta disagree about the statue/fig analysis
I don't see how they could make a figure that can stand as the robot is too heavy and has tiny legs and feet

Hold on, Timeout, stop the bike. I just thought u said u would buy if it was a figure not a statue. Now u don't think a figure would work?

Hold on, Timeout, stop the bike. I just thought u said u would buy if it was a figure not a statue. Now u don't think a figure would work?
yeah, I think it would have trouble standing up
But, you would think that a reproduction of the model would be able to stand at $1200, unless that model was propped up during all the filming scenes
That's why I was excited enough to drop the $$$, a reproduction of the actual Cain figure, that was pose able

Statues > figures

tumblr_inline_mx36i2KYM81s13jp0.gif

Back