Chronicle Collectibles Jurassic Park T-Rex statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its got the dots like some of the others we've seen. They aren't blended like in the proto. I think my biggest complaint with it is the price. I realize the license is probably pretty expensive, but it's only about the size of Sideshow's Dinosauria pieces. Wished it was larger.

Its got the dots like some of the others we've seen. They aren't blended like in the proto. I think my biggest complaint with it is the price. I realize the license is probably pretty expensive, but it's only about the size of Sideshow's Dinosauria pieces. Wished it was larger.

Wait for the 1/5 to be released if you want big...I am even though I have this guy coming too.

I know most are content with this piece but I'm sorry to say that I think overall the Rex is very average. Luckily I cancelled and I understand that with not being an owner of it I'm not really in a position to judge fairly; but considering the price, the license and the demand for this, it should have been a 10/10 from CC.

I got confirmation the other day that the dealer has managed to get me one :yess: can't wait.

I spotted the 1:5th scale T Rex bust they have for preorder on the chronicle site, oh it looks good, not sure if I need another T Rex though but I'm mightily tempted.

Got mine today. Believe it or not, it's really not bad at all. The dots aren't so offensive in person (except in the mouth, those really do look like you've seen in photos), and there are some well done paint app aspects that don't come out in any of the photos, especially none of the first ones we saw. It is a bit smaller than expected, but I'm fine with that. I don't have much space left for big pieces.

Yes, this piece is an enigma, and really is best seen in person. I know we all say that a lot, and most of the time I think photos don't show any less than I've seen in person. But, in this case, I have to say that rings very much true. I think more and more people are going to be pleasantly surprised. All that said, a $550 statue this is not IMO. So, it may not be a great value unless you're really into the franchise (which I don't know why you'd be after this if you weren't). But otherwise, better than I was expecting.

Last edited:
For some reason my posts don't show up when I have pics. But if someone can take a picture with this statue next to the Dinosauria Rex it amazes me that we had to pay more than $300 for this thing.

Received mine yesterday.
An exclusive edition for a shop here in the Netherlands that comes with a special item (numbered to 12 pieces on the back including a COA).
A high quality Voltage Sign printed on material like a plastic card.

The paint on the rex is great! No problems noir flaws, damaging or whatsoever.

(sorry if some of the photos show up upside down or turned)

zlcl5l.jpg

11c7f5t.jpg

dxlj4n.jpg

k3pzti.jpg

aadm9z.jpg

20hoi1j.jpg

Received mine yesterday.
An exclusive edition for a shop here in the Netherlands that comes with a special item (numbered to 12 pieces on the back including a COA).

Looks great.. congrats!

wow perfect can you say the size danger voltage sign lenght and height thanks
ı mean for example 4cm lenght to 3 cm height can you give me the real size the volt sign
ı try do ıt myself ı dont have a change ex version :(

Received mine yesterday.

(sorry if some of the photos show up upside down or turned)

k3pzti.jpg

Nice but man, those dots look so bad IMO. They should be blended much better than that, like the proto.

She looks BEAUTIFUL Avenger, decent lighting, camera angle and image quality really make it pop. I'll probably apply a small amount of gloss paint on mine just to make it look more wet.

Got mine yesterday finally , I love it !!! Bigger than expected and the dost on the face are not as bad as they look in pics well worth it imo

When bending the smaller fence piece with the short wires, if any pop off or start to feel loose and turn freely on yours, let me know. I had a couple come pretty loose, one so loose it feels like it could break off. I'm trying to determine if they just drilled holes in the post and glued those wires in, and thus my wires are just free from the glue now. Or, if the wires are somehow fixed to the posts and my wires are about to snap off permanently.

It kind of looks like they drilled holes into a solid piece of metal (the posts) and glued the wires in, and that's what I'm hoping for. If one comes out and I just have to push it back in, that's no big deal. Snapping one off would require drilling a hole and reinserting, which would be terribly bad, and difficult to fix without leaving signs it's been fixed, or damaging one of the other wires in the process.

Back