Chronicle Collectibles - John Carpenter's The Thing 1/9 Scale Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess iron studios going all 1:10 is genius, but 1:9 is somehow a fail?
1/10 scale is the most popular one.:dunno
Most McFarlane, NECA and Kotobukiya figures are in this scale. Marvel Legends too.

There's absolutely no reason to make or buy figures or statues in 1/9 scale.

Why the odd scale? I'm still interested to see what they offer though...

I believe so they can make more obscure/secondary characters from the property at an affordable price. 1/4 is usually reserved for only one or two main characters from such properties.

No, you just totally missed the point.

Which was? :dunno You brought up Iron studios out of know where when it wasn't mentioned at all. I understand that their statues are similar in scale but what does that have to do with anything? Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks this is just a weird choice by CC, especially when most of their other statues have been 1:4.

"Seems like your reasoning." :lol :huh

I imagine the scale choice has something to do with licensing, though I could be wrong. Some other company might have the rights to produce 'Thing'-branded products in 1/4, 1/6, or 1/12 scale. Perhaps the 1/6th rights are still tied up with PCS as well as the 1/12th.

I asked Chronicle through Facebook yesterday what the status on their 'Thing' Figures was, and they responded with "Should have info on that soon". Doesn't sound like any SDCC announcement, but at least it they're still moving forward...

I asked Chronicle through Facebook yesterday what the status on their 'Thing' Figures was, and they responded with "Should have info on that soon". Doesn't sound like any SDCC announcement, but at least it they're still moving forward...

SDCC is soon...

Back