Chronicle Collectibles Conan the Barbarian 1/4 King Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange to base it on the book when you know its from the movie. Rumors are flying around that McFarlane might be doing 1/4 scale Spawn statues. This could open up the doors to some book accurate Conan pieces. Possibly King Conan of Aquilonia. This would be your book accurate Conan.

MF40246lg.jpg

Still one of the best Conan pieces out there.

Strange to base it on the book when you know its from the movie. Rumors are flying around that McFarlane might be doing 1/4 scale Spawn statues. This could open up the doors to some book accurate Conan pieces. Possibly King Conan of Aquilonia. This would be your book accurate Conan.

MF40246lg.jpg

Another great piece but small. Another vision of the King but clearly based on comic book art (not a bad thing as it fits well with existing big Conan pieces). Would have loved this in 1/4 scale but Chronicle has produced a beauty of a piece.

Hey all,
I'm getting close to completing my custom base. I haven't made my mind up and need input please..

1.make a rug and put it under him and drape it over the front like in the movie. My dilemma is that I scaled down the base so most of it will be covered by rug and all my hard work on the rocks will be for not.

2. Lighter bronze logo. I would float it off the surface with pins instead of gluing it right to the rocks.

3.same as above, darker weathered finish. (See pics)

4. No logo, no rug.

Thanks, I'm posting this over on the Statue Forum as well.
2017-04-12 15.46.18.jpg
2017-04-12 15.47.50.jpg
2017-04-10 18.27.50.jpg

I think some rug under him would be nice. Unsure on exactly the look you are referring to. I think if it is like a strip or a stripe you can then still the the rocks on the sides or something like a more square smaller area rug look?

I think with nothing, it seems less ... kingly.

I would go with the darker logo personally. I can see it match darker parts of his outfit. While the lighter I tend to want to say it needs to be lighter or gold-y-er...to match the gold more. Meaning the darker seems to match easier rather than better.

Of course this is personal opinion.

Definitely seems like they should have done the base a little more scenic. It like the rex breakout (opinions aside) difference in the scene base vs just a black one. :/

Thanks,guys.
I think I will do the dark logo with magnets so I can remove it and make a rug too. That way I can change it up from time to time.
I know who Conan is so I'm not sure the logo is even needed, but I was in hobby mode and couldn't stop!
FB_IMG_1492051823229.jpg
FB_IMG_1492051848387.jpg

Yea

a) you can still see plenty to the rock work.
b) seems you can easily just make it an optional / additional piece just laid (or not) between the base and throne.
c) certainly, since its in the pic :D

I think you are right, perma.
Thanks for the input. Sometimes you can get so into a project that it's hard to step back and assess it with a fresh set of eyes.

That sword is awesome man.
Thanks, snoop

That's amazing. Will you be selling these swords?

Thanks!
Yes, I am sourcing some stiffer resin and considering remaking the mold.
Will be 2-3 weeks.

Also, not sure on a fair price. There is quite a bit of work involved with the casting and cleanup and the paint is time consuming.
Anyone who wants to give input on price for painted and raw casting please let me know.

Thanks, snoop

Thanks!
Will be 2-3 weeks.

Also, not sure on a fair price. There is quite a bit of work involved with the casting and cleanup and the paint is time consuming.
Anyone who wants to give input on price for painted and raw casting please let me know.

Looks great! I might be interested as well - depending on the price. I won't have my Conan for a few months yet but I have been looking for a 1/4 sword for it.

Thanks, snoop

Thanks!
Will be 2-3 weeks.

I'm definitely interested Brian. Keep me posted.

Thanks, snoop

Thanks!
Will be 2-3 weeks.

Never ask that! You'll get all the cheapskates coming out of the closet offering $2.

I will be remaking the mold this weekend and am going to do a run.I should probably get a premium membership and open an intrest list. I'll do that.

Back