Chronicle Collectibles Conan the Barbarian 1/4 King Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you not see this in their feed? This is the video.

cefa55295e16e6b7550019e08cc5b249.png

oh ok its in the weekly chat, I thought it was just a separate video titled unboxing, thanks!

"And unto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow."

Ok, the King is in-hand. Pixs are nothing fancy, just from a phone camera, some with flash, some not. This is my first Chronicle purchase & first blush I'm pretty stoked about this piece. Sculpt quality & paint apps are top-notch, as they should be for something this expensive. Though a niche piece for sure, if you're a Conan fan I would highly recommend it. At a mere 300 pieces it won't be available forever.

Thanks for the pics!

I can't wait to get this. I ordered directly from Chronicle and paid in full on May 4th and have not heard a peep about the status of my order.
I hope it ships soon.

Nice pics!! What do you think about the skin tone when you're not using flash and its not under heavy lighting? Skin tone appears dark under regular lighting on several I've seen.

Nice pics!! What do you think about the skin tone when you're not using flash and its not under heavy lighting? Skin tone appears dark under regular lighting on severs I've seen.

I give you the latest scandal....
"PIGMENTGATE"

Very similar to last year's "Durdengate"

Nice pics!! What do you think about the skin tone when you're not using flash and its not under heavy lighting? Skin tone appears dark under regular lighting on several I've seen.

From the couple pieces I've seen, my opinion is that the skin tone is too dark, specifically on the face.

I was initially really stoked about this one. But the Chronicle over sold it by promising mixed media fur and metal haft for the spear, etc... they then retracted on many of these and I lost interest. Never over promise and under deliver. Otherwise I think I might have ordered it. Still, face seems too dark.

I was initially really stoked about this one. But the Chronicle over sold it by promising mixed media fur and metal haft for the spear, etc... they then retracted on many of these and I lost interest. Never over promise and under deliver. Otherwise I think I might have ordered it. Still, face seems too dark.

I think the sculpted fur was a wise decision.
Maybe I'm odd man out, but I like statues sculpted and hot toys to have real clothes.

I'm referring to Mr Pickles. This photo in particular...

View attachment 319201

The eyes are fine. It's just a bad camera phone pix w/harsh overhead lighting. I've sent statues back before & am one to b*tch if the eyes aren't up to snuff. Regarding skin tone, I personally don't find it too dark. Conan's spent a lot of time in the sun over his life. He's got a nice rich tan, no doubt, but it's not "orangy" in the least.

The eyes are fine. It's just a bad camera phone pix w/harsh overhead lighting. I've sent statues back before & am one to b*tch if the eyes aren't up to snuff. Regarding skin tone, I personally don't find it too dark. Conan's spent a lot of time in the sun over his life. He's got a nice rich tan, no doubt, but it's not "orangy" in the least.

MrPickles, could you tell me what this is? I can't find where it goes and don't know what it's purpose is.

IMG_5578.jpg

Back