Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Jurassic World Owen Grady

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should do a full neck as part of the sculpt like the Captain America figures, the shirt will cover it up.

That neck is terrible. I'm holding out hope that it's just a prototype and that's being worked on.

Likeness is strong though... stronger than Hot Toys imo. The paint just isn't up to par with HT just yet.

It is a prototype and I agree it's honestly the closet likeness I've ever seen :D

That neck is terrible. I'm holding out hope that it's just a prototype and that's being worked on.

Likeness is strong though... stronger than Hot Toys imo. The paint just isn't up to par with HT just yet.

:exactly: Hope they will sort that out, cos apart from the neck issue, it's a great looking figure :)

The paint is pretty bad, but I'm not feeling this sculpt much. What's with the eye, cheek area? It's like the skin and eyes are being sucked into the eye-socket cavity of his skull. It needs serious work, as does the Sam Neil sculpt. I want these, but they need a lot of improvement.

Stop teasing, what does he say about an articulated Blue, and Claire?

Well I haven't been able to hear all of it yet. Um here's what I've heard so far:
They're still trying to get Owen approved. Chris Pratt himself saw the head and approved it but they're still waiting for the body.
They mentioned about being in talks with him.
I'm thinking once Owen is ready, Blue and Claire won't be far behind :D
They also mentioned about Grant's likeness. They said I believe that Grant's HS is still in progress from the podcast.
Did the podcast link work?

The paint work reminds me a lot of how the SSC Ben Kenobi looks like, and the clothing doesn't look very good to me either.

Agreed with most of the above. Chronicle need to step up the quality of the paint, the offered simply won't fly today. Sculpt likeness looks pretty alright though.

I feel like some of you here are comparing this to Hot Toys. It's all 1/6 but not a good comparison to use.

I feel like some of you here are comparing this to Hot Toys. It's all 1/6 but not a good comparison to use.

Why is not fair to compare to HT? Who cares what they're compared too. The fact is these don't look that good.

Well it is relative, but like it or not HT is the standard for many. We aren't comparing figures from company x to 10 year old SSC figures when making buying decisions usually.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Why is not fair to compare to HT?

Chronicle Collectibles is in the same 1/6 market however the same time they're producing figures from licenses that most haven't picked up yet. Also they want to make it affordable for people to buy from. So the fans and people can have more access to these collectibles. HT would probably be considered the best by most in 1/6 market. It is absolutely flawless I just don't like other companies what's the word..not considered by people as popular as HT- it goes with the effing 2008 mindset getting shortchanged. Hot Toys is a booming industry no doubt as I've said I also collect HT. I just feel like people are using the same expectation as they would for an HT here and is that justified? 2008 crap is reaching.

Back