Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a product through Popcultcha but also used reward points towards it as well and paid for it in full. I am wondering if they're going to inform their customers of the issues with Chronicle because they still have their products available for preorder. I mean how long are we expected to wait for the fullfillment of these orders?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I paid for the Jareth statue in full from PopCultcha. I do know staff at PopC have been downsized over the covid period so i imagine the products are still up for pre- order simply because they haven?t gotten around to updating the website.
I know if you cancel pre-orders (even in full) you get refunds as store credit, which I?m fine with because i can use it on something else down the line, but i?m curious to see if they offer full money refunds if items actually are cancelled via the manufacturer?
I?m guessing not......either way, store credit or money, i?d like to see my money back in some form, that?s if Jareth is even cancelled. His hair was being finalized and he was on the home stretch according to their last email a while back.

I paid for the Jareth statue in full from PopCultcha. I do know staff at PopC have been downsized over the covid period so i imagine the products are still up for pre- order simply because they haven?t gotten around to updating the website.
I know if you cancel pre-orders (even in full) you get refunds as store credit, which I?m fine with because i can use it on something else down the line, but i?m curious to see if they offer full money refunds if items actually are cancelled via the manufacturer?
I?m guessing not......either way, store credit or money, i?d like to see my money back in some form, that?s if Jareth is even cancelled. His hair was being finalized and he was on the home stretch according to their last email a while back.
Well they must have paid some upfront costs to Chronicle surely?

Their website is an absolute s***show right now since the update. They should have held off on that until things returned a little more to normal because they just don't have the staff to deal with all of the issues.

I spent 2000 pennies on this also, so I'd expect a refund and those to be reimbursed considering it is the fault of the manufacturer.

I ordered the Moya ship and I don't think that was even close to completion, unlike the Jareth Statue.

Well they must have paid some upfront costs to Chronicle surely?

Their website is an absolute s***show right now since the update. They should have held off on that until things returned a little more to normal because they just don't have the staff to deal with all of the issues.

I spent 2000 pennies on this also, so I'd expect a refund and those to be reimbursed considering it is the fault of the manufacturer.

I ordered the Moya ship and I don't think that was even close to completion, unlike the Jareth Statue.

According to PopC?s terms and service, if you cancel an order before the paperwork for delivery is implemented, you get the money back via store credit no questions asked.

No idea how cost of items is distributed from their site to Chronicle, but either way, you will get credit back based on their terms on their site.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if actual money is returned since Chronicle as a company has gone under rendering orders incomplete.

Email PopC, they are taking a few days to respond to emails due to the reduced staff but they got back to me about a different cancellation last week after 4 days, so they?re definitely there.
With the long weekend upon us and this Chronicle letter just going up today though PopC may need to actually have a bit time to find out what will actually happen to existing orders as far as possibly getting them to customers or not. This is a pretty big mess.

If I ever ordered any of their product again it would be through a trusted site like Sideshow or BBTS where I can cancel at any time.

Normally I go with a 3rd party seller but the only reason I went direct with Chronicle Collectibles is because they included Exclusive store accessories you cannot acquire elsewhere.

- Jurassic Park Barbasol Can w/ EX Nedry ID

- Dr. Grant/Raptor set w/ EX swap out claw in hand

- Real Ghostbusters set w/ EX Slimer

What does that letter even mean? They expect people to keep their preorders in the hope they may one day be fullfilled? Then they are going to take on new projects in the meantime?

Are they legitimately trying to save company and how likely are they able to financially pull through this obstacle? Or is this just a smokescreen to buy them time and they ultimately fail anyway?

Customer confidence is shaken already. Once people start pulling their money out from current and future preorders, how will they ever recover even if their lenders restructure their debt.

I have my doubts. I think I will follow the lead of other collectors and request a refund through partial.ly.

If Chronicle Collectibles miraculously navigates this successfully, in theory I can always preorder the same items again.

If they're in financial troubles and everyone claims for their refunds, you'd think they'd run out of money to pay some people back. I don't think I would wait around if I had ordered directly with Chronicle.

The letter from the lawyer seems an unnecessary turn of events.

Now they're on record saying they're having problems.

They should've just told people that they were no longer partnering with Partial.ly and gave people a head's up that they would receive notices that their payment plans would be cancelled, but the orders would still be in place. That would have at least strung out the situation further. But now people know they're in deep **** and everybody's gonna bail..

So you're saying they should have lied and made up a story? Isn't that what the majority of failed custom projects around here do?

While I don't appreciate how all of this went down, at least they posted that letter and didn't waste any more of my time.

My advice: if you get a refund from them (which I did), move on and RUN!

I got mine too. I'm not only running from them but also researching very closely who I order from. Sticking with sideshow whenever possible.

The letter from the lawyer seems an unnecessary turn of events.

Now they're on record saying they're having problems.

They should've just told people that they were no longer partnering with Partial.ly and gave people a head's up that they would receive notices that their payment plans would be cancelled, but the orders would still be in place. That would have at least strung out the situation further. But now people know they're in deep **** and everybody's gonna bail.

This is why you stay in front of bad news, and not be reactionary.

So you're saying they should have lied and made up a story? Isn't that what the majority of failed custom projects around here do?

While I don't appreciate how all of this went down, at least they posted that letter and didn't waste any more of my time.

Lol yeah exactly. "why didn't they just lie and string us along" is what that guy is seeming to say. Crazy. I totally think an actual letter like this is FAR better than most other companies have done.

Lol yeah exactly. "why didn't they just lie and string us along" is what that guy is seeming to say. Crazy. I totally think an actual letter like this is FAR better than most other companies have done.

Which part is a lie?

They aren't offering payment plans anymore = true
Orders are still in place = true

Just because you're not delivering the bad news, doesn't mean you're lying.

This is like when you have a broken part and you email Sideshow CS and they say their "supply of replacement parts is exhausted" ... well yes, technically, that's true, but they're just not willing to get more replacement parts for you.

Last edited:
If they are giving refunds to those who ask, not taking orders right now and looking to fullfill orders it does not look that bad...

Hope Conan was in production and they are able to deliver.....

Which part is a lie?

Orders are still in place = true

That’s not true, Chronicle cancelled the orders, not Partial.ly’s payment plans. Partial.ly just processed the cancellation notifications for the payment plans. This had nothing to do with Partial.ly, aside from Chronicle making them be the bearer of bad news

That’s not true, Chronicle cancelled the orders, not Partial.ly’s payment plans. Partial.ly just processed the cancellation notifications for the payment plans. This had nothing to do with Partial.ly, aside from Chronicle making them be the bearer of bad news

Was there communication from Chronicle regarding the order status?

Following along the thread here, it seems there was only communication from Partial.ly.

If Chronicle cancelled the orders, why was there confusion about what was going on? Did people receive emails from Chronicle stating their order is cancelled?

Was there communication from Chronicle regarding the order status?

Following along the thread here, it seems there was only communication from Partial.ly.

If Chronicle cancelled the orders, why was there confusion about what was going on? Did people receive emails from Chronicle stating their order is cancelled?

Chronicle never responded to me. Only partial.ly who granted my refund.

Chronicle never responded to me. Only partial.ly who granted my refund.

Is Partial.ly's Live Chat staffed often?

The hours say 9am to 9pm EST but I checked a few times today and it said "agents are not available right now" and "leave a message..."

I read at least one other person was able to start their dispute through this.

Is Partial.ly's Live Chat staffed often?

The hours say 9am to 9pm EST but I checked a few times today and it said "agents are not available right now" and "leave a message..."

I read at least one other person was able to start their dispute through this.

I wonder if the flood of Chronicle Collectibles disputes has caused this.

The Live Chat has been unavailable all day for me and I just got an automated email stating, "Due to a higher than normal increase in customer inquiries, it may take us 2-5 business days to complete your request."

I should of been more proactive and sought a refund when the cancellation notices first went out. I gave Chronicle Collectibles the benefit of the doubt initially but I do not have confidence in them anymore due to their lack of transparency.

Back