Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love CTB I could just never get behind opening up my wallet for this company it just never felt right from the beginning that ole gut feeling you know what I mean.

I was shocked when I saw their Conan thread still discussing their products years after initially learning about them grant it I never really stayed up on their production releases so I know I missed a ton of info as well.

I missed out on the NECA war paint Conan and the SS PF and never got around to investing in a custom project so my collection to this day remains empty when it comes to one of the most bad ass visuals ever to be put up on a cinema screen, war paint Conan.

Shame really I feel really horrible for those who trusted this company with their money and got their love of the property trampled on by crappy people.

So partial.ly wants me to drop the case with my credit card and they say the will refund me. Not sure what to make if that. How bout refund me now and then I'll drop the case? Why wait until friday? Read the message what would you do?

Hi I called them today and they are not answering the phone. I went to leave a message but their voicemail is full. Everything on social media points to them being bankrupt and trying to keep everyone's money. I still have not received any email back from them either. I've already contacted my credit card company to file a dispute

Jason

Partial.ly Support (Partial.ly)

Sep 29, 2020, 3:52 PM EDT

Hello Jason,*

I am sorry the merchant has been unresponsive. We ask that you please cancel the dispute with your bank, as we will gladly refund your payments if the merchant is unable to fulfill your order.*

We have contacted the merchant and required they provide you an update on your plan's status (shipment or refund) by Friday. If you are not updated by Friday, please let us know.

So partial.ly wants me to drop the case with my credit card and they say the will refund me. Not sure what to make if that. How bout refund me now and then I'll drop the case? Why wait until friday? Read the message what would you do?

Hi I called them today and they are not answering the phone. I went to leave a message but their voicemail is full. Everything on social media points to them being bankrupt and trying to keep everyone's money. I still have not received any email back from them either. I've already contacted my credit card company to file a dispute

Jason

Partial.ly Support (Partial.ly)

Sep 29, 2020, 3:52 PM EDT

Hello Jason,*

I am sorry the merchant has been unresponsive. We ask that you please cancel the dispute with your bank, as we will gladly refund your payments if the merchant is unable to fulfill your order.*

We have contacted the merchant and required they provide you an update on your plan's status (shipment or refund) by Friday. If you are not updated by Friday, please let us know.

It's a bit of a standard thing to try and stop people from double chragebacks, ie fraud.

Me personally, I'd contract my credit card company again, show them that email, see what they think.

It's a bit of a standard thing to try and stop people from double chragebacks, ie fraud.

I agree, I think its to avoid a double charge. It's like filing a case through paypal then also contacting you cc company after. They work independently, but I would just let the cc company know and then if partial.ly doesn't come through you can go back to your cc company and tell them.

I emailed Partial.ly about my orders (I have almost $1900 tied up in three pre-orders I've paid off) and here's what they said:

Hello -------,

Yes, Partial.ly will make sure you either receive your order or a refund. We have contacted the merchant and required they provide you an update on your plan's status by Friday. If you are not updated by Friday, please let us know.

Partial.ly Support
[email protected]

I read in a facebook post a theory of the company (Chronicle Collectibles) not paying taxes, so they can not operate for now as a company, taking orders, payment plans or delivering. Although it seems they are selling in ebay articles in stock (maybe a subsidiary or other company related). They should make an announcemment and give some information if they have any hope of saving the company. Maybe they are looking for a Venture capital company to take over them?

I hope this is just a bump in the road. I feel sorry for the people working there, I am sure most of the them are people like us and maybe they have their arms tied and mouth closed because of a privacy policy clause or theyve been given instructions. And of course sorry for those of you that have paid in advance to them. I will only loose a figure but I havent paid for it...

I agree, I think its to avoid a double charge. It's like filing a case through paypal then also contacting you cc company after. They work independently, but I would just let the cc company know and then if partial.ly doesn't come through you can go back to your cc company and tell them.

Ok I'll do that. If I somehow get a double charge back I'll send the money back to partial.ly. I dont want to commit any fraud I just want a refund.

My CC company will handle that if a double charge happens. They will just take back the credit they gave me.

Anybody who paid in advance for the Conan figure via PayPal, like myself, is likely screwed. Since my pre-order was submitted back in November of last year, PayPal won't consider any disputes after 180 days.

Live and learn, I guess. :thud:

Anybody who paid in advance for the Conan figure via PayPal, like myself, is likely screwed. Since my pre-order was submitted back in November of last year, PayPal won't consider any disputes after 180 days.

Is that still the case?

I thought they extended the terms a while back? Perhaps it's a different situation seeing as how you paid for goods as a pre-order through an actual business, not a single seller.

Live and learn, I guess. :thud:

Was your PayPal payment processed through a credit card?

If so, can you dispute through the credit card rather than PayPal?

Or did you have funds already in your PayPal account that you used to pay for the preorder?

I can think of a few times my friends transfer me funds via PayPal to pay me back for lunch or a loan. I noticed a few times I forgot to transfer these funds to my checking account and it gives me the option to pay with this balance (on eBay for example).

I just got a ton of emails from partial.Ly about my dispute. No I will not rescind my dispute. **** you too partial.ly

Edit: I reached out to my CC about this and they told me that I am still protected, that if partially refunds me that they take they credit back and I keep the refund. And also that they are dealing with the merchant directly and not partially.

Again, **** off partial.ly.

I just got several emails advising me that each payment I've made is being refunded, and my online bank statement shows the pending credits...

After contacting partial.ly, I’m getting a full refund. Hope everyone else is able to get one.

Well, Partial.ly refunded my entire $1419 today! Now, I'll call my credit card company to stop that dispute.

Finally glad to have this garbage behind me.

Chronicle Collectibles, I will make sure I never do business with anyone that was in charge of this **** show again. I'll only pre-order stuff from Sideshow or BBTS. God help me if they go under too.

Back