Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be interesting to see how long BBTS keeps their Chronicle pre-orders up.

Typically, they don't take listings down until they receive notice from the manufacturer. So if the manufacturer isn't around to give notice ... it's Schrodinger's Pre-Order.

For kicks, I placed an order at BBTS for the Chronicle Collectible Vikings statues (Floki and Lagertha, Ragnar was sold out).

Did these Vikings statues ever get a release?

I just got into the series recently, binged 5 seasons so far. I would of loved merchandise based on the show but it seems to be slim pickings - CC was our only hope with the franchise.

I contacted Partial.ly and they said they contacted Chronicle and if I do no get a reply to try on Friday. I am not holding out hope I will hear much from them if at all.

Where’s the member here that goes by stingray or whatever, he’s always defended them. I’d love to hear his thoughts now. :lol

I contacted Partial.ly and they said they contacted Chronicle and if I do no get a reply to try on Friday. I am not holding out hope I will hear much from them if at all.

They told me that as well, I don't expect an answer lol.

I called Chronicle at the number on their website and it eventually dumped into a voicemail for someone named Amy. I left a message with my callback info, but do not expect to hear back.

Dispute has been filed with my bank.

Looks like I'll get less than $600 of my $1400 back.

I called my bank and have to talk to a supervisor tomorrow but it seems they only will refund me what I've paid the last $120 days, Visa at least will do 6 months.

That’s him alright. Hilarious that he can seriously still defend them even after all of this shady BS that’s going on.

this would be funny if it wasn't so sad ( and possibly criminal) and i didnt have something on order with these clowns (thankfully though SS and not chronicle directly)...thank you to those fighting the good fight and posting on face book, and other forums

For those that are going through your CC, what exactly are you basing your claim on?

I called my CC company and they said since Chronicle estimates shipping for my product on the 4th quarter, I'd have to wait until end of December (!) to see if they dont deliver it. Only then the rep suggested filing a claim, but that sounds ridiculous. I've already sent a message to Chronicles support and left a voicemail, If theres no communication between now and end of the week I'll file a claim. Just curious how you guys are going about it.

Looks like I'll get less than $600 of my $1400 back.

I called my bank and have to talk to a supervisor tomorrow but it seems they only will refund me what I've paid the last $120 days, Visa at least will do 6 months.

Do these thresholds apply only for debit payments (6 months)?

I used credit card - Visa.

I am looking at 2 of my 3 orders on partial.ly, they were paid off a year ago (August and October). The 3rd order was paid off in Feb 2020 (after 6 installments).

I am SOL if 6 months is the limitation.

For preorder deposits on Chronicle Collectibles items, we are entitled to refunds with other retail stores, correct?

I placed a $135 deposit over a year ago for the $1,300 Jurassic Park T-Rex at another store.

When the store placed an order for this item, did money exchange hands between the store and Chronicle Collectibles?

Or was the deposit purely to protect the store if someone flakes and they get stuck with the inventory?

For those that are going through your CC, what exactly are you basing your claim on?

I called my CC company and they said since Chronicle estimates shipping for my product on the 4th quarter, I'd have to wait until end of December (!) to see if they dont deliver it. Only then the rep suggested filing a claim, but that sounds ridiculous. I've already sent a message to Chronicles support and left a voicemail, If theres no communication between now and end of the week I'll file a claim. Just curious how you guys are going about it.

Did the credit card company investigate and looked at the website or did you mention the 2020 Q4 ETA?

At least Q4 2020 is almost here. Imagine if your estimated shipping was 2022 and you had to wait until then as the credit card company suggested.

At lot of these products have 2-3 year lead times, and even then do they rarely deliver on time. Speaking as a Hot Toys collector, I know all to well.

Until we have that smoking gun evidence, it is hard to prove to the credit card definitively that Chronicle Collectibles is going under. That is why I have been laying back just a little longer to file my dispute, to see how this unfolds.

As others have mentioned, the lack of transparency is really frustrating.

Did the credit card company investigate and looked at the website or did you mention the 2020 Q4 ETA?

At least Q4 2020 is almost here. Imagine if your estimated shipping was 2022 and you had to wait until then as the credit card company suggested.

At lot of these products have 2-3 year lead times, and even then do they rarely deliver on time. Speaking as a Hot Toys collector, I know all to well.

Until we have that smoking gun evidence, it is hard to prove to the credit card definitively that Chronicle Collectibles is going under. That is why I have been laying back just a little longer to file my dispute, to see how this unfolds.

As others have mentioned, the lack of transparency is really frustrating.

That they canceled my order with no reason given, which they did. They did not refund me. No one can get a hold of them. Visa is going to do an investigation and told me that they will refund me in a week or so 6 months worth of payments, which as I said isn't even half of what I've paid... but it's better than nothing. I'm dealing with my bank to see what they can do as well.

I guess you have to have your order canceled to be able to go this route. My order still shows on Chronicle but on Partial.Ly it shows as canceled.

Man, so, apparently people are saying they're actively selling product on Ebay and one guy on facebook said this

''sold quietly the iron rex set that I have fully paid. Can I do something ?''

Now, that is freaking dirty! Instead of actually shipping him one, they want to make more money from it. Selling it twice.

Chronicle, YOU ARE PIECES OF ****. Go to a convention when you start another business or work somewhere else, you think people will forget your faces, your names? YOU ARE SCUM!

I mentioned that they were supposed to ship my order in 4th quarter. What I got from the conversation was that since they're technically within their estimated ship date (from this month until end of December) theres no real good case for now. I will hold on to screenshots from my account and any other kind of record to present by the end of the week.

As you mentioned, the fact none of the employees has taken upon their self (gag order?) to calm the waters is the most alarming. Either they 1) stoped caring about their reputation or 2) are under some legal restraint. Either scenario is bone-chilling.

Can we file a fraud investigation claim collectively or something? There might be enough circumstantial evidence to get some legal help?

Just checked my account and my CC company put back the funds.

What a complete **** show. One day I?ll hunt for a third party Conan, but this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I think I?m going relax on collecting for a little bit.

Back