Statue Chronicle Collectibles 1:4 Endoskeleton Statue: Terminator Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks awesome, and I'm glad I'm getting one. The new pics are great. Paul said in the other forum that several people cancelled their preorder due to the other pics then wanted their order back after seeing the new pics. There are always people that will complain about a statue not being "this" or "that". They can keep waiting for this mythical perfect statue or start collecting movie props. In the meantime, they're missing out on some great statues that are available now. Chronicle is killing it with their Terminator pieces.

Second this. Been inspired to abandon Hot Toys collecting (in part due to this line from Chronicle) and switch to statues. If Prime 1 and CoolProps can deliver some vaguely affordable scaled Alien/Predator/Terminator pieces, I'll be a happy camper. It' s the WAITING that's killer.

Chronicle have done a great job with Genisys- keen to own as much of the line as I can - as, clearly, they display great together.

Wait, let me get some things straight...

The transformer pieces are larger and more complex... your point is invalid the bigger a piece the more details you can get.

Not entirely true, you can get incredibly small and fine details on figures that are just a few inches big.

As for paint finish it's looks great for what they are going for, and that's to replicate the actual prop.

They are going for replicating the actual prop, which has an entire different kind of finish. The very 1:1 prop by Chronicle has a different kind of finish. The movie props and on screen scenes have a different finish. So how exactly can you say that "it looks great", when it's something else entirely?

You can get a cheap looking chrome finish like hot toys uses, even their T2 1/4 endo looked cheap like a toy, but it looks cheap.

Pick one: either chrome is cheap, or it's too expensive. And I know you mean "cheap" as "cheap looking" but seriously, I want the damn thing to look like reflective metal, like in the actual props, like in the movie. As a customer I can't care less if it requires a "cheap looking finish", a flaked look, fairy powder or whatever else, as long as it gets the job done.

Im not sure how much more info you might need but just talking because you think you know things and actually knowing what you speak of are 2 different things. I'm also fairly certain that these prints were done by Legacy and their high end printers with their digital files and given to Chronicle to use.

I could probably agree here that I don't see a problem in printing resolution, but in paint apps.

I think it looks awesome, and I'm glad I'm getting one. The new pics are great. Paul said in the other forum that several people cancelled their preorder due to the other pics then wanted their order back after seeing the new pics. There are always people that will complain about a statue not being "this" or "that". They can keep waiting for this mythical perfect statue or start collecting movie props. In the meantime, they're missing out on some great statues that are available now. Chronicle is killing it with their Terminator pieces.

My only issue is that Chronicle told us they were going for screen accuracy. What I saw on screen is not exactly what I see in these pictures and, sorry, but Chronicle stated it like an absolute certainty. All the arguments in this world won't change the fact that the character's trademark is the metallic finish, and the high end collectible we're buying doesn't have that level of metallic finish or it's still uncertain if it has it or not.

Now, let me get a few things straight, there seems to be some misunderstanding here:
-Chronicle originally planned to usce a certain metallic paint that they couldn't use, so THEY CHANGED IT. Which means, the whole paint app has changed. This alone would be enough to crucify almost any other company if it happened to some of their product

-people have complained based on "bad pictures hurr durr lighting" and guess what? Chronicle changed and IMPROVED the paint thanks to those people, which means that there was margin for improvement and maybe, just maybe, we were not a bunch of retards randomly criticizing on bad pictures but we had a point. And yet people still insist that there was no base to complain? You're getting a better product thanks to us. You're welcome.

-Chronicle confirmed again that they are NOT using the same finish of the props. So, this means that this isn't "a screen accurate 1:4 version of the props", it's contraditory to say "we're using a different paint, but this is still an accurate rendition of the prop", it's not. Straight from Paul's post:
"We can't import the Alsa Corp paint to China that was used in the film [...] We can't simulate real chrome without real plating and with only a few shops in china doing real chrome, it's very expensive when you are only making 500 units. [...]We've tried to pay respect to the subject and I feel it looks as good as our 1-1 Endos"
Is this a dealbreaker? For someone, surely it is, and this doesn't make them too picky or whatever. For me? It may be not, but I want to understand how does this thing look when put on a damn shelf before I spend half a wage on it, call me crazy.

And, very last point: if any of you thinks that fanboy-ism will help the company, you're delusional and incredibly silly. There are moments for support and moments for sane and polite criticism that helps the company to get the customers' point of view, you know, the point of view of those who then actually buy the product.
This Endo is sold out and they have waitlist? Wow, incredible, awesome, great. In the meanwhile they had their share of ups and downs and cut the Edition Size on many of their pieces for lack of sales. It may sound incredible but... that's not good, for them. It's better to have more money than less money (I know, this is incredible too). Sometimes there is a certain distance between what the company wants to do, how they want to do it, and what the market wants instead.
Just saying, keep this in mind while you do the Kool-aid swim olympics, you might NOT be doing any good. I'll refrain from posting anymore in this thread too until there are other pics or updates and such.

Last edited:
I would think they would try to finish....the "finish" in states.

You will never get 100% screen accurate. As everything has so much post processing / filters / color correction going on.

Either way, it is still from Genisys. :p

We can't import the Alsa Corp paint to China that was used in the film. Whenever you clear coat any chrome paint it dulls it to an aluminum finish. For the movie they clear coated the Endos and then sprayed another layer on top, if it rubs off who cares, it's a movie prop.

We can't simulate real chrome without real plating and with only a few shops in china doing real chrome, it's very expensive when you are only making 500 units.

The black areas aren't black, it's a dark charcoal metallic, comes off black in photos.

We've tried to pay respect to the subject and I feel it looks as good as our 1-1 Endos.....

Paul

So, You guys are based out of TX but your blaming China prices on the quality of your product?

How about American Companies start production in house? Just a thought...

I still think for a $560 shipped this is not worth it. Much better statues for $560 out there.

Might as well get the life size bust for a few hundred more. Looks way cooler imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, let me get some things straight...

Not entirely true, you can get incredibly small and fine details on figures that are just a few inches big.

They are going for replicating the actual prop, which has an entire different kind of finish. The very 1:1 prop by Chronicle has a different kind of finish. The movie props and on screen scenes have a different finish. So how exactly can you say that "it looks great", when it's something else entirely?

Pick one: either chrome is cheap, or it's too expensive. And I know you mean "cheap" as "cheap looking" but seriously, I want the damn thing to look like reflective metal, like in the actual props, like in the movie. As a customer I can't care less if it requires a "cheap looking finish", a flaked look, fairy powder or whatever else, as long as it gets the job done.

I could probably agree here that I don't see a problem in printing resolution, but in paint apps.

My only issue is that Chronicle told us they were going for screen accuracy. What I saw on screen is not exactly what I see in these pictures and, sorry, but Chronicle stated it like an absolute certainty. All the arguments in this world won't change the fact that the character's trademark is the metallic finish, and the high end collectible we're buying doesn't have that level of metallic finish or it's still uncertain if it has it or not.

Now, let me get a few things straight, there seems to be some misunderstanding here:
-Chronicle originally planned to usce a certain metallic paint that they couldn't use, so THEY CHANGED IT. Which means, the whole paint app has changed. This alone would be enough to crucify almost any other company if it happened to some of their product

-people have complained based on "bad pictures hurr durr lighting" and guess what? Chronicle changed and IMPROVED the paint thanks to those people, which means that there was margin for improvement and maybe, just maybe, we were not a bunch of retards randomly criticizing on bad pictures but we had a point. And yet people still insist that there was no base to complain? You're getting a better product thanks to us. You're welcome.

-Chronicle confirmed again that they are NOT using the same finish of the props. So, this means that this isn't "a screen accurate 1:4 version of the props", it's contraditory to say "we're using a different paint, but this is still an accurate rendition of the prop", it's not. Straight from Paul's post:
"We can't import the Alsa Corp paint to China that was used in the film [...] We can't simulate real chrome without real plating and with only a few shops in china doing real chrome, it's very expensive when you are only making 500 units. [...]We've tried to pay respect to the subject and I feel it looks as good as our 1-1 Endos"
Is this a dealbreaker? For someone, surely it is, and this doesn't make them too picky or whatever. For me? It may be not, but I want to understand how does this thing look when put on a damn shelf before I spend half a wage on it, call me crazy.

And, very last point: if any of you thinks that fanboy-ism will help the company, you're delusional and incredibly silly. There are moments for support and moments for sane and polite criticism that helps the company to get the customers' point of view, you know, the point of view of those who then actually buy the product.
This Endo is sold out and they have waitlist? Wow, incredible, awesome, great. In the meanwhile they had their share of ups and downs and cut the Edition Size on many of their pieces for lack of sales. It may sound incredible but... that's not good, for them. It's better to have more money than less money (I know, this is incredible too). Sometimes there is a certain distance between what the company wants to do, how they want to do it, and what the market wants instead.
Just saying, keep this in mind while you do the Kool-aid swim olympics, you might NOT be doing any good. I'll refrain from posting anymore in this thread too until there are other pics or updates and such.

Being happy with a product isn't being a company fanboy. Someone isn't satisfied with it? Fine. That's their opinion. I'm not calling anyone that doesn't like it a Chronicle hater because of it. As collectors, we can buy what's available, either from Sideshow, Chronicle, or whoever else, or we can wait for a statue that will make us happy. There is only so much every company can do to make these statues at this scale like what you see in the film. Buy the 1:1 Endo like I did for the most accurate version. Find one of the screen-used props if you want the real thing. At this price point, this is the type of product you get. Everyone wants the most for their money, but the companies that produce these pieces can't make everyone happy. They do what they can to ensure sales. Every thread on this forum has people bitching and moaning about something that someone else absolutely loves. IMO, the people that lost their minds over some bad pics overreacted by cancelling their orders, and now some of them want their orders back. Tough ****. Should have waited for official pics.

So, You guys are based out of TX but your blaming China prices on the quality of your product?

How about American Companies start production in house? Just a thought...

They have already done that with several products so far, the results have been mixed...

I still think for a $560 shipped this is not worth it. Much better statues for $560 out there.

Might as well get the life size bust for a few hundred more. Looks way cooler imo

Sideshows Kylo Ren PF is $570 and is a fairly simple statue, mostly cloth. It also has an ES three times the size, just for the EX version. It's all relative...

Tell me again which one is better just because it's plated?

Hot Toys 1:4 vs Chronicle 1:4

These were the photos that we were forced to take down before the movie came out, but I don't see a problem now making comparisons...

IMG_1002.jpg

Can u do one of each in same pose. And the completed chronicle.

So pose hot toys on its base holding gun similar to yours and show your most recent pics version

I'm sure someone can who owns that Hot Toys version, I sold mine a year ago to make way for the Genisys version. After seeing how inaccurate it was in every way including the giant phillips head screw in his chest, I dumped it for a better version.

Is it possible to have this same picture with the finished Genisys Endo and in this kind of lighting which is closer to a realistic light in most collecting rooms than the pics under bright white light?

He said he no longer has the HT piece so probably not.

I personally like shiny :D

Edit: Got it. Your asking for the statue under the same lighting conditions :)

It's not chrome guys, ours is painted, will never look chrome. But ours was produced by Legacy Effects so we know it's 100% authentic and well not that toy on the left....

Paul

I had that hot toys figure and it's cheap as hell in hand, the chrome looks like a toy the head is just goofy and clearly was modeled after the sideshow endo bust put out years ago. And it felt cheap and like it would break when posed. I'm not kissing CC ass but just speaking from experience I own or have owned every endo product pretty much made that's in this scale . One I get mine I can post pics of it with the 1/4 scale one sideshow made.

Why has the argument moved to a sculpt vs sculpt comparison? I think nobody doubted how good the Chronicle sculpt is.
People are talking about the paint. It seems that a lot of people have the notion that endos are of a shiny, reflective and polished metal finish, because that's how they look on screen... including the Genisys endos.
Is that CGI effects? Sure (partially), but that's how they look on screen and what people usually expect to see in statue form. How cheap and toyish the Hot Toys version looks in hand hasn't much meaning within the argument.

And, for what it's worth... Legacy was involved in Sideshow Iron Patriot Maquettes. They worked on the prototype, there is their name on the product page and their logo on every single box of the statue. I'm quite sure this doesn't make anyone feel better about their purchase given the amount of massive paint flaws that statue had.

So you don't like the paint, o.k got it. And you didn't purchase the item? Good for you! You showed them. I guess that's it then, time to move on. Bye :wave

Why has the argument moved to a sculpt vs sculpt comparison? I think nobody doubted how good the Chronicle sculpt is.
People are talking about the paint. It seems that a lot of people have the notion that endos are of a shiny, reflective and polished metal finish, because that's how they look on screen... including the Genisys endos.
Is that CGI effects? Sure (partially), but that's how they look on screen and what people usually expect to see in statue form. How cheap and toyish the Hot Toys version looks in hand hasn't much meaning within the argument.
And, for what it's worth... Legacy was involved in Sideshow Iron Patriot Maquettes. They worked on the prototype, there is their name on the product page and their logo on every single box of the statue. I'm quite sure this doesn't make anyone feel better about their purchase given the amount of massive paint flaws that statue had.

Oh man, I was thinking exactly the same thing.
But that's the forum rule---if you don't like it and you're not gonna buy it, then shut XXXX up.
We don't belong to this thread, I have moved on and I suggest you do it as well.

Back