Statue Chronicle Collectibles 1:4 Endoskeleton Statue: Terminator Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You hit the nail on the head El mule. It's a sloppy dull gray paint with a gloss coating. For real Chronicle?

Btw their CS got back at me about the payment and they confirmed it was an automated payment by Paypal (they set 1 year after preorder day) and refunded it immediatly

Those pics are horrible they are totally over exposed and the colors are not correct, like always people jump all over a piece from the first crappy cell phone pics. Paul is taking new pics of the most current sample to post up for people to see and I am sure these will be tons better then the crappy ones posted

Those pics are horrible they are totally over exposed and the colors are not correct, like always people jump all over a piece from the first crappy cell phone pics. Paul is taking new pics of the most current sample to post up for people to see and I am sure these will be tons better then the crappy ones posted

Man, you can repeat that tune as long as you want. It's just not true. Bad pictures only do so much, the rest are obvious issues.
Crappy blurry pic in potato quality, piece looks good:

20160611_192606_zpsvagpqsxo.jpg

I agree to a degree, but to be fair, metallic paints are notoriously difficult to photograph properly so stuff like this is different in that regard. The teeth do look bad though regardless. Still, it seems they are acting on the critisism as a new sample is being photographed, hopefully it will put people at ease a bit. I'm not really invested in this anymore but I still hope it turns out good for you all and I suspect it will ultimately...

Thanks Paul, it looks better. Really like the black portions. I still don't understand why the on screen pics have the Endos more reflective, same for the 1:1 Endo done by Chronicle, this one seems duller overall, but it's definitely better than before.

I think the look is due to the "metallic" paint and it just does not look like polished metal, more of a metal flake finish, at least from those pics. It does look like an improvement on the bust paint though. Not sure about the black parts, what is the story with that?

It has potential to be a great piece. With a better quality of cast/print, and a chrome/or whatever to make it looks like what we saw in the movie, but unfortunately none of these happens.
I will just wait for P1s, it will be a better statue and also based on a far better movie.

We can't import the Alsa Corp paint to China that was used in the film. Whenever you clear coat any chrome paint it dulls it to an aluminum finish. For the movie they clear coated the Endos and then sprayed another layer on top, if it rubs off who cares, it's a movie prop.

We can't simulate real chrome without real plating and with only a few shops in china doing real chrome, it's very expensive when you are only making 500 units.

The black areas aren't black, it's a dark charcoal metallic, comes off black in photos.

We've tried to pay respect to the subject and I feel it looks as good as our 1-1 Endos.....

Paul

Thanks for the explaination.
But what a disappointment it is.
Good luck to anyone who purchases this piece.

I'm confused.
To sum it up: usually that finish would be achieved with chrome plating, but it's too expensive for 500 pieces and actual Genisys Endos are not chrome plated but have a metal finish with a paint that can't be imported in China? Is that correct? If so, I see the conundrum.
How does Hot Toys achieve the chromed look? Do they use a different process since it's PVC?
Also, would it be possible to get more pics and possibly some pics in natural lighting?

Please use a better printer next time, don't waste the original digital file.

Last edited:
I don't understand how either of you guys are confused here and it sounds as if dark mummy is just ******** on this to **** on it because clearly he is talking out of his ass. That hot toys figure looks like a toy the paint color coding is off and the details on parts look soft esp around the shoulder areas. Just because it looks complicated doesn't mean it's better. The transformer pieces are larger and more complex... your point is invalid the bigger a piece the more details you can get.

As for paint finish it's looks great for what they are going for, and that's to replicate the actual prop. You can get a cheap looking chrome finish like hot toys uses, even their T2 1/4 endo looked cheap like a toy, but it looks cheap. I had it and sold it without ever displaying it. Chrome is not only expensive but has a failure rate with the finish which is why sideshow stopped the clean endo bust early and has only ever put out "battle damaged" versions since, to cover up the flawed chrome and utilize the ones that didn't pass qc. Hcg did the same thing. In the film no endo was ever chrome plated the original was vac metalized, genisys was painted to give that look and probably enhanced with cgi and lighting techniques during filming. Even tho the paint looks the same it will look different just due to lack of surface area that you lose going from a 1:1 piece and shrinking down to 1:4 scale. The paint's pigments/flake are very fine which bounces light and gives you that reflective look. larger surface area= more paint pigments/flake=more light reflects back..

Im not sure how much more info you might need but just talking because you think you know things and actually knowing what you speak of are 2 different things. I'm also fairly certain that these prints were done by Legacy and their high end printers with their digital files and given to Chronicle to use.

I think it looks awesome, and I'm glad I'm getting one. The new pics are great. Paul said in the other forum that several people cancelled their preorder due to the other pics then wanted their order back after seeing the new pics. There are always people that will complain about a statue not being "this" or "that". They can keep waiting for this mythical perfect statue or start collecting movie props. In the meantime, they're missing out on some great statues that are available now. Chronicle is killing it with their Terminator pieces.

Back