Statue Chronicle Collectibles 1:4 Endoskeleton Statue: Terminator Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally the factory things means ziltch to me. It's the final product I care about, everyone's acts like it's some big thing when the same factory has probably used by countless other producers as far as anyone knows. This just seems like some sort of which hunt or bitching point. Chronicle has already accepted responsibility as well as trying to make it right to it's customers with a sizable credit or a refund.

Do we get a perfect piece... No is it totally bad other than paint...No can we continue to bring up the same point over and over for the next month... Yes. Does it fix or change anything? . Not at all.

History is filled with apologists. Here's another.

Who's an apologist? It's neither here nor there in regards to crying about the outcome now. When has anyone gave a crap about the factory used ever on this forum until now? Generally speaking whenever a factory is brought up with sideshows many botched paint apps, the general answer has been who cares about the factory it's SS to blame. Blah blah blah... Look at the P2 Maquette drama.

There's no guarantee the toynami factory would have been a huge difference,. More than likely it would have, but it's just speculation.
I also own one and have been vested in it since day one, didn't give a crap about the factory then and don't care now, other than it didn't come out as expected but the actual name of said factory doesn't matter to me, the end results do. Both of you are more concerned about talking smack then the actual piece and have been. Would I have loved this to be better, absolutely! But it's not and that's the way it is. Going on for days trying to piece together some posts over 2 years to make some odd conspiracy theory is a waste of time and honestly kinda goofy. If it makes you feel better I guess go ahead but it's not as if they chose a subpar factory just because.

I think you're missing the point here Farb, yeah people are upset with the final product, but what's truly upsetting is how CC led people to believe they were using Toynami. Not only that, they then had the nerve to tell people they used a different factory after they started shipping these out. That's ridiculously shady. Why you feel the need to constantly defend them is beyond me.

I agree with Darb and I am someone who paid for this two years ago and received one with issues. It seems the biggest complainers are those who didn't even buy it. CC made a mistake/misrepresented things and they admitted it. They also agreed to give everyone back their money if they don't want it. This isn't ARH where they change things, take forever to deliver, never admit to anything and attack customers for having problems with what is delivered. ARH doesn't give your money back either. They make it as hard for you as possible to even return said items, charge you shipping, etc. If CC operated in this manner, I'd feel the same.

I guess some of us are different in that we do not act like cry babies and can see situations logically. I spent plenty of money on this, had to wait years, and what was delivered wasn't what was promised, but I didn't lose my **** over it. I wasn't ripped off. I was given reasonable options and everything worked out. The hivemind of some on these forums is ridiculous. So many always so eager to join in on a witch hunt. Those who don't jump on the bandwagon are insulted and trolled. To be clear, anyone who behaves in that manner is outing themselves as a childish idiot. Too stupid to see how ****ing dumb they look. Trolling toy forums...that speaks volumes about your pathetic existence.

I'd be with the upset people had CC not admitted to what they did and didn't offer refunds, exchanges, or credit, but they offered all of the above and apologized. If some can't accept CC's mea culpa that's their problem and I couldn't care less.

You are right darb. When the final product is shipped, the fault ultimately lies with the company as opposed to placing full blame on the factory. The problem here is not that Toynami wasn't used but the bait-and-switch move CC pulled.

im not missing the point at all just adult enough to accept it and move forward not dwell on it like this election and liberals. They insinuated Toynamis factory was going to be making this but didnt 100% say it and whos to say that Toynamis people didnt recommend said factory who, in fact, delivered samples that where superior than the final product that got delivered. Chronicle couldn't foresee that was going to happen, yet people are acting as if that isnt the case and not only had to deal with getting a stock of flawed product also deal with unhappy customers. So instead of pulling a SS and not even explain or acknowledge what happened they came totally honest as well as doing what they can to make customers happy with nearly an 50% credit or a full refund. What more do you want lol? other than to cry on the internet about a product you never bought or intended to buy?

I think people are mad because Paul and Chronicle hang their hat on their working relationship with Toynami. No company ever mentions the factories but Paul has mentioned the fact that only Chronicle and Cinemaquette (maybe ECC - not sure) use and have their products made at the Toynami factory. A statement I've heard time and time again is a cinemaquette quality for $500 or $700 (or a fraction of the price)...something of that nature.

I've gotten a few stinker pieces in my years of collecting - QC wise, but I've never once looked at a piece and said, yep! This is from Factory X And this one, factory Y, no doubt.

I've personally always thought the Toynami factory factor was something that was made into something bigger than it was. Now that people all of a sudden have been told Toynami wasn't the factory that produced this piece, they're saying, "I thought this was a Toynami piece! BLASPHEMY!" I love Chronicle, but as silly as this Toynami (or lack of )situation is it's something that was created by Chronicle as they've been advertising Toynami.

Who's an apologist?

Please see reference posted below:

im not missing the point at all just adult enough to accept it and move forward not dwell on it like this election and liberals. They insinuated Toynamis factory was going to be making this but didnt 100% say it and whos to say that Toynamis people didnt recommend said factory who, in fact, delivered samples that where superior than the final product that got delivered. Chronicle couldn't foresee that was going to happen, yet people are acting as if that isnt the case and not only had to deal with getting a stock of flawed product also deal with unhappy customers. So instead of pulling a SS and not even explain or acknowledge what happened they came totally honest as well as doing what they can to make customers happy with nearly an 50% credit or a full refund. What more do you want lol? other than to cry on the internet about a product you never bought or intended to buy?

I agree with Darb and I am someone who paid for this two years ago and received one with issues. It seems the biggest complainers are those who didn't even buy it. CC made a mistake/misrepresented things and they admitted it. They also agreed to give everyone back their money if they don't want it. This isn't ARH where they change things, take forever to deliver, never admit to anything and attack customers for having problems with what is delivered. ARH doesn't give your money back either. They make it as hard for you as possible to even return said items, charge you shipping, etc. If CC operated in this manner, I'd feel the same.

I guess some of us are different in that we do not act like cry babies and can see situations logically. I spent plenty of money on this, had to wait years, and what was delivered wasn't what was promised, but I didn't lose my **** over it. I wasn't ripped off. I was given reasonable options and everything worked out. The hivemind of some on these forums is ridiculous. So many always so eager to join in on a witch hunt. Those who don't jump on the bandwagon are insulted and trolled. To be clear, anyone who behaves in that manner is outing themselves as a childish idiot. Too stupid to see how ****ing dumb they look. Trolling toy forums...that speaks volumes about your pathetic existence.

I'd be with the upset people had CC not admitted to what they did and didn't offer refunds, exchanges, or credit, but they offered all of the above and apologized. If some can't accept CC's mea culpa that's their problem and I couldn't care less.

How ironic. You say that those - like yourself - who don't jump on the badwagon are insulted and trolled then under the same breath call others pathetic, ****ing dumb trolls.

Listen to this, I ordered this since day one, about two years later I got it, first they sent me an email saying to confirm my address they got it right. So low and behold I wait all day because it was getting delivered saturday well it never came. I call fed x and chronicle wrote the wrong unit number down they put 9 instead of 109. So i was already bothered, then I get the statue and what a piece of crap plastic and damaged I was so mad I sent this right back and never want to do business with them again. Idk what happened but this company needs to learn how to make quality stuff I think I paid over 550 for this statue. What a shame and a disgrace that they put something like this out for people to buy it should of been like 75 bucks the quality of this. All I can say is sad very sad and I am sorry for those who wanted to keep it because this was a disgrace to all statues, even worse than the man of steel pf that side show put out!

thats stating facts really and using logic. They never came out and said 100% Toynami was doing it just insinuated that they where you also left out the important factual tidbit of info I posted which stated they received sample from the run that looked nothing like what was delivered. How are you supposed to foreshadow what was going to be delivered if what you were promised and shown was different? They didn't admit what happened.............?

How ironic. You say that those - like yourself - who don't jump on the badwagon are insulted and trolled then under the same breath call others pathetic, ****ing dumb trolls.

I am describing their behavior and the type of person who behaves in that manner. I'm also not trolling. It's called an opinion.
You'll be happy to know I'm done with this thread so feel free to complain your ass off for the next few years, saying the same thing, over and over and over....

I am describing their behavior and the type of person who behaves in that manner. I'm also not trolling. It's called an opinion.
You'll be happy to know I'm done with this thread so feel free to complain your ass off for the next few years, saying the same thing, over and over and over....

. . . and I'm just describing your hypocrisy. I don't believe you are a troll. Just a hypocrite.

Don't forget after concerns were raised each piece was checked by Chronicle, personally by Paul, before being sent out to cusomers...

Saying Toynami was never stated as producing this is BS.
Information given to Authorised Dealers...

Screenshot_20170124-011005.jpg

Screenshot_20170124-011441.jpg

Screenshot_20170124-012355.jpg

By using a tried and tested factory. Maybe one you have a great relationsip with, the one that produces Cinemaquette stuff, the one Chronicle will use for CM quality at a fraction of the price.
How are you supposed to foreshadow what was going to be delivered if what you were promised and shown was different?

Great post Robopredinator. I for one appreciate the leg work. Twas the old bait and switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost my 10% NRD, and now have a CC Genisys collection that just doesn't feel complete. I agree it was a bait and switch, and the situation sucks. That said, the company has learnt the hard way, and have taken steps to amend the problem. At this point there's nothing much more that can be done. (Although, I'd like to see another Endo piece in this line done well.)

My gut tells me Paul is telling the truth when he says they won't risk another factory again. It's an undeniable black mark, but think it's a question of how the next few years play out. I'm sure the JP pieces will be great.

Here's the problem with what your saying your placing your own interpretation and opinion into the mix and treating it as fact you do that often really.

You and I have no clue what factory they used, if it was a toynami approved one, or whether or not they have made anything in the past. Simple point is the factory more than likely has done other pieces and probably others that we have seen. Who's also to say that Toynami uses a single factory and or owns their own factory? Maybe they have a network of factories they approve of that do great work idk. Might not ever know unless a producer lets you in on the show behind the curtain.

Those product descriptions you posted really mean nothing who's to say those are all official descriptions and not just added in by some web admin for the sites. Not saying it wasn't mentioned but it also wasn't advertised on the official website, so unless it was detailed in the description sent to destributors then who knows.

Back