Chronicle 1/2 Terminator Arnold bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humbly disagree. The meaty areas are the color of bubblegum

Eager to see this

TERMINATORBUST.jpg

TerminatorGbust.jpg

That's how mine looked too. Just add gloss, it'll make the colors appear more vibrant. It doesn't matter what brand, even the cheap $3 acrylic gloss from Michaels will do the trick.

8204042.jpg

That's how mine looked too. Just add gloss, it'll make the colors appear more vibrant. It doesn't matter what brand, even the cheap $3 acrylic gloss from Michaels will do the trick.

8204042.jpg

Yeah, tried this upon your recommendation and I think it works great. Thank you

Repaint coming along nicely

Attachments

• IMG_20160728_183339.jpg
    IMG_20160728_183339.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20160728_183357.jpg
    IMG_20160728_183357.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 108
Simple job that takes 10 minutes and makes a massive difference. Why Chronicle did not do this is beyond me, for the price we should not have to do this

Has anyone had any experience with Chrome spray paint and polystone? I want to chrome the endoskull on this, but I'm not sure how it will adhere to it. I heard spazstix or alclad mirror chrome works great. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Has anyone had any experience with Chrome spray paint and polystone? I want to chrome the endoskull on this, but I'm not sure how it will adhere to it. I heard spazstix or alclad mirror chrome works great. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Alclad requires an airbrush. Clean the area fully first as it is so fine that it will show the dust, or even fingerprints beneath. Use a gloss black base coat and apply the chrome in several very thin coats. And practice first on a cheap kit or something. Masking is the time consuming part tbh.

Thanks for the tips man. What do you mean by clean the area first?

Rafa did a nice re paint on the chronical endo using spazstix... not sure what the Endo is made of but you can see the results near the end of this vid. Probably the best alternative to alclad thru an airbrush .

Thanks for the tips man. What do you mean by clean the area first?

Make sure the area you are painting is as clean as possible. This can be as simple as wiping it all down. Or if need be, using very fine sanding paper/sponges to remove any blemishes that might be present.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm going to give it a shot. Ill post the results here when I'm done.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm going to give it a shot. Ill post the results here when I'm done.

Remember, practice, practice, practice before you do it to the real thing! Get something like airfix's dirt cheap 1/72 P-51d kit and play around. Or even just some scrap material. You can also try a gloss white base coat which will offer a different tone to the finish to see which you prefer in person. Best of luck..

Arnold Schwarzenegger: THE TERMINATOR.
Awesome bust from Chronicle collectibles with a few paint mods.

75NP95.jpg

eXSnoz.jpg

bPAOu3.jpg

Back