Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was in FP in Shaftsbury Avenue, displayed in the Window for about £500.
Seeing it in person it wasn't as bad as it has looked in pics but I'm still uncertain about the resemblance to Reeve. It looks a little like him but I wouldn't say it was definitely him if you took the outfit away from him.
Quite an impressive statue though with great presence (no way worth £500 though)

Arrived today. I am really happy with him. Is he perfect, no. Enough of likeness there for me. Water effects and damn look really good. Base does not bother me as much as I though it would. Love the bright colors and cape tailoring not too bad on mine. Hands look in better proportion to the rest of the body in person. Pose works for me also. Again he looks much better in person. I needed to have a Reeve Superman in my pf collection. He will always be Superman to me. Took me back to 1978.

Thanks SammyG! You are an awesome guy! Thanks for all your help. 89 Keaton Batman next.
IMG_20151230_165215.jpg

Arrived today. I am really happy with him. Is he perfect, no. Enough of likeness there for me. Water effects and damn look really good. Base does not bother me as much as I though it would. Love the bright colors and cape tailoring not too bad on mine. Hands look in better proportion to the rest of the body in person. Pose works for me also. Again he looks much better in person. I needed to have a Reeve Superman in my pf collection. He will always be Superman to me. Took me back to 1978.

Thanks SammyG! You are an awesome guy! Thanks for all your help. 89 Keaton Batman next.
View attachment 233398

Congrats affatori i like him very much too.My favorite piece in my collection along with Keaton PF
Untitled.jpg

Congrats to all that bought this statue.
Not taking anything away from SS and in certain angles this looks ok but they could of definitely done so much better.
I hope in 2016 this license gets handed over to Blitzway (K.A Kim), Hot Toys(1/4) or the big daddy Prime 1 (probably 1/3 which is a near 100% chance).
SS Keaton Batman on the other hand is an excellent statue. Has presence and is lovely to look at.

Congrats affatori i like him very much too.My favorite piece in my collection along with Keaton PF
View attachment 233818

Thanks brother. I really am digging him. Getting Keaton pf soon from bbts for 367.99 plus 14.95 shipping soon. Can't beat that price, even with ssc reward points factored in. Ssc shipping has gotten crazy. Funny bbts much further away from me here in Az, but shipping price half of ssc.

Congrats Tony on Reeve, and picking up Keaton from BBTS!

I think there are a lot of collectors who are put off of this piece due to the incredibly horrible, direct-flash, washed out cell phone pics. Don't get me wrong, I have some comments on this piece (as you and I have discussed, which I won't belabour here), but in all fairness, he displays very well. Especially when lit.

Looking forward to your review on Keaton.

IMG_1339.jpg

I think there are a lot of collectors who are put off of this piece due to the incredibly horrible, direct-flash, washed out cell phone pics. Don't get me wrong, I have some comments on this piece (as you and I have discussed, which I won't belabour here), but in all fairness, he displays very well. Especially when lit.

Love my Keaton, but even "good" pics of this don't sway me unfortunately. Glad you like him though.

Happy for the folks who like him. I just recently saw this in hand a local store (Dallas Vintage Toys) and for me, the only thing I like on it is the paint job.

I tried to like this statue. Got one, returned it, got the replacement, and returned it. It might have been a great statue if SS hadn't gotten sloppy with it. I can deal with the weird pose and base. I can even deal with the off HS. What I can't deal with is the inexcusable uneven "S" shield, frayed cape from cheap fabric, and leaning issues both of my statues had. Any company that gets the chance to make a statue of this iconic character should put the time and money in to do it right. Hopefully Prime will get their chance.

I tried to like this statue. Got one, returned it, got the replacement, and returned it. It might have been a great statue if SS hadn't gotten sloppy with it. I can deal with the weird pose and base. I can even deal with the off HS. What I can't deal with is the inexcusable uneven "S" shield, frayed cape from cheap fabric, and leaning issues both of my statues had. Any company that gets the chance to make a statue of this iconic character should put the time and money in to do it right. Hopefully Prime will get their chance.

I felt the same way. I po'd and cancelled.
Well said especially your last two sentences.

View attachment 234106

^ Looks like leaning is yet another issue this PF has to add to the long list of problems.That looks like he is leaning way too much, he should be a lot more vertical if you look at Sidehow's pics.

2hptzsj.jpg

Both statues I received were leaning at least that much, if not more. I think the hole the foot peg went into wasn't bored out correctly.

^ Looks like leaning is yet another issue this PF has to add to the long list of problems.That looks like he is leaning way too much, he should be a lot more vertical if you look at Sidehow's pics.

Seen more than a few CR PF's that sit at an 11 O'clock angle as looking at him... perhaps the foot peg or hole or both were incorrectly set on some; though it wouldn't surprise me if he was leaning considering the cost cutting SS did on this piece. Thankfully mine sits straight, do admit I check it regularly for any signs of leaning.

Folks need to do the same with the Keaton PF as he tends to tilt forward ever so slightly - thankfully adjusted him also. With more dynamic poses and cheaper builds leaning is something that is bound to become more of an issue over time across a slew of pieces.

View attachment 234106

Awesome picture my friend. I am hopefully ordering Keaton Bats in the next few days. Hoping to move some figures to help pay for it. Thank you again for all your help. Will let you know when I get him and review him. Happy new year my friend.

I got stucj with this one because I didn't report the problems within the 30 day window. Mine has stitching missing in parts around his neck in addition to the regular issues. In contrast to others, I do like the pose as it makes the piece unique.

Still glad I got him. Just ordered Keaton Bats pf today from bbts for 380.67 shipped today. Got the last standard grade box. Does bbts pf figures ship with Sideshow shippers? This is my first pf ordered from them. Thanks.

Still glad I got him. Just ordered Keaton Bats pf today from bbts for 380.67 shipped today. Got the last standard grade box. Does bbts pf figures ship with Sideshow shippers? This is my first pf ordered from them. Thanks.

BBTS is top-notch with their shipping. They will put the shipper box in another cardboard box with green bubble rap.

BBTS is top-notch with their shipping. They will put the shipper box in another cardboard box with green bubble rap.

Wow!! That is great that they do that. Really shocked. If no exclusive, I think all my pf future purchases will be through them. Their super saver shipping cost can't be beat. Thanks for the Intel boss!

Congrats to those who have this and like it. It was on display at a local shop I went to to pick HT Han and Chewie and they only thing I liked about this was the paint apps which blew me away. I saw the cape fraying, belt was sagging, red bled into the yellow on the 's' shield. I really hope Prime1 does a 1/3 version of this b/c I'd definitely love to have a large format Reeeve in my collection

Back