Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was super easy. I bought some blank fabric transfers from Walmart.

https://i.imgur.com/hrGK4kZ.jpg

I then used this picture to print on the blank fabric transfer. Make sure you print on the correct side. I didn't the first try and it looked like crap. Lol

https://i.imgur.com/SsNEI8K.png

The hard part is getting the sizing right. So print off a bunch of different sizes on regular paper and cut them out. Then hold them on your statue. Pick the best size and go from there.

I ended up printing 4 on one sheet. With the logo at 55% size.

Then get some double sided white fabric tape and cover the whole back of the symbol. Or you could iron it right on. I have not got the courage to do this...yet

Let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to help.

Oh for the love of GOD don't try to iron the darn thing on. This is a PVC statue right??? You might melt the damn thing with the heat....lol

Hello everyone, my first post. I did an unboxing review on YouTube. After living with the statue for a month, I decided to return it. As mentioned in this thread, I just couldn't justify the cost versus the quality. I hope that SSC will release a Reeve's statue in a more traditional pose with better quality. I had high expectations after my Keaton Batman, but it is what it is.

I saw it in person and I am shocked it's not nearly as bad as the photos. For real, it looks much better in person.

The water effects are stupid though, looks better without them IMO.

It's not perfect of course but it's not terrible like I thought it would be either. It is actually ok and I cannot believe I just said that! Still surprised really, big piece too.

Just purchased this from a local shop today.. I too am shocked to find out how nice in person this PF is!!!!! I really like this and in person the likeness is very nice..Yes, Reeve looks stern but it's in a serious intensity not a scowl.. I rather like it. My "S" is nice on the chest.. and yes the bottom edge of the cape has little threads that where not cut away after the hem was sewed and it took me 20 minutes to make that right with a small pair if clippers. The costume is very nice and the paint job is also great.. I have #121/1500 The water parts are not loose or floppy once seated, and my base does not "rock to and fro" It's now been viewed by about 10 folks and they are all amazed how it looks like he's hoovering/flight.. Once you place this on display it has a very nice presence and I'd give it an 8 out of 10.. and these are for miner issues... If you were on the fence and thinking you might want to pick up Supes.. if Reeves is your passion.. get this before one day he's gone and your paying $600-$700 on ebay...:) I got a great deal $390 flat from my local collectible store..

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me that this is is better in person. I recently picked up the SS 1/6 Nathan Drake and 1/6 comic superman and both look pretty terrible in pictures but man did they turn out to be fantastic figures. I'm tempted to get this but with how it's looking, I'm sure this will go on sale+double rewards like the MoS PF did

Congrats man, always a pleasure to hear people enjoying collectibles more than bashing them! :hi5:

Yes..:) I don't like everything as well as many others but you make your comments and you move on.. I notice I few that have to answer every post with a nasty bash comment and they don't let up.. such a waste of their time.. folks are gonna like what they like...:)

It doesn't surprise me that this is is better in person. I recently picked up the SS 1/6 Nathan Drake and 1/6 comic superman and both look pretty terrible in pictures but man did they turn out to be fantastic figures. I'm tempted to get this but with how it's looking, I'm sure this will go on sale+double rewards like the MoS PF did

I hope you do get one.. it has it's good and bad points.. don't they all but beauty is in the eye of the beholder..:) I'm going to post some pics soon of my mostly 1/4 bats statue and art print room...:) Supes really looks great in it!

Hi guys. Today I noticed that the base of my statue has leaked some kind of liquid. It smell a little bit acid. I could't determine if the leak was of the circular base or if it was from the dam piece. I think it was the dam but not 100% sure. I'm starting to worry if this is some kind of material degradation.
Does it happened to anyone of you?
Here are some pictures

2015-08-02 17.43.12.jpg

2015-08-02 17.43.34.jpg

2015-08-02 17.46.48.jpg

2015-08-02 17.44.15.jpg

2015-08-02 17.46.33.jpg

2015-08-02 17.47.15.jpg

Hi guys. Today I noticed that the base of my statue has leaked some kind of liquid. It smell a little bit acid. I could't determine if the leak was of the circular base or if it was from the dam piece. I think it was the dam but not 100% sure. I'm starting to worry if this is some kind of material degradation.
Does it happened to anyone of you?
Here are some pictures

View attachment 201373

View attachment 201374

View attachment 201377

View attachment 201375

View attachment 201376

View attachment 201378

I have never heard of anything like this before.

It is really weird. I have some PF statues but never happened nothing like that. This is the first time I have a problem like this.

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk

I've never seen that before either. I don't even know what could cause that on that statue. They probably won't do anything but you could contact SS and see what they say.

I think it could be a not cured material on the dam sculpted base. I can see a darker line all along the dam base that appears to be wet.

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk

Wow, they REALLY went for a realistic bursting dam!

I have seen this happen on some Bishoujo's. If it is the same thing, then your assesment is correct. The material did not fully set or was defective and is starting to break down.

I would use some caution handling it. No telling what chemical it is spewing.

Wow, they REALLY went for a realistic bursting dam!

I have seen this happen on some Bishoujo's. If it is the same thing, then your assesment is correct. The material did not fully set or was defective and is starting to break down.

I would use some caution handling it. No telling what chemical it is spewing.

:exactly:

had something similar happen with two of my bishoujos (Batgirl & Emma Frost), it's one of the reasons I stopped collecting PVC statues.

I did not think this piece could get any worse, yet here we are. Hopefully that is an isolated incident, would hate for the handful of people that like it to have it start this.

Back