Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let downs? nobody has it yet. No reviews on it or people saying they have any problems with it. Only thing that could be what you are referring to is a cell phone camera shot showing the face sculpt and S shield like we all have 'WallEye Vision'. If you have 'wall eye vision' then everything will look like a let down. Poor John Cryer in hot shots.....darn Wall Eye vision. 236786.1.jpg

:rotfl You are really hoping for this piece aren`t you. Trying to convince yourself.
Well...got pictures from SS site many pics n videos from SDCC. for 425 dollars + shipping + taxes I expect something better than this.

I wasn't really all that impressed by the prototype on this one. I mean this and the Man of Steel PF just plain suck IMO.

Gee thanks for your wonderful comedic words of wisdom. I will give that a try.

So with 6 posts to your name you have had 6 confrontational/***hat like exchanges. Man that is a new record. You know what you like the piece that is totally your prerogative, and I won't fault you for it. However, you coming in here with 6 posts and telling others that they should leave the thread because they are hacking on a statue that MANY of them either order or having been waiting for their entire adult life is just to ****ing rich dude. It is like coming into a guys house grabbing the remote and changing the channel. However, after reading your responses I could see you doing that.

Honestly, I defended this piece up and down forever, but these first production piece shots look HORRIBLE, and I don't blame the artist behind it. This is mainly a case where the guys in the design department fell down on the job, and the QC department was nowhere to be seen. The shield in those photos is stitched in WRONG. The boarders are all over the place in terms of thickness and it is cockeyed. I guarantee there will be better ones, but their will also be more that are just the same if not worse. This shouldn't have happened and it easily could have been avoided. Just look at the comicbook PF. If you can't do something right ALL the time on a $425 statue.... find an alternative.

It is a near metaphysical certainty that anyone who comes into a forum space and with their very first post (as well as subsequent posts) feels perfectly comfortable making disrespectful and confrontational comments directed at members, etc., that what you're dealing with is a ghost account of a more established member who doesn't have the stones to put out his comments under his own username. We've seen it 1,000 times. Notice how all six posts (current as I write this) are on the same thread - this one. Can you say 'agenda'? If it were any more obvious it would be comical. Just watch him fade away now (after a predictable couple more bombs are thrown in retaliation, and maybe one or two cover posts on other threads now that we've called him out). :wave

Anyway, skepticism regarding this piece is more than warranted based on the proto and the first few production shots, but let's see what we actually get home...

I feel, like I think most of us do, Chris Reeve is the quintessential Superman, and he'll always be that those of us in our 30's and up, or so. He's all we knew as Superman, and damn it, he brought the role such class, so because of this we hold any Chris Reeve products that are released very dear to us and we are going to scrutinize the heck out of it. Much like Micheal Keaton is too Batman, Reeve is to Superman.

With that being said, I feel most die hard fans will probably have their mixed feelings about this figure, but it won't stop them from purchasing it. I've had mine on order since day one, and although I'm not totally floored with it, I am glad too be getting it.

But love of the character and figure aside, there are some noticeable flaws that Sideshow need to correct going forward. Our beloved characters need to be treated better and much more careful. After all, without the collectors, none of these companies would exist.

That's simply my opinion. I do hope to see many more pics of this guy, and will surely post them myself when mine arrives.

Joey.

I feel, like I think most of us do, Chris Reeve is the quintessential Superman, and he'll always be that those of us in our 30's and up, or so. He's all we knew as Superman, and damn it, he brought the role such class, so because of this we hold any Chris Reeve products that are released very dear to us and we are going to scrutinize the heck out of it. Much like Micheal Keaton is too Batman, Reeve is to Superman.

With that being said, I feel most die hard fans will probably have their mixed feelings about this figure, but it won't stop them from purchasing it. I've had mine on order since day one, and although I'm not totally floored with it, I am glad too be getting it.

But love of the character and figure aside, there are some noticeable flaws that Sideshow need to correct going forward. Our beloved characters need to be treated better and much more careful. After all, without the collectors, none of these companies would exist.

That's simply my opinion. I do hope to see many more pics of this guy, and will surely post them myself when mine arrives.

Joey.

good post from a fellow Toronto collector.

I loved the first superman movie. I saw it as a kid when it was first released. He was fantastic.

I wanted to love this statue. But I cannot reward a company for...to put it nicely...a subpar statue.

There is a huge pent up demand for him to do done right. It is only a matter of time until another company gets a crack at it. I will wait patiently until then, or I may decide to get the CM version, which although still has it's own issues, does some justice to the greatest superhero portrayal of all time.

Am I in Bizarro world? What did I say that was so 'disrespectful'? The fact that I called out recent bashing of this piece based on distorted cell phone pics? I must be crazy. So Im not allowed to respond to condenscending replies to my initial post because Im a 'newbie'? I guess I don't know the etiquette of being able to go against the grain in my 1st posts on the forum.....my apologies. So what number of posts do I need to be at do start disagreeing with the 'Big Dogs'? My point was to wait til actual photos show up that arent taken with a flash and a cell phone.

The analogy of me being a person that walks into a guys house and changing the channel really doesn't make much sense. This is a public forum and I simply voiced my opinion against negative comments. How is that anything like walking into some guys house and changing the channel?
A better analogy for you would be I'm like someone who walked into a room where people are watching a movie....let's say Superman. So many of the group are sitting and enjoying the movie. The rest are saying how bad it is and saying they can't believe anybody would like this garbage. So I ask 'why are you here? Why are you watching it?' Then I get attacked and beaten for being a trouble maker. :dunno

Agenda? What could my possible agenda be?
Called me out on what?! Im simply a guy who really likes this piece and can appreciate and understand the obstacles involved with duplicating a super hero movie icon.

Am I in Bizarro world? What did I say that was so 'disrespectful'? The fact that I called out recent bashing of this piece based on distorted cell phone pics? I must be crazy. So Im not allowed to respond to condenscending replies to my initial post because Im a 'newbie'? I guess I don't know the etiquette of being able to go against the grain in my 1st posts on the forum.....my apologies. So what number of posts do I need to be at do start disagreeing with the 'Big Dogs'? My point was to wait til actual photos show up that arent taken with a flash and a cell phone.

The analogy of me being a person that walks into a guys house and changing the channel really doesn't make much sense. This is a public forum and I simply voiced my opinion against negative comments. How is that anything like walking into some guys house and changing the channel?
A better analogy for you would be I'm like someone who walked into a room where people are watching a movie....let's say Superman. So many of the group are sitting and enjoying the movie. The rest are saying how bad it is and saying they can't believe anybody would like this garbage. So I ask 'why are you here? Why are you watching it?' Then I get attacked and beaten for being a trouble maker. :dunno

Called me out on what?! Im simply a guy who really likes this piece and can appreciate and understand the obstacles involved with duplicating a super hero movie icon.

Credit where credit is due, DK. This is well said. I'll apologize if I'm wrong about how I characterized your posts. I thought you were abrasive where abrasiveness was not called for in several of your posts. But no one is going to try to kick you out of the discussion just because you chose to insinuate that the comments of other members were laughable with post number one, even though decorum might suggest that you take a slightly more deferential stance at least initially while we're getting to know you.

But that said, we are all passionate about this hobby, and we hold on to our opinions like sacred ground. That's just the nature of anything that captures passion. I don't plan on getting any deeper into this as I've said my peace. So welcome to the forum if you're in fact a newbie, and enjoy... There's a lot to explore and enjoy here.

GTFO n00b.

Grab some punctuation on the way out.

Then again, there are differing opinions...:lol

Thanks a lot :)
BTW. I really love your man of steel pics. They really showcase the piece very well and has been the thing that is making me pick one up. Sideshow should hire you to take their production pics. Yours are much better than the pics on the SS site. Im looking forward to seeing more or your pics of upcoming statues.

Back