Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are saying "But these are supposed to be museum quality." Please. These aren't a Monet or Van Gogh painting. These are great, highly-detailed COLLECTIBLES. You won't ever catch any of this stuff in a museum at any point. I would be thrilled if Sideshow only used PVC from now on. Provided they use the highest quality, non leaning, time-tested, everything is fine to me. Solid PVC would take care of more weight which would add to luxury. Frankly, I'm sick of telling guests "never touch the statues" for fear they might snap off a finger.

Agree re: the 'high end' remarks.

No one complained about the Hot Toys 1/4 scale Batman that turned out awesome. How is this any different? PVC is awesome imo.

I find it odd you of all people are championing this.

PVC = Action Figure.

Not justifiable at these price points.

I have been accused of being an SS fanboy, but GMAFB. There is no such thing as 'high end PVC'

I find it odd you of all people are championing this.

PVC = Action Figure.

Not justifiable at these price points.

I have been accused of being an SS fanboy, but GMAFB. There is no such thing as 'high end PVC'

I respectfully disagree. If a figure/statue can look more lifelike and be less fragile and will still stand the test of time as a PVC figure, then why on earth not use it? I am not asking for it to be poseable. These still are statues. Do your research and look at some of the amazing highly-detailed PVC statues that look better than Sideshow right now. The Bruce Lee PVC statue is amazing. I would love to see Sideshow pick up that technology. And as for Bruce C agreeing with me somewhat: Thanks Bruce. :D

I respectfully disagree. If a figure/statue can look more lifelike and be less fragile and will still stand the test of time as a PVC figure, then why on earth not use it? I am not asking for it to be poseable. These still are statues. Do your research and look at some of the amazing highly-detailed PVC statues that look better than Sideshow right now. The Bruce Lee PVC statue is amazing. I would love to see Sideshow pick up that technology. And as for Bruce agreeing with me somewhat: Thanks Bruce. :D

Blitway is using a polystone body and PVC head. It's a hybrid.

I have some Bishouho's, and while I like them, it's an entirely different class. No way is a plastic statue worth over 4 bills.

I don't think fragility and weight are really negatives when it comes to a statue.

But hey, knock yourself out. If this is the direction they are heading, I'll be exiting stage left. This has really put a sour taste in my mouth.

Still can't believe you pass based on ES effecting collectibility/value, but are ok with this. They will be the velvet paintings of the statue world.

Blitway is using a polystone body and PVC head. It's a hybrid.

I have some Bishouho's, and while I like them, it's an entirely different class. No way is a plastic statue worth over 4 bills.

I don't think fragility and weight are really negatives when it comes to a statue.

But hey, knock yourself out. If this is the direction they are heading, I'll be exiting stage left. This has really put a sour taste in my mouth.

Still can't believe you pass based on ES effecting collectibility/value, but are ok with this. They will be the velvet paintings of the statue world.

To each their own. You can't compare the awesome Bruce Lee PVC statue to cheap Bishoujou's. Total different type of plastic... and quality. And once again, the hot toys 1/4 Batman looks sick. As for ES, that is about flooding the market for me, and as we have seen, I think Sideshow is mostly starting to become more reasonable in ES now that they see the heavy hitters with huge ES are still in stock for ages (for the most part). Everything in balance whether ES, polystone or PVC I say. I would be fine with polystone body and PVC headsculpts. Choose with your wallet, if you don't like it, don't buy. I didn't buy Bats or WW 'cause I thought they made too many but Supes at 7500 ES didn't bother me so I bought him. I also bought Catwoman at 6000 ES. There is a fine line to everything. Speak with your wallet. I do all the time. :)

Frankly I'm disgusted. I waffled quite a bit over this release, thankfully I didn't give them a NRD.

You really think SS use of PVC will rival Blitzway/Hot Toys?

I'll bet they will give NECA a run for their money though.

Frankly I'm disgusted. I waffled quite a bit over this release, thankfully I didn't give them a NRD.

You really think SS use of PVC will rival Blitzway/Hot Toys?

I'll bet they will give NECA a run for their money though.

:lol Neca. We shall see. But I'm willing to give Sideshow a chance to prove themselves with PVC. Hope it isn't a letdown. :dunno

:lol Neca. We shall see. But I'm willing to give Sideshow a chance to prove themselves with PVC. Hope it isn't a letdown. :dunno

Ummm SS has been doing PVC for awhile now, only have to look at their 1:6 Star Wars Figure line and how almost all of them have horrible likeness factors with the actors in the movies. SS has said they have a new process so here's hoping their Luke and Han Hoth figures coming out in a few months will show they can compete with Hot Toys....

People are saying "But these are supposed to be museum quality." Please. These aren't a Monet or Van Gogh painting. These are great, highly-detailed COLLECTIBLES. You won't ever catch any of this stuff in a museum at any point. I would be thrilled if Sideshow only used PVC from now on. Provided they use the highest quality, non leaning, time-tested, everything is fine to me. Solid PVC would take care of more weight which would add to luxury. Frankly, I'm sick of telling guests "never touch the statues" for fear they might snap off a finger.

Anyone who is affraid of this happening can always just follow the Universe's own anomaly: CBG and display your statues on top of cardboard boxes with fish nets, rubber bands, post it-notes, and tissues (possibly lotion as well, we can't overrule this with the tissues being there). That seems to ward off any unwanted touching or viewing of the statues.

Anyone who is affraid of this happening can always just follow the Universe's own anomaly: CBG and display your statues on top of cardboard boxes with fish nets, rubber bands, post it-notes, and tissues (possibly lotion as well, we can't overrule this with the tissues being there). That seems to ward off any unwanted touching or viewing of the statues.

Great advice :lol

I'm curious to see how PVC statues turn out. I have the Koto Jim Lee Batman, and while I think it's a beautiful piece, it doesn't come close to the quality of any of my polystone pieces. I have also had Koto's "put together" PVC Batman Begins statues and those were well below what I would consider standard quality, and both were somehwhat fragile with the figures breaking off the base rather easily. I'm not saying I'll never buy a PVC statue from Sideshow, but I am personally finding it hard to justify the price I have been paying for 1/4 scale polystone statues for plastic ones :dunno

First, let me clear something! I love PVC! I love PLASTIC! I began to collect with PLASTIC not STONE! Here, so many collectors are underrating plastic! Guys, you are so funny:) The ones who are making light of with PVC becomes the well-wishers of it! I am not agaitns of using PVC but we all know that Sideshow is not a company who uses PVC in their products! The problem is they don't ANNOUNCE this big change to their customers! They can do movies for promoting Court of the Dead line but not able to tell the reasons of using PVC! Don't we have right to know it? And if I can buy a PVC statue from KOTOBUKIYA at lower prices, why would I want to spend 400$? The fabric clothes make the difference? Common! They are producing in China and probably they are the cheapest of all time! This is why all companies produce everything in CHINA! Still some says if it looks good, no problem which sounds ridiculous:) So why are the prices getting higher? What kind of a love or passion could make a man so blind? Sideshow has to announce us that they are starting to use PVC in their statues before pre-ordering Man of Steel and Chris Reeve's statues! This is so simple! There's no other way of being HONESTY! Let me tell you that you are not doing any good to Sideshow! If you want to support them, you should criticize objectively and it can be ruthless sometimes!

Lastly a collector mentioned that his son is cancer! Bro, I understand you cause I had cancer too and it destroyed my whole life! I lost nearly every precious thing at the last 10 years! I wish you the best and I believe your son will beat that mother f.cker! No doubt! But your situation is extreme so keep the Man of Steel if it feels your son better! Feeling better is the strongest weapon to fight with this illness so do what you have to do as a father. My hearth and my all good feelings are with your son and your family...

Thank you Magnum'. I am sorry to hear about your fight and sorry to hear the effect it had a good you. I ordered this figure but cancelled long before the pvc talk because I thought the Mos was the better figure. If prices drop for this or it goes on sale etc I might pick him up.

First, let me clear something! I love PVC! I love PLASTIC! I began to collect with PLASTIC not STONE! Here, so many collectors are underrating plastic! Guys, you are so funny:) The ones who are making light of with PVC becomes the well-wishers of it! I am not agaitns of using PVC but we all know that Sideshow is not a company who uses PVC in their products! The problem is they don't ANNOUNCE this big change to their customers! They can do movies for promoting Court of the Dead line but not able to tell the reasons of using PVC! Don't we have right to know it? And if I can buy a PVC statue from KOTOBUKIYA at lower prices, why would I want to spend 400$? The fabric clothes make the difference? Common! They are producing in China and probably they are the cheapest of all time! This is why all companies produce everything in CHINA! Still some says if it looks good, no problem which sounds ridiculous:) So why are the prices getting higher? What kind of a love or passion could make a man so blind? Sideshow has to announce us that they are starting to use PVC in their statues before pre-ordering Man of Steel and Chris Reeve's statues! This is so simple! There's no other way of being HONESTY! Let me tell you that you are not doing any good to Sideshow! If you want to support them, you should criticize objectively and it can be ruthless sometimes!

Once again, HT charged $450 for their PVC 1/4 Batman fig so I am not sure what the difference is. :) As for cancer, I hate it. It has affectex several members of my family. Here is to hoping for more advanced care in the future :) Well wishes to both of you. As for PVC, I like it. As for high ES, I hate it. :lol

I guess I can't explain myself clear:))!! First Hot Toys never says they don't use PVC in their products! LOL Secondly if Sideshow can produce superior likeness and top-notch paint application like Hot Toys, gives so many accessories and really high-end fabric-clothes then NO PROBLEM! How can you compare Hot Toys likeness glory with Sideshow?

batman14scalehottoys001.jpg

Yes, its not fait from Sideshow they make now the update, after the preoerder.

Further, its very saf that they can not create with Polystome the samle lifelike texrure like Hot Toys and Enterbay with PVC. But its better they make PVC heads with such a brilliant likeness then horrible statues like the new T2 BD PF.

The question is, if Sideshow use the same material like Hot Toys, is the quality the same at the end of the day?

Back