Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nolan needs to make Caine the action hero of the picture. Give him double uzi's and a wife beater.

Nolan needs to make Caine the action hero of the picture. Give him double uzi's and a wife beater.

Jack Carter in space? I'd pay to see that.

JGL and Cillian Murphy would be my top choices for another actor to return. But seriously, more original people. :pray:

I have no problem with Nolan reusing actors for the simple reason, that apart from Caine, he never typecasts the people he works with.

The only reason to complain about familiar faces re-appearing in the works of the same director, is if they keep re-playing the same type of characters, hitting the same tones. That is not the case with Nolan films (apart from Caine who always plays the old mentor).

If we got news tommorow, that Hardy will make an appearence in Interstellar, then even knowing nothing about the movie, I can allready safely bet money, that his character would be totally unlike Bane or Eames. Same goes for Hathaway - we can safely assume that she won't be playing another Selina Kyle type of gal.

I for one am stoked, that Nolan builds such good working relations with his actors (especially considering how awesome those actors are), and have no problem with re-using them, as long as they won't be playing the same kind of characters.

I have no problem with Nolan reusing actors for the simple reason, that apart from Caine, he never typecasts the people he works with.

The only reason to complain about familiar faces re-appearing in the works of the same director, is if they keep re-playing the same type of characters, hitting the same tones. That is not the case with Nolan films (apart from Caine who always plays the old mentor).

If we got news tommorow, that Hardy will make an appearence in Interstellar, then even knowing nothing about the movie, I can allready safely bet money, that his character would be totally unlike Bane or Eames. Same goes for Hathaway - we can safely assume that she won't be playing another Selina Kyle type of gal.

I for one am stoked, that Nolan builds such good working relations with his actors (especially considering how awesome those actors are), and have no problem with re-using them, as long as they won't be playing the same kind of characters.

True. The reuse of Johnny Depp in Tim Burton movies has really turned me off to reusing actors in movies but you do bring up a good point. I will be excited and there on day one no matter who the cast is.

Nolan will be using IMAX.

IMAX Corporation and Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, tonight announced an agreement to release five of Paramount Pictures’ upcoming films in the immersive IMAX format under an extension of the companies’ long-running partnership. The arrangement features some of Paramount’s most highly anticipated tentpole films, including Michael Bay’s Transformers 4 (June 2014) as well as its co-production of Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar (November 2014) and three titles that have yet to be announced.

Continuing the legacy begun by IMAX trailblazer Christopher Nolan and his use of the 15 perf 65mm IMAX® cameras in The Dark Knight, Nolan and Michael Bay will once again capture material and key sequences of these 2014 releases using IMAX® cameras. These specific sequences, which will expand to fill more of the screen exclusively in IMAX, will deliver unprecedented crispness and clarity and a truly immersive experience for moviegoers.

“IMAX is among the greatest ways to experience a movie,” said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures. “That fact, together with our combined successes over the years, the growth of the IMAX brand around the world, and our continued partnership with Rich, Greg and everyone at IMAX make this agreement a natural extension of an already hugely successful relationship. Working with today’s top filmmakers, we look forward to bringing audiences the most exciting new movies with the very best presentation for years to come.”

“We’re excited to build on our longtime partnership with Paramount Pictures, which has been fantastic at incorporating IMAX differentiation and providing moviegoers with the best way to experience the biggest movies,” said Richard L. Gelfond, CEO of IMAX. “This agreement furthers our strategy of anchoring our slate with blockbuster films by today’s leading directors.”

“IMAX continues to have a deep appreciation for the consistently innovative Paramount Pictures team as well as these incredible filmmakers, who are among the most talented directors working in the industry,” said Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Entertainment. “We’re thrilled and honored to once again team up with our longtime partners Christopher Nolan and Michael Bay. We can’t wait to showcase their vision to IMAX fans around the world.”

That's awesome. I was hoping it would be filmed 100% in IMAX though, now that would be something insane. I know the logistics and cost of that are major barriers, but should be overcome sometime soon I would think.

They'd need to modify the cameras to where they weren't so loud from what I understand.

Yupp. With the pace of technology, i'm frankly surprised they haven't overcome that yet. They made advances between the filming of TDK and TDKR that allowed TDKR to feature a lot more IMAX footage. Hopefully this one features a larger proportion still.

Glad he's still gonna be behind the IMAX this time around, I wonder if Wally will be back, wasn't he ready to retire though?

The problem is Deakins now deals mostly in digital, which is definitely not Nolan's format of choice. But of course this doesn't mean he couldn't go back to traditional film. Skyfall looked amazing and I am sure an SF affair like Interstellar could benefit from Deakins ability to turn even the most mundane **** into pretty pictures.

https://www.nolanfans.com/2013/04/2...tema-as-the-cinematographer-for-interstellar/

According to the Dutch website Film Abides, Hoyte Van Hoytema will be Nolan’s cinematographer for Interstellar. Hoytema is a Dutch national who has worked on a handful of well known films, such as Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy and The Fighter. Hoytema received the Nordic Vision Award in 2008 for Let the Right One In, and is also a multiple Guldbagge Award winner. Christopher Nolan had to find a new cinematographer after longtime, Academy Award winning partner Wally Pfister left the world of cinematography for feature film directing.

We announced last week that Christopher Nolan plans to shoot key sequences of Interstellar on IMAX film, a large format capture medium that is widely regarded as the best capture format in the world. Hoyte Van Hoytema is new to the IMAX format, but his highly skilled in shooting on film, and has been still shooting on film while many cinematographers are switching to digital. I’m personally quite excited by this announcement, as I found Hoytema’s work on Tinker Tailer to be exceptional. He has an aesthetic sensibility that feels raw, yet curiously refined. These characteristics align with how I view Nolan’s sensibilities, yet Hoytema offers something new and fresh. Interstellar will burst into theaters on November 7, 2014. Thanks to dragon319_ca in the forums for the heads-up.

Read more: https://www.nolanfans.com/2013/04/2...nematographer-for-interstellar/#ixzz2RJk***EU

While I was hoping for Deakins, I think this is a great choice - Tinker Tailor looked sublime.

Back