Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given what Tyson had to say and the fact that an Astro-physicist was a Producer on the film, I'd say the science, for the most part, holds up pretty well. There might be some exagerration here and there. My only real head scratcher would be someone travelling into a black hole and living, from what I know that shouldnt be possible as all matter would be reduced to microscopic levels at the singularity. In the film they refer to the Black Hole as a "Gentle giant" or something like that, a term I have never heard of in regards to a black hole, so if that exists and changes the rules of physics is not something I am aware of.

I am sure people on here will still argue the facts like they are experts though. Much like Republicans like to argue climate science.

Actually there's not enough science to argue.
Obvious stuff is over-explained and serious things are brought abruptly and quickly to pretend that the movie is smarter than it is.

Christopher Nolan had worked on other science fiction scripts but decided to take the Interstellar script and choose amongst the vast array of ideas presented by Jonathan and Kip Thorne, picking what he felt he as a director could get "across to the audience and hopefully not lose them", before he started to rewrite it.

Yes. And they used the pencil through the folded piece of paper gag. Can't believe they did that again.
Face palm.

The best part is a giant black hole neighbouring a planet with no adverse effects. I must confess I have no Phd though.

I saw it today and really enjoyed it, I think this will go down as one of Nolan's underrated films similar to the Prestige.

Really? I usually see Memento on most people's favorite list.

Yes, Memento is the movie that made Nolan famous. Hardly underrated. If fact everything else he has done since (with the exception of Batman Begins) has been highly OVERrated. :lol

By the way Quicksilver in your sig is great. The DOFP interpretation and performance of the character is my cinematic highlight of the year. :rock

Wasn't a great fan of this. Nolans second weakest film after the awful TDKR. Been watching a few Space films this week and this is my least favourite ( Contact being my fave so far)

I honestly would rather watch TDKR than this. Nothing thought provoking or engaging about it. The story is all over the place for you to have any connection to the characters. Not once, did I care about the people of Earth surviving or not. Definitely one of the biggest hyped failures I've ever seen.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's my take on it anyways, let me know if I'm wrong as it would help me understand this film better lol

Christopher Nolan is a talent director. His brother is not a talented writer. He writes cheesy pretentious overblown garbage a lot of the time.
But no one in Hollywood has the balls to tell Nolan.

Thus we have movies like Interstellar, TDKR and Inception. Overlong incredibly expensive over written drivel that condescends to their audiences by being oh so intelligent and highbrow. Except they are not, they are just pretentious and actually pretty stupid.

Those that mean they are not entertaining? No. I had a lot of fun watching Interstellar, some of it intentional, some of it unintentional. :lol

Back