Christopher Nolan Inception

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember people comparing the Prestige to Begins much, but it seems natural to make comparisons from one movie made by a director to another made by the same director. How else will you know if a guy is getting better or worse at his craft?

I don't remember people comparing the Prestige to Begins much, but it seems natural to make comparisons from one movie made by a director to another made by the same director. How else will you know if a guy is getting better or worse at his craft?

This is a bit off topic but if anyone here is planning on seeing Criss Angel in Vegas don't watch The Prestige first. :D

This has absolutely 0% chance of suck. It has the best cast of any movie I've seen in recent memory. One of the best writer/directors working in the business. One of the best composers working today. And arguably one of the top 3 cinematographers in the industry on it. 100% chance of awesome in 2010.

Saw a trailer for this yesterday with Basterds. Looks great! Now go back and finish Batman! :lol

Joseph Gordon Levitt is in the movie.
The older that guy has got the more he looks like Ledger
Nolan like a few other directors seems use actors he's worked with before.
I wonder
6goezwk.gif

I noticed he was in it to. Surely he has to see that he looks like Heath now. Look-wise, it would probably be hard to tell the difference between the two in full Joker make-up. If he can act the part, then I say bring him on board. :D

Joseph Gordon Levitt is in the movie.
The older that guy has got the more he looks like Ledger
Nolan like a few other directors seems use actors he's worked with before.
I wonder
6goezwk.gif

25_heath-ledger-and-joseph-gordon-l.jpg

Joseph Gordon has gotten a lot of work lately...i wonder if it IS becuz of Heather Ledgers passing...that weird if it is....and to think that they were both in 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU!:monkey1

My favorite Nolan film other than TDK is The Prestige!! I fawking love that movie!!!!!!

I really hope people don't try to compare this movie to TDK.

Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard, Michael Caine and Cillian Murphy.

That is talent. And lead by Nolan, no less.

The only disappointment (sorta) is that Christopher's bro Jonathan isn't aboard for writing duties. Memento, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, co-written by Jonathan Nolan.

Don't forget Tom Hardy(he's going to be huge one day, see Bronson to know why), Tom Beringer, Ken Wantanabe, and Lukas Haas.

Isn't Tom Hardy "BOB" from RocknRolla...if so...yeah he's good..I might have to pick up Bronson to see!

But yeah...the cast of this movie is fawking incredible...I'm not a big fan of Ellen Page....but the rest I'm super excited for...I would wanna see how Leo acts in a Nolan film!

Is Michael Caine under contract to appear in every Nolan movie now? Not that I mind. I really like Caine. He wasn't in Memento was he? :lol

And Cillian Murphy too huh? Nolan really likes to keep using the same actors doesn't he? I'm kind of surprised Bale isn't in this. I guess he was busy and Nolan got Leo instead.

25_heath-ledger-and-joseph-gordon-l.jpg

WOW. If the story Nolan had worked out for Batman 3 had to have the joker in it, I'd be down with this bit of recasting.

On topic, yeah, this movie does have a 0 chance of suck. With this cast and the first solo screenplay he's written since The Following, I'm just as excited for this movie as I am a third Batman flick. I'm sooooo curious as to what it's actually about. And what i love about this trailer is that nothing is given away (like most trailers now). It says just enough to say "this is going to be badass and most importantly, mind blowing"

Also love the music used. A cross between "Why So Serious" and the T-1000's theme from T2.

Cast looks promising. Most people seem caught up in the more active names listed, but I like Tom Berenger, be curious how much a role he has in it. Seems like Nolan likes to bring in some of the old tough guys from the 80's and 90's, like Eric Roberts in Dark Knight. I didn't even think Berenger was really doing anything anymore.

I was doing some research for the films plot and this is all I got:
(i put it in a spoiler box just in case)

Spoiler Spoiler:

And ur right MaulFan...Tom Berenger is an odd choice...but I trust my Christopher to do the right thing!

I was doing some research for the films plot and this is all I got:
(i put it in a spoiler box just in case)

Spoiler Spoiler:

And ur right MaulFan...Tom Berenger is an odd choice...but I trust my Christopher to do the right thing!

For some reason that brings to mind the old movie Dreamscape
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/NGujSVpGoak&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/NGujSVpGoak&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

I don't think he's an odd choice, Berenger's a good actor, I'm just surprised when these names you really don't hear form in some time make their way back into spotlight films. Nolan seems to recongize talent and pick what's right for his films whethr it's mainstream or not, digging up these old guys because he knows they're right is a good thing, I thought Roberts worked very well as Maroni in Dark KNight.

Back