Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I understand every ones concerns but I'm not comfortable slagging someone off in a forum like this. I have full confidence in Chris & his ability.

Jeez, this is becoming a witch hunt which he doesn't deserve. He's one person who has been kind enough to offer his services. He's not a machine. I can understand why he won't respond, I wouldn't either. I'm not asking for money back. He'll come through

You know, I understand every ones concerns but I'm not comfortable slagging someone off in a forum like this. I have full confidence in Chris & his ability.

Jeez, this is becoming a witch hunt which he doesn't deserve. He's one person who has been kind enough to offer his services. He's not a machine. I can understand why he won't respond, I wouldn't either. I'm not asking for money back. He'll come through

Are you serious? :google

Yeah, people react poorly to criticism, hell we all got feelings, I'd be a little angry in his position. He's doing us a favor. I just wanna cut the dude a little slack.

Especially Chris Howes.....

Oh especially doesn't even cover chris..
that would be.. horrified.. dumbfounded.. take your pick..
i think a 10 year old could have found a better way of dealing with this situation..

uhh..

ok..

don't agree with that at all.

Yes, things got out of hand here. But while he was kind enough to offer his services, he screwed up big time, and took no action to correct it.
I don't see how anyone could have full confidence in him right now.

Yeah, people react poorly to criticism, hell we all got feelings, I'd be a little angry in his position. He's doing us a favor. I just wanna cut the dude a little slack.

So when you pay a plumber to come to your house to fix a water leak in your home hes doing you a favour? :confused:

Ive highlighted the key word there

He's doing us a favor.

Ordinarily I agree with this and preach it often when people get impatient with customisers. HOWEVER, this guy apears to be doing no-one favours, he appears to just be stealing our money.

Taking my money in November of 2008 and giving me no updates or replies is not what I would call a 'favour'.

Please don't use the above excuse especially how the guy looked at doin' heads as a business practice:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34198&highlight=chris+howes
chris howes said:
Now I'm getting involved in Custom work. Got REAL tired of the corporate world and I'd much rather work with people who have a passion for what they do.

I will let him keep the Dexter money and hopes that I get that head someday but all I wanted was a refund for the Lone gunmen heads which I know he hasn't started. Regardless if he was pushed out of here or not or attack he has some of the worst business practices ever. If a customer is requesting a refund (especially on work that wasn't started on a commission that has a lot more than the required people) he really should give it.

Of course I am just speculating he hasn't started but if it is true he isn't coming back..then I really want my damn money back.

I wouldn't just let him keep the money. If he doesn't send an update via one of his "connections" soon, i'd try to get your money back. That's a lot of money floating out there, and nobody deserves to be ripped off. If he ends up not making good on any of his projects he says he is working on, then jump on the bandwagon to get him taken to court for it. He has to know that there are consequences for doing bad business.

In the future though, i really hope people stop paying for so much custom work up front unless they have iron clad knowledge of the sculptors history, and that sculptor has a quick turn around. Nobody should have to wait a year for a head or a piece of armor. And nobody should ever just write that money off completely.
If I don't get my house head and cane, you can bet your butt i'm gonna take some action myself sooner or later here.

If the picture showed that he was indeed working on what he said he was, and showed progress…Yes I do honestly believe it would have.

Many guys here repeatedly said they would wait. Many sighted the others on this forum who have taken a year or more to get the job done and that they where okay with it. Not crazy happy about the wait, but at least those guys are communicating. So yes I believe it would have solved a world of problems, maybe not all (that eBay thing was a dumb move.) but most would have.

The re-caster thing…This is just the nature of this hobby, it’s going to happen, it’s happened to me more times than I can count over three different hobbies. Do you want to know what you do about it? First identify the re-caster so everyone knows who the jerk is, and then MOVE on.

On a side note… thanks for being the messenger on this Husker, it took some guts to be the one to post all of this.

I know a picture would have gone a long way, but i guess at that point, it seemed like it would only be a temporary calm. If his business tactics didn't improv, i think things would have just continued to get worse..

The recaster thing IS the nature of the hobby, so even I called him on that. I've asked him for the identity of the recaster so that we could protect ourselves from dealing with this person, etc. So far, no response. But yeah, calling him out would have been the first thing i'd have done.

Thanks for the vote to not shoot the messenger! lol. I told you guys i was gonna do my best to get some info from him. And while i got some, it wasn't that pretty, and wasn't that clear. So i'm sorry if you all thought i was on his side and telling you all to just deal with not getting your stuff. Not at all. I'm here to get mine too! I just know that especially if we go into this in the coming months needing to take legal action, we will want to be a bit more organized and calm about it. I'm sorry if some of you have a negative view of me now, but i knew that was a risk when stepping between the boards and chris to kinda pass things along. he warned me, funny enough. But we all deserve the updates. And if he isn't gonna show to give them, at least me, collector49, etc can keep posting what he tells us.
What is sad is that i get this feeling that even though he said he's not coming back.. he's reading every message on here about him.
He just seems like he'd be that insecure and paranoid about what is going on.
Are you out there chris?
GIVE US OUR STUFF! :balrog

:horse

Especially Chris Howes.....

Normally i'd agree with you but you'd have to admit, having this guy after you would send you into hiding too ...........

putin-vladimirs600x600.jpg

HOWEVER, this guy apears to be doing no-one favours, he appears to just be stealing our money.

Taking my money in November of 2008 and giving me no updates or replies is not what I would call a 'favour'.

Fraud indeed. If he does get caught it can sometimes workout bigger than what he gained.

I know a picture would have gone a long way, but i guess at that point, it seemed like it would only be a temporary calm. If his business tactics didn't improv, i think things would have just continued to get worse..

The recaster thing IS the nature of the hobby, so even I called him on that. I've asked him for the identity of the recaster so that we could protect ourselves from dealing with this person, etc. So far, no response. But yeah, calling him out would have been the first thing i'd have done.

Thanks for the vote to not shoot the messenger! lol. I told you guys i was gonna do my best to get some info from him. And while i got some, it wasn't that pretty, and wasn't that clear. So i'm sorry if you all thought i was on his side and telling you all to just deal with not getting your stuff. Not at all. I'm here to get mine too! I just know that especially if we go into this in the coming months needing to take legal action, we will want to be a bit more organized and calm about it. I'm sorry if some of you have a negative view of me now, but i knew that was a risk when stepping between the boards and chris to kinda pass things along. he warned me, funny enough. But we all deserve the updates. And if he isn't gonna show to give them, at least me, collector49, etc can keep posting what he tells us.
What is sad is that i get this feeling that even though he said he's not coming back.. he's reading every message on here about him.
He just seems like he'd be that insecure and paranoid about what is going on.
Are you out there chris?
GIVE US OUR STUFF! :balrog

:horse

I am sure he is reading everyone of these posts instead of working on stuff he was paid for.......I for one paid him going on 15 months ago and I was content to wait for my stuff. I did not pester him with emails maybe once a month I would send him one asking for a progress report and he would reply that he was ,working like crazy to get everything done.

Then he sent me an email saying that some of my stuff was shipped, I waited and waited and waited and after another month goes by I emailed him to ask what was up since I never received anything. He told me it must of gotten lost in the mail and he would make up another one and ship it right out, once again he told me something was shipped and I waited and waited and waited and guess what! Nothing arrived......I asked him about it again and got the same excuse, now I am having doubts that he ever sent anything....Got one more email from him saying stuff had been shipped and it never arrived so I asked him for a refund......Well guess what, yup all communication stopped....

At least under his own account he hasn't logged on since June 12th; the day he responded to the "attention" thread. So either he's checking w/o signing in or avoiding the site completely.

Either way its not cool.

There's nothing new on OneSixthWarriors either. Last post June 30 and July 1st from the two threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back