Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I FINALLY got my Joker head in the mail and im really dissapointed. The paint is sloppy and it doesnt fit on my HT figures body. Chris also said there would be extras or something for it being so late and there was nothing. Now he wont return my emails also. Im pretty upset.........

All that waiting.....for what you describe. Awful.

Any pics?

Well I FINALLY got my Joker head in the mail and im really dissapointed. The paint is sloppy and it doesnt fit on my HT figures body. Chris also said there would be extras or something for it being so late and there was nothing. Now he wont return my emails also. Im pretty upset.........

Man that sucks! Unfortunately it does not surprise me. In fact nothing this guy does anymore surprises me.......

Good luck on trying to get your money back.......:banghead

im just so glad i not paid for any of these sculpts from him. i had my name on the my name is earl list, the ghostbusters list and afew others, but now im so glad i didnt have the money to pay for them cos id have been screwed up the back passage aswel.

i found a my name is earl sculpt which josh is painting up for me, and im awaiting spensers gbusters sculpts so with all this crap i dnt want any of chris' sculpts now. im so pissed for u guys as i knw how it feels to get screwed over and loose money.

there must be something legally that can be done??

im just so glad i not paid for any of these sculpts from him. i had my name on the my name is earl list, the ghostbusters list and afew others, but now im so glad i didnt have the money to pay for them cos id have been screwed up the back passage aswel.

i found a my name is earl sculpt which josh is painting up for me, and im awaiting spensers gbusters sculpts so with all this crap i dnt want any of chris' sculpts now. im so pissed for u guys as i knw how it feels to get screwed over and loose money.

there must be something legally that can be done??

There is something legally that can be done and the more people that file the complaints the better chance there is that it will be taken seriously.

Well since Mr Howes refuses to answer any of my emails requesting a refund I figured I would try a different approach and send him a certified letter with signature confirmation.

Guess what I got in the mail today! The certified letter I sent to him stamped "Return to Sender Signature Refused."

I asked the mailmen exactly what that meant and he told me that the recipient (Chris Howes) refused to sign for it so it was returned to me.

The address was correct he just would not sign for it. Guess that about sums up his intentions.......

Unbelievable!!!!!!
As was stated, that doesn't necessarily mean it ever got to him. I'll be the last guy to defend him but the mail carrier just yesterday delivered my mail to my mailbox and drove around to the next house. I live in a cul-de-sac. My wife went out to the box to get the mail when the carrier was two houses away. She brought the mail in and what was among it? A slip stating they were sorry they missed us and that this was their final delivery attempt. Sometimes the carrier is just F'n lazy.
Yes and no. His past record shows Chris eventually comes through. But the way he has been acting lately is unforgivable. That returned letter has got me worried now. If you have to be up to something to refuse a letter right?

I still have faith Chris will come through, but we really shouldn't be left in the dark like this. I mean a simple post here would do wonders. "Sorry guys, I've been backed up lately. Heads are in the mail." Would that not calm people down for a few days at least?
I can't see how anyone can have faith that this guy even intends to "come thru" The last time he crawled out from under his rock he blamed his poor business skills on the customers. Then calmed folks for a couple weeks with the old "its coming in 2 weeks" lines. It was all BS. He doesn't need to calm people down for a few days. He needs to be professional, if thats what he's supposed to be, and deliver on his promises. Emailing certain members when a post to ALL CONCERNED is in order does not cut it. He should not post until he has the tracking numbers for each shipment and/or refund and who it went out to.
Not that it will make a big deal at this point but you should post pix and supply negative feedback on every board that he was on.

anyone here a close friend Chris Howe's? Why is this guy being such a *********? I mean it just seems like he's not even trying to make up for his mistakes. It's been nearly 4 weeks since he said that he shipped out the first batch of House Heads and only one guy received it.... now unless his first batch consist of only one head I think we need to sharpen up those pitchforks.

anyone here a close friend Chris Howe's? Why is this guy being such a *********? I mean it just seems like he's not even trying to make up for his mistakes. It's been nearly 4 weeks since he said that he shipped out the first batch of House Heads and only one guy received it.... now unless his first batch consist of only one head I think we need to sharpen up those pitchforks.

I don't think anyone would admit to that at this stage. :monkey3

well its not necessarily a bad thing maybe that one person can man up and talk/slap some sense to him.

I am definitely not a friend close or other wise but I do have some vacation saved up and have never been to Ohio, maybe it's time to take a trip.......

Im just starting to regret paying up front. :( I dont know what to do but wait....and wait... :huh

It's like I said... he has really damaged trust in the customizing community, he's hurt a lot more people than just himself, though he has made his name mud on the internet for sure. I'm still very open to creating a "warning website" so people online don't keep sending him money only to be disappointed. If anyone has the data compiled and would like to assist, let me know. If he's not willing to refund my $45, I will at the very least cost him some future sales.

I have gone through a lot of thinking today, and I have decided to quit bothering with these Chris Howes threads because they do nothing but waste my time. The money's already gone, my time and sanity don't have to be. I know some of you will no doubt call me a nut, but some pretty important principles came to mind as I was outside today. I ended up sending Chris this letter:

--------------------------------------------

I was thinking about all this today as I was out enjoying the sunshine, and a pretty important thought came to me...

The Lord's prayer says "forgive others of their debts as you wish to be forgiven."

If I ever screw up as bad as you have, I hope to be forgiven. I hope God's grace will cover me, remind me of who I am, and free me.

You are forgiven. You owe me nothing. Seriously, I'm freeing you of the obligation. If that $45 is so important that you need to ignore me and continue spin to the few you answer, keep it. I never want to live entangled in such a mess.
The people you are ignoring and look down upon are very good people that your actions have hurt. They would not be reacting the way they are if you approached them as equals, and respected them enough to give them what they paid for, and to engage them honestly. I wouldn't want that blotch on my soul.

I'm dropping this matter. I refuse to let it bother me any more, or for what you have done to have a hold on me in any way. I don't have the kind of money and connections you do, but I don't care. I choose to move on and be happy with what I have and who I am. It's not going to waste another moment of my life. I'll accept the $45 loss as a lesson learned, and get on with enjoying my life, and not getting torn up about it. I hope God blesses you, and helps you to learn some humility and grants you the peace, bravery, and grace to handle what you're going through, and brings you out of this experience a wiser person. I have certainly had many experiences that have done that to me.

That's all, you'll never hear from me again. Your debt is forgiven. I hope this will inspire you be as kind to others as I have been to you.
Take care,
(The Drizzle on SSF and OSW Forums)
---------------------------------

None of you guys need worry about going to bat for me any more. I'm over it. I'm not looking for anything from Chris or expecting anything, I just don't want to waste my time on negative endeavors any more. Chris chose to do what he wanted to do, and I'm going to choose what I want to do, and not let the situation bother me any more.
That's all, see you guys in other threads. :D

OSW has a thread in the Cell Block 6 section, the section for bad trades/sells. If you havent already please post to it. If some of you arent members or dont have the post count to do so I can help you out. Alot of info has been compiled there and Im sure it will eventually come to great use once his protection runs out here:peace

I have gone through a lot of thinking today, and I have decided to quit bothering with these Chris Howes threads because they do nothing but waste my time. The money's already gone, my time and sanity don't have to be. I know some of you will no doubt call me a nut, but some pretty important principles came to mind as I was outside today. I ended up sending Chris this letter:

I was thinking about all this today as I was out enjoying the sunshine, and a pretty important thought came to me...

The Lord's prayer says "forgive others of their debts as you wish to be forgiven."

If I ever screw up as bad as you have, I hope to be forgiven. I hope God's grace will cover me, remind me of who I am, and free me.

You are forgiven. You owe me nothing. Seriously, I'm freeing you of the obligation. If that $45 is so important that you need to ignore me and continue spin to the few you answer, keep it. I never want to live entangled in such a mess.
The people you are ignoring and look down upon are very good people that your actions have hurt. They would not be reacting the way they are if you approached them as equals, and respected them enough to give them what they paid for, and to engage them honestly. I wouldn't want that blotch on my soul.

I'm dropping this matter. I refuse to let it bother me any more, or for what you have done to have a hold on me in any way. I don't have the kind of money and connections you do, but I don't care. I choose to move on and be happy with what I have and who I am. It's not going to waste another moment of my life. I'll accept the $45 loss as a lesson learned, and get on with enjoying my life, and not getting torn up about it. I hope God blesses you, and helps you to learn some humility and grants you the peace, bravery, and grace to handle what you're going through, and brings you out of this experience a wiser person. I have certainly had many experiences that have done that to me.

That's all, you'll never hear from me again. Your debt is forgiven. I hope this will inspire you be as kind to others as I have been to you.
Take care,

None of you guys need worry about going to bat for me any more. I'm over it. I'm not looking for anything from Chris or expecting anything, I just don't want to waste my time on negative endeavors any more. Chris chose to do what he wanted to do, and I'm going to choose what I want to do, and not let the situation bother me any more.

Drizzle, man I feel for you and wish you nothing but the best. Seeing your post I realize this guy is a bigger ********* then I thought he was.........

Hang in there bro.....

I have pretty much given up on getting House from Chris. If it comes I will be very happy, but if not oh well. I have Serangs already shipped and on the way to me.

Money lost, time to move on :wave

I have pretty much given up on getting House from Chris. If it comes I will be very happy, but if not oh well. I have Serangs already shipped and on the way to me.

Exactly. Count your losses and move on ............... still a part of me wants to see something done about it.

I hope that everyone does not take this approach. The more people that say oh well lesson learned time to move on the less chances are that anything will ever be done to this clown.

It only takes a few minutes to file reports on line and if everyone files them then law enforcement will see that this is a bigger problem than just 1 or 2 people.

This is what these scum bags count on, people not taking the time to file anything and saying oh well.....I will send anyone the links to where they can file reports just PM me......

Take care,

That's some kind of melodrama for just 45 bucks! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back