Child's Play The Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved Child's Play 1 and 2. part3, Bride of Chucky, Seed of Chuky, not so much. But i will watch this just for the heck of it.

Whats with all the horror hate? first in the NMOES thread and now here? Since when did horror fans become some picky? they're horror movies, they aren't supposed to be World Renowned oscar winning movies. Now if you excuse me I'm going to watch Ghoulies 4.

Whats with all the horror hate? first in the NMOES thread and now here? Since when did horror fans become some picky? they're horror movies, they aren't supposed to be World Renowned oscar winning movies. Now if you excuse me I'm going to watch Ghoulies 4.

:lecture:lecture:lecture ...funny I just watched the first 3 during the week and planning to watch #4 tonight as well:lol

I think the first one was really good. Especially with the idea that the original idea that you were supposed to think that Andy was the actual killer in the movie until the very end.

Then came the sequel, which is a good movie in it's own right. Granted, this is where Chucky started getting 'Freddy Krueger Syndrome." In my opinion this was these two were the last really good ones.

The third one was pretty good. It just didn't feel so much like a Childs Play movie because of the disjointed age jump. I do, however, love how it showed that you can have a slasher-esque movie with a teen male lead that isn't soaked with homosexual innuendos (Yes, I am looking at you NOES 2).

After that it was just insane. I liked the continuity for Bride Of Chucky, and all the little gags, but it was just too funny. I like my killer dolls scary.

Then there's seed of chucky. Yeah...

That's a great point, you can re-launch the Batman or Superman stories every ten or twenty years but is the Chucky story dynamic enough to do that, I don't think so.

Chucky never got his revenge on Andy, so that's where the next film should go.

Well, and its different when a series starts off as a film or other media. For fans there is only one Chucky... but countless variations of Batman and other characters. So for comics it makes sense to have remakes/reboots, but not film series.

Also, original Child's Play is a good/fun flick. No need to remake it... much like 99% of the crap Hollywood has decided to regurgitate.

Without Brad it wont be chucky, same as without Robert it wont be Freddy, sorry Billy Bob, but your NOT Freddy Krueger, your just a knock-off

No ^^^^. Hence why its a REMAKE. Has nothing to do with the other movies. You can have both Classic England, and Thortan Freddy.

I'm not happy about this at all. First I hear about Candyman remake and now this! It's strange I'm actually looking forward to the Friday the 13th remake and Jason is my all time favourite. Even looking forward to My Bloody Valentine 3D. This just doesn't sit right with me.

Fist off, so what if the movie is no master piece. If you walked away having had a good time then the movie has done it's job IMO. Who care's if the story it unbelievable? Most movies you have to suspend some believe. I don't see how a doll possessed by a serial killer is that outlandish. Stories about Possession of inanimate objects have been around for hundreds of years.

At the end of the day they will make it no matter what I think so I guess I can just grin and bear it. Who knows maybe it will be ok like TCM (which I was also strongly against).

But it is disappointing to those of us (well, me at least) that the original story will not be continued.

That, you will just have to live with. Besides, the original has been milked enough. Something freesh may not necessarily be a bad thing. I'm a fan but would rather see a remake than a continuation at this point.

that movie was good but not that good to be remade.
so I think anew story line would be the best thing for this to be anything close to being good.

I would say that the original story has been shot to hell. I think the reboot could finally make the movies good again.

they original story turned out to be a joke after CP3

Yeah cause the Chucky that I came to love would never have let Andy off the hook & marry some bimbo murderer. I think when he got sliced to death in the third one his spirit got mild brain damage. So I think the new one should be back on track to finally killing Andy off and Chucky at long last getting his body cause he got it way too easy.

Back