Child's Play The Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonic The MadHOG

Super Freak
Reaction score
Land Of The True Scotsman (Yes Peeps I Don't Own A
It seems like film studios are just making remakes of all the classic horror movies now. I loved the original Child's Play but I'm the first to admit it was hardly a flawless piece of film making. So I'm 50/50 whether a remake of the original story line will bring anything more than the last two sequels.

I mean Chucky gets a bad rep and I know people that are completely terrified of him, but I thought he was hilarious in all the movies and the last two were more like black comedies than horror.

So I will watch it for the fun of it.

Last edited:
is Brad Dourif still going to be the voice of Chucky?

I love the comedy aspect to Chucky, and I daresay that's what made him one of the most notorious modern movie monsters. My wife is super pumped about a remake/re-imagining/whatever, but I'm no fan of remakes. 95% of them are crap. The few gems that came out of remaking a classic are not worth the mountains of poop we are subjected to year after year.

I love the comedy aspect to Chucky, and I daresay that's what made him one of the most notorious modern movie monsters. My wife is super pumped about a remake/re-imagining/whatever, but I'm no fan of remakes. 95% of them are crap. The few gems that came out of remaking a classic are not worth the mountains of poop we are subjected to year after year.

I've always felt sorry for Chucky, he always gets so close to getting out of the 'Good Guy' and someone has to spoil it.

Without Brad it wont be chucky, same as without Robert it wont be Freddy, sorry Billy Bob, but your NOT Freddy Krueger, your just a knock-off

Billy Bob ain't no Freddy Krueger, he is a Bad Santa.

If Brad ain't on board they should scrap the idea, I'm sure a lot of Chucky fans would say scrap it anyway, I'm undecided.

I'd love to see Chucky at the same technical level he has appeared within the last two films, great animatronic work for the puppet, but...i just dont know if its really worth a remake.

They killed Chucky off...quite literally in the last movie, if anything i'd like to see him get his revenge, not a remake to "re-launch" the series.

Leave the re-launching to the BOND movies, or Star Trek, those series that really do need the boost.

I'd love to see Chucky at the same technical level he has appeared within the last two films, great animatronic work for the puppet, but...i just dont know if its really worth a remake.

They killed Chucky off...quite literally in the last movie, if anything i'd like to see him get his revenge, not a remake to "re-launch" the series.

Leave the re-launching to the BOND movies, or Star Trek, those series that really do need the boost.

That's a great point, you can re-launch the Batman or Superman stories every ten or twenty years but is the Chucky story dynamic enough to do that, I don't think so.

Chucky never got his revenge on Andy, so that's where the next film should go.

all these remakes ,it's doesn't mean there better just gorier and more blood splatter.originals had some kind of story line. these won't. just there to grosse out the young generation.

The whole concept was and is stupid so why remake it.

Dude , "CHILD'S PLAY" ROCKED. I don't see how you can say that. Chucky is one of the all time iconic horror characters out there. Granted , the last few movies were pretty low budget , but entertaining as hell. As for your comment , you are entitled to your opinion even if it stinks.:D

Dude , "CHILD'S PLAY" ROCKED. I don't see how you can say that. Chucky is one of the all time iconic horror characters out there. Granted , the last few movies were pretty low budget , but entertaining as hell. As for your comment , you are entitled to your opinion even if it stinks.:D

Chucky is the only cool serial killer .
fighting0041.gif

Last edited:

Just a stupid mediocre (at best) horror movie.

I personally love Chucky and all the Child's Play movies, scared the heck out of me from about ages 5-12. I'm looking forward to the remake, is Brad Dourif still doing the voice?

I also can't wait for the new upgraded dvd coming out in Sept, finally an anamorphic copy with extras!!

Back