Child's play 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img_1336.jpg

Is that Aubrey Plaza?

Never understood the fascination with these films, always thought they were terrible ....

But they made money! And have fans! So hopefully this one will be good.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

So the remake's evil murderous doll is still a male caucasian doll and not a different gender or ethnicity?
Where's the moral outrage from the left about the lack of diversity with this?

:monkey3

Wasn't Buddi the original name of the doll??

yep!

From Wikipedia:
Child's Play creator and co-writer Don Mancini explained that Chucky draws heavily from the My Buddy dolls: "In my original script, he was originally called Buddy, and we couldn't use it because of the 'My Buddy' doll. The director went out and got a 'My Buddy' doll, a Raggedy Ann, a Raggedy Andy and one of those life-size baby infants. What I told [designer] Kevin Yagher was, I wanted something similar to a My Buddy doll. I described "Buddy" in my original script, now "Chucky", as wearing red-buttoned overalls, red sneakers, striped sweater, with red hair, blue eyes, and freckles. Kevin went off and sketched many designs of Chucky, until the final was picked. Yagher then built the first doll from those sketches and my details"

So the remake's evil murderous doll is still a male caucasian doll and not a different gender or ethnicity?
Where's the moral outrage from the left about the lack of diversity with this?

:monkey3

Man your beating this anvil on alot of threads......

Try not to worry about it so much, youll live longer and happier..

;)

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back