Chewbacca Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Chewy PF?

Ok confirmed. But it is confirmed that it is sculpted too? If yes... MEH!!! This should have real hair imo.

I'd prefer real/rooted yak hair at 1:4 scale. But if it is sculpted which is more likely, perhaps they can do some kind of texturized flocked paint finish or something to make it look cooler. I'd guess his bandolier will be leather. EX could be an alternate headsculpt with the open mouth howl (preferred), crossbow, or a dismantled C3P0.

I'd prefer real/rooted yak hair at 1:4 scale. But if it is sculpted which is more likely, perhaps they can do some kind of texturized flocked paint finish or something to make it look cooler. I'd guess his bandolier will be leather. EX could be an alternate headsculpt with the open mouth howl (preferred), crossbow, or a dismantled C3P0.

Whoever they get to paint their figures won't be able to handle that.

This will be hard to pass up. Can't wait to see the full reveal. However, this could be a shipping nightmare. Broken pieces of fur here we come. Sideshow better find a good way to pack this one.

It will indeed Gibby -starting with Boba Fett shipping soon.

Can't wait to see how Chewy turns out! If it's sculpted, you think they could have done this years ago.

It does make you wonder. Seems like he's been on the list for quite sometime.

I hope they have a cool EX for him...maybe a busted up 3PO in a bag?!!?

The URL of the link Chewbacca's Photo on Facebook: "PreConAlert_061412_ChewbeccaPF" so It Is a Premium Format :) (PF)

A PF of the ANH version, it looks that way anyway. I hope a new Han is coming with it, if not I'll wait until the ROTJ version, I liked that look of Chewie better anyway.

Nevermind, if you read the dialog from inside the tease it's from Empire.

It's up on the Experience site ...

But what's with the text? (The text that accompanies the picture, not the text that's inside the picture.)

"Friday, June 15, 2012 - Not to be confused with bronzed celebrities from the Jersey Shore, Wookiees are a highly intelligent species hailing from the planet Kashyyyk. Long-time Sideshow fans have been eagerly awaiting the announcement of a Chewbacca collectible, and we’re happy to announce that our artists have nearly completed the recreation of this iconic behemoth. Stay tuned for updates in the coming weeks!"

Why the reference to the Jersey Shore? And the reference to "bronze"? Does that mean this is a bronze or faux bronze piece?

Am I reading too much into that? Or am I just missing an obvious joke like a knucklehead?

It's up on the Experience site ...

But what's with the text? (The text that accompanies the picture, not the text that's inside the picture.)

"Friday, June 15, 2012 - Not to be confused with bronzed celebrities from the Jersey Shore, Wookiees are a highly intelligent species hailing from the planet Kashyyyk. Long-time Sideshow fans have been eagerly awaiting the announcement of a Chewbacca collectible, and we’re happy to announce that our artists have nearly completed the recreation of this iconic behemoth. Stay tuned for updates in the coming weeks!"

Why the reference to the Jersey Shore? And the reference to "bronze"? Does that mean this is a bronze or faux bronze piece?

Am I reading too much into that? Or am I just missing an obvious joke like a knucklehead?

Yes, you are missing the joke.

Sculpted Chewbacca = Potential FAIL

Here's hoping this will blow us away and the Chinese factory can actually paint hair nicely.

Back