Charlie Sheen WTH man?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ego, plain and simple.

But not just his, yours, mine, all of ours too, you keep posting here because you want others to see and know your opinion. Because you care what others think of your opinion. Even if its just a little. I dare say this topic has become somwhat important to you. :lol

Otherwise there is never a need to post here ever. Simply view a picture or info and think to yourself "thats nice" and call it a day.

:duff

Hey at least sometimes when stupid things are important they can be funny too.

I had a field day watching people dress up like Avatar. :lol

:duff

Hey at least sometimes when stupid things are important they can be funny too.

I had a field day watching people dress up like Avatar. :lol

No, I meant you win as in, yes, I appreciate an audience. I still don't think he's important, and I don't because that aspect of people's selves that is completely embroiled with the man's drama is not important. It may be important to them, but it has zero metaphysical import, and subjective experience without an objective referent is the essence of illusion. Weather, political upheaval, epidemics, crop cycles, industrial production, resource scarcity--yes; celebrity fascination serving to fill holes in the lives of people who are insufficiently motivated to live their own, hence are fundamentally detached from any true contact with reality--no.

No, I meant you win as in, yes, I appreciate an audience. I still don't think he's important, and I don't because that aspect of people's selves that is completely embroiled with the man's drama is not important. It may be important to them, but it has zero metaphysical import, and subjective experience without an objective referent is the essence of illusion. Weather, political upheaval, epidemics, crop cycles, industrial production, resource scarcity--yes; celebrity fascination serving to fill holes in the lives of people who are insufficiently motivated to live their own, hence are fundamentally detached from any true contact with reality--no.

Then why do you have Yoda in your avatar instead of picture of yourself? Some people prefer Charlie Sheen over Star Wars for their entertainment. Importance is what you make it. How you spend your free time IS important. If just work and reproduction was all that mattered, and all you worried about constantly was impending earthquakes and riots, your going to be lonely, miserable, and bitter.

So by default these people who influence millions of others emotions, are far far more important then your giving credit for. Stupid people have killed because of the movie Natural Born Killers. They "wanted to be just like Mickey and Mallory" thats straight from them. Influence and pull in hollywood is the same as it is politically, for alot of people in today's world, and for some (especially younger) it's way way more.

I should qualify that.

He is important to the extent that he provides people with values. There is zero value in his present behavior/condition.

I hope that makes what I'm saying clearer. I'm not saying that his work is unimportant. Just his trainwreck.

I should qualify that.

He is important to the extent that he provides people with values. There is zero value in his present behavior/condition.

I hope that makes what I'm saying clearer. I'm not saying that his work is unimportant. Just his trainwreck.

But you contradict yourself. If he is providing important values to people and his values are poor, then that is an issue for people who's kids are watching and replicating him right? Thats why this is a big deal to begin with, and what it ultimately as with most issues of this sort come down to, is parenting.

i still say at least some of it is staged.

" There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary."
Brendan Behan
Irish author & dramatist (1923 - 1964)

But you contradict yourself. If he is providing important values to people and his values are poor, then that is an issue for people who's kids are watching and replicating him right? Thats why this is a big deal to begin with, and what it ultimately as with most issues of this sort come down to, is parenting.

The values he has created are separate and distinct from the destruction of his personal values (his physical and mental health, family, career, etc.). The values he traded with the world for his wealth are important to the world. The destruction of his personal values are important to him and those closest to him, the ones with whom he shares his values. The people in the world who seek to find worth in that action (his self-destruction) are the ones pursuing the illusion of value; no value exists there, and what they are exploiting is an absence. People who are allowing that absence, or lack of value, to define their own lives are the ones destroying themselves; not him. In that regard, what is important is their own default in pursuing the values required to have a life.

It's a contradiction to say that his appreciation for destroying what makes him worth anything is what created the good he has provided to us. Same with Downey, or any other star whose career has been defined by an oscillation between producing good art and killing themself.

Someone should tell Charlie that J. Phoenix already went off the deep end on camera as a stunt. Doesn't help the career any.

As for importance. I'm sure he's important to his kids. Those are the ones I feel sorry for. And his family in general.

I haven't watched any of the interviews but I have read exerpts from them. If he's for real, he needs to kick that Charlie habit now!

Easy for you to say, have you tryed Charlie Sheen? I'm talking uncut pure Charlie Sheen, its addictive, like extasy having sex with cocaine in your brain.

Also this whole time I've been thinking Charlie Sheen should defiantely make a movie with Robert Downey Jr, where they both break out of rehab and run amuck.

Well, this thread has gone places I wouldn't have expected :lol

My wife had this on last night and I caught bits and pieces of it. I don't care except insofar as I know him from various movies I've enjoyed over the year, but he does look like he's in a very rough place right now. The only thing that really concerned me was the psychological well-being of his children who are surrounded by all this. But then, there are lots of kids in worse situations than having a multi-millionaire for a dad that forgets about them in a hotel room while doing unspeakable things across the hall.

he's giving the hippie child upbringing a bad name.:gah:

Denise Richards leaving out a Playboy featuring her spread for her nephew and his friend's to discover and then hitting on her own nephew sexually to get ratings for an episode of her show which was tanking probably didn't help.

Denise Richards leaving out a Playboy featuring her spread for her nephew and his friend's to discover and then hitting on her own nephew sexually to get ratings for an episode of her show which was tanking probably didn't help.

i guess she likes country music that much.:dunno

My theory is that Charlie Sheen acquired syphilis and that's why he's having these outbursts.

Back