character popularity vs. sculpt quality

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt first, then character. Ofcourse, I'll wait until a great sculpt comes out of a great character before pulling the trigger.

I think for me it's going to have to be both great sculpt and I have to like the character. If the sculpt is awesome and I don't know much about the character I actually start to research the character a little more or start reading up on some of the comics that they were in so I'm more familiar with the storyline of who they are, for me only then can I really appreciate the piece on a different level.

For the well known characters that I all ready know about the sculpt has to be even better I would think sense I've all ready got a good handle on the way they should be sculpted, posed and the certain materials that make up their look in the piece. If the sculpt is awesome and it's one of my favorite characters then it's a win win for me and a must to have in my collection.

Character then the sculpt. What's the point of having a great sculpt of a character you care nothing about...other than just to say you have it??? Like Doom and Hulk-- both are easily the two best PFs ever made, I don't care for either character so I have no need for them on my shelf.

Character then the sculpt. What's the point of having a great sculpt of a character you care nothing about...other than just to say you have it??? Like Doom and Hulk-- both are easily the two best PFs ever made, I don't care for either character so I have no need for them on my shelf.

:horror:horror:horroryou dont care about hulk????

Character then Sculpt.

Have to like Character... then have to like the sculpt of that character.

I have passed on plenty of characters I like because the sculpt isn't working for me.... like Venom. :monkey3

guys,i just noticed that hulk is the most limited popular character with only 1179 statues....wow:horror:horror:horror:horror

Sculpt first then the character... you have to have some kinda of standards or else companies get lazy. Spidey mehhhh.... Abom was a nice statue. I think also when you jump into 1/4 scale its consider art therefore you have limited room you need to pick and choose what to buy. Or else you start to display your stuff on the floor and your rooms start to looks like the 40 year old virgin.

LOL so true.:rotfl

Sculpt first, then character. I am not a Huge fan of Cap America, but the PF sculpt is so awesome I had to have him in my collection. On the other hand, Emma Frost, for example, is one of the female characters I like the most, but the PF is just...(put your thoughts here) so I totally passed

Sculpt first, then character. I am not a Huge fan of Cap America, but the PF sculpt is so awesome I had to have him in my collection. On the other hand, Emma Frost, for example, is one of the female characters I like the most, but the PF is just...(put your thoughts here) so I totally passed

a. whorendous
b. looks like the long lost twin of Tiffany
c. facehugger hands.....*shudders*
d. complete and utter fail
e. all of the above

I don't care for character popularity, but the sculpt and my interest in the piece go hand in hand. The quality of the piece is the deciding factor when there are many versions of a character available.

I choose option e) :lecture

U chose WRONG!!!!!!!!

emma10.jpg

I have to like the character before I would even consider laying down $300 plus dollars to buy it. If the sculpt is horrible then all bets are off and I won't touch it even if I like the character. Of course I still might buy it if that is the "only" sculpt in the world of that character. There is a perfect example of this, I like the character Thor but I would never buy that (IMO) hideous VS. diorama where he fight a toothless Loki.

My main criteria for buying a statue/figure is that it looks cool.

I'm not a huge Abomination fan, but I love the sculpt on the PF, so I ordered one.

As far as Spider-Man goes... I`m a big fan of the comics, cartoons and movies... but still don`t own any SS SM collectibles. The 1:1 bust was ok, but far from ideal... and everything else they`ve offered is sub-par IMO.

Back