character popularity vs. sculpt quality

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually,i love rogue!!the way she is sculpted...but i like pablo's mystique better...pablo is the best i think...

I love Pablo's work, too!:rock..So much good stuff! I just can't forgive him for that Selene bust he did!...THAT WAS ATROCIOUS!:banghead:banghead

I love Pablo's work, too!:rock..So much good stuff! I just can't forgive him for that Selene bust he did!...THAT WAS ATROCIOUS!:banghead:banghead

i am sure he will make selene...just wait...have you tried the ask sideshow??

I dont think I've seen that bust before but she seems to be hard to capture.

https://www.sculptedheroes.com/content.php?section=sculpture

That's true. She reminded of a native indian in her first appearance. Her infatuation with Moonstar in the beginning didn't help either. I don't know what ethnicity she belongs to now with the current X-force run. I couldn't care less, really. She's evil and beautiful, that's all that counts. Still, that bust did not do her any justice. That thing looks like a post-op tranny!:banghead

I only buy what I like, I don't care about popularity or rarity. If I like it even temporarily I buy it. What you'll find is a ton of sour grapes on the boards where people talk themselves out of hunting or buying things for multiple reasons so they bash the hell of it looking for supporters to help talking them into not buying.

I agree, take Darth Talon for example. I don't know a thing about Star Wars and I don't care for it that much but she looked really well sculpted and painted so I ordered her.

i am sure he will make selene...just wait...have you tried the ask sideshow??

Nope, never tried. I did a guerilla campaign for her to be made, though. But I was reprimanded by the powers that be stemming from the complaints made by other members(Quad, possibly!:gun)...I had a very sad that day!:monkey2:monkey2

funny_pictures_sad_cat_blackandwhite.jpg

Nope, never tried. I did a guerilla campaign for her to be made, though. But I was reprimanded by the powers that be stemming from the complaints made by other members(Quad, possibly!:gun)...I had a very sad that day!:monkey2:monkey2

look,i dont know much for her,but i like her...i can help you to your campaign..let's make a poll..i think everyone must have what he desires..then we should make for quad's moonknight also:D:D

Sculpting is important no matter what.
Even if you see something badly sculpted that you don't desire yourself, it's still going to give you a bad impression of the company producing it.
And surely if a popular character is badly sculpted, that's going to cause much more disappointment

Even if you see something badly sculpted that you don't desire yourself, it's still going to give you a bad impression of the company producing it.
And surely if a popular character is badly sculpted, that's going to cause much more disappointment

i agree,but i dont think that we have seen bad sculpts from ss..especially in marvel...may be the character is not awesome,but no bad sculpts..even the new dio,it has great sculpt and everything...i am a bit dissapointment with the hollow thing though,but it's only me...anyway,there are some things that can be improved,that's sure..

look,i dont know much for her,but i like her...i can help you to your campaign..let's make a poll..i think everyone must have what he desires..then we should make for quad's moonknight also:D:D

MOONKNIGHT WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY!:p

I don't care for bad pose but if a statue is falling apart right in front of your eyes then that's just fawked up specially for the price they go for. Sculpt quality FTW.

My question is this, and there are only two options: would you rather have an awesome sculpt of a mid-level character, to which many may be fairly indifferent, like the Abomination, or would you prefer what you may feel is a so-so sculpt of your favorite, top-tier character such as I.M, Wolverine, Spidey, etc?

What do you think?
To me, this isn't a choice I can make, so the answer would be "c) none of the above"

I won't buy a statue or figure of a character I don't really like. Nor will I buy a mediocre interpretation of a character that I love. It's got to be a great representation of a great character, or I don't have any interest. Cap PF is the only Premium Format statue that I own, but I plan on getting Wolverine. Both fulfill both of my requirements. Spidey is a great character with a PF I don't care for. Abom is great looking, but is a character that I don't know or care much about.

In other words, both of your options are necessary preconditions for me to buy, but either without the other is insufficient.

I swear to the gods, if they make Moon Knight before Selene, I will buy one, break it beyond recognition then send it to Quad!

I agree, take Darth Talon for example. I don't know a thing about Star Wars and I don't care for it that much but she looked really well sculpted and painted so I ordered her.

so true, i almost ordered her also, what a great piece imo.

MOONKNIGHT WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY!:p

that's why it's in the "character that will never get made" thread.

don't know me that well eh, i couldn't careless what anyone says on here, and if i did i sure wouldn't run to the teachers to squeal. :lol i often think they (the mods) actually just inforce were they see fit, just thinking someone may complain about something. maybe, maybe not.:monkey1:monkey1

now you guys quick picking on me or i'm going to :monkey2:monkey2

If you ont buy Abomination and Man-thing you are Marvel Amateurs IMO.

Back