Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate. I appreciate it.

I was able to finally finish painting up Tarkin. I'm pretty pleased with how he turned out. I'm not the best at painting human sculpts.

View attachment 329367
View attachment 329368
View attachment 329369
View attachment 329370
View attachment 329371
Amazing job with your Tarkin custom figure. I guess his boots belong to Han Solo HT figure ante his hands to Obi-Wan HT.

The only thing I'd do to finish the headsculp os to add little spots and stains on it.

b62767431b2bad94b9f71c2d1496ce0e.jpg

Congrats! It looks great as usual.

Enviado desde mi ASUS_Z010D mediante Tapatalk

The paint job on Tarkin looks really good Chris!

I've tried my hand at painting a couple human sculpts over the years as well... but in my case, it is probably best to leave it to the professionals. :)

I never seem to be able to get the sublte tone transitions good enough that take it from looking like a doll head to looking like a little human head.

Again - digging what you did!

Amazing job with your Tarkin custom figure. I guess his boots belong to Han Solo HT figure ante his hands to Obi-Wan HT.

The only thing I'd do to finish the headsculp os to add little spots and stains on it.

b62767431b2bad94b9f71c2d1496ce0e.jpg

Congrats! It looks great as usual.

Enviado desde mi ASUS_Z010D mediante Tapatalk

Thanks. I thought about adding age spots. I'm not sure I can pull that off. Looking at pictures, I can see I also need to work on the hair a bit. I need to darken it up.

Yes, those are the HT Obi-Wan hands and Solo boots. Good eye.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

The paint job on Tarkin looks really good Chris!

I've tried my hand at painting a couple human sculpts over the years as well... but in my case, it is probably best to leave it to the professionals. :)

I never seem to be able to get the sublte tone transitions good enough that take it from looking like a doll head to looking like a little human head.

Again - digging what you did!

Thanks man. I totally understand what you're saying. Believe me I am no professional. :)

Still lots to learn. The only way to get better at this stuff is to practice. Painting human heads is the ultimate challenge in this hobby.

Chewie is incredible, good job.

Did you make Tarkin's belt buckle and code disk? If so and you don't mind me asking, what materials did you use?

Tarkin looks awesome mate.

Ron

Thanks Ron. I appreciate it.

Great trio of Imps! :rock Are those all Piett uniforms? And what sculpt are you using on the right, the one with the stache?

Thanks. Yes, those are all Piett outfits. I bought a bunch of them years ago before they got too expensive.

The sculpt on the right is the Wilhelm Keitel sculpt from DiD. I thought it was spot on for Admiral Ozzel.

Chewie is incredible, good job.

Did you make Tarkin's belt buckle and code disk? If so and you don't mind me asking, what materials did you use?

Thanks.

Code cylinders are extras that I picked up from Toy Anxiety years ago. They came with the Sideshow Piett.

The belt buckle was custom-made, but not by me. A member was offering these years ago and I picked one up.

I am planning to redo all the belts on my Imperial Officers. Tarkin's was damaged and the buckles on my others need some attention.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I am making use of an extra Sideshow Stormtrooper. I had an extra HT Han head. I used a HT bucket and modified cod piece (thanks Tyler!).

I have a Stormtrooper Han now to go with HT Luke....

20170324_211933.jpg

I plan on picking up a OSK Han sculpt, curious to see what it looks like.

Thanks Tyler. I think I may be upgrading the Han trooper now...

I recently picked up one of those OSK Han sculpts off ebay. I just got it tonight. It's pretty nice. I'm going to probably get a second one and mod it to fit for use in a hatted Hoth custom.

20170401_205750.jpg

Back