Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, whre did you get that backpack foe rebel troopers on the planet Hoth ESB??? I would like to make my custom rebel troopers. Hope you tell me something.
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it.

The backpack is from the Sideshow Endor Rebel soldier. I simply painted it, added the hose and antenna.

Working on a Wampa attack Luke. Picked up some extra bits from TA. I wanted to find a use for the exclusive sculpt.

2016-11-12 18.26.34.jpg

Awesome dude, love the Hoth guys. Still some of my favorites in my own collection. I should do that with my Wampa attack Luke head. Seems a shame to just have it hidden away in a box.

Luke's looking awesome - I'm almost done with that one myself. It's such a great look for Luke. How much snow/ice are you doing? I was intending to really dirty him up but not sure I'm brave enough.

I couldn't find a Luke gunbelt so had to make one pretty much from scratch and a few unrelated bits. Total pain to make it look as good as even an older SSC one.:slap:lol

Anyone made resin copies of the backpacks? Where did you get many? Did you get all from Endor's rebel troopers?
Look awesome works!!!

Anyone made resin copies of the backpacks? Where did you get many? Did you get all from Endor's rebel troopers?
Look awesome works!!!

Thanks.

I'm not sure if anybody has made resin copies of these. I haven't seen any.

I picked up all of mine from the Endor Rebel soldiers. I have had quite a few of these over the years. The Endor soldiers were great for customs. They were cheap, had tons of great parts and were easy to find. You could probably pick them up for a reasonable price if you look around a little bit.

I thought someone made resin copies. I will check over there if i find one and make resin copies of the backpack and parts.
Thanks again from Spain. And your works are Excellent.

Thanks. :)

I was able to remove the Luke sculpt from the Hoth hat. I then cut my sculpt to fit in its place.

2016-11-17 17.27.41.jpg
2016-11-17 17.32.20.jpg

Now it's on to the details to finish these two guys up. :)

Get on that Tyler. :)

Real like in a movie. Absolutely beautiful, are they a professional makeup artist? :clap

Thanks. The sculpt wasn't painted by me, it's a stock DiD sculpt. They have terrific paintwork on their sculpts. They are perfect for troop building.

Yes. DID (Dragon in Dreams) made/did fantastic heads, very nice paint. Much better than SSC heads. I have 7 black Stormtrooper officers and i changed 6 heads and their ranks from Ensign/Lieutenant till Colonel, just painting blue or red their ranks or changing the ranks for other smaller or cutting the ranks. One still have thr original Commander Praji head. And i have 5 "Admmiral Piett" figures and also i changed 4 heads and ranks. And one white security officer (Colonel) using "Grand Admiral Thrawn" uniform and the head from DID WWI and WW2 head, like others.

That's Perfect work man. Excellent job!

I was watching the ESB battle of Planet Hoth and the Snowtrooper Commander had the shoulder shields turned. If you take a look you will find the difference with snowtrooper soldiers. And the same thing happens with the AT-AT Drivers in the AT-AT cockpit, both had shoulder shields turned. So I do not know if in the movie the men dressing their shoulder shields turned them instead of how they are on the Snowtroopers soldiers shoulders. It's a mystery. What do you think guys?

Yes. DID (Dragon in Dreams) made/did fantastic heads, very nice paint. Much better than SSC heads. I have 7 black Stormtrooper officers and i changed 6 heads and their ranks from Ensign/Lieutenant till Colonel, just painting blue or red their ranks or changing the ranks for other smaller or cutting the ranks. One still have thr original Commander Praji head. And i have 5 "Admmiral Piett" figures and also i changed 4 heads and ranks. And one white security officer (Colonel) using "Grand Admiral Thrawn" uniform and the head from DID WWI and WW2 head, like others.

That's Perfect work man. Excellent job!

Your customs sound awesome, I would love to see them.

I did the same thing....
2016-11-22 23.04.30.jpg

I still have a few more in the works. You can never have too many Imperial officers. :)

Back