Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing Jeff's X-Wing vest a month or so ago, I knew when I had some time the first thing I would do is re-visit my Biggs Darklighter. Its been ages since I have had any time to do work on my "dollies". I got started on Biggs today. I used speaker wire and a leather pattern to create the vest.

55.jpg

Jeff, awesome idea dude. It looks spot on in my opinion. :)

I repainted the Hasbro head, cut off the back portion of the head so it would fit in the helmet. I also dremmeled the insides of the helmet a bit to make more room. I still need to repaint the inside of the helmet, do some weathering and re-attach the chin strap.

56.jpg

Still loads to do, it was just nice to have a couple of hours today to work on something.

Hello, I've broken the headsculpt of my ANH Kenobi... :slap

Don't ask... I just say Dremel. :horror

I'm looking for a good and perfect resin cast or the original loose headsculpt. I will pay well for a good work.

Who would try it? Of course, I would like to see hi-res pics before buying.

Please, consider this a favour rather than a money chance.

Thank you!

Looking good Chaka, hard to get time to work on anything these days myself. Such a simple pleasure this is.

Thanks. I couldnt agree with you more. I no longer take my free time for granted. ;)

Speaking of free time, I had some this afternoon. I was able to finish the vest and redo the straps on the chestbox. I also added the chinstrap and weathered up the helmet a bit. Biggs is coming along
S L O W L Y but surely. :)

82.jpg

83.jpg

I agree, if me unworthy might give a hint on one little thing: The helmet is dirty, the rest is clean. You plan to dirty him up a bit?

Thanks. Yeah, I havent had a chance to work on anything else.

In all the pictures I have seen, the X-Wing helmets are pretty beat up. The rest of the pilot's outfits are pretty clean for the most part. The Tomy helmet was waaaay too shiney and clean, it needed to be "dulled down" or weathered a bit. :)

Thanks guys. :)

Small update on Biggs. I added the mic and mic wire to the helmet. I also painted and attached the chestbox hose to the side of the outfit. Belt also added.

45.jpg

44.jpg

Wow, 2 months since I have been able to post anything? Sheesh!! Ive been pretty busy the past few months, not much dollie time. I am hoping that will change this winter, things are starting to slow down for me a bit. FINALLY!! :D

Anyways, my wife and son are out of town for the weekend visiting family..:yess:, so I was able to start a long overdue project.

I started to paint up Hrchek Kal Fas (Saurin) from the cantina.

Not quite finished, but he is getting there. I drybrushed in some brown, green and reddish pastels to give him some layers of color. Im going to go back and touch up the eyes, add gloss and darken in some of the low areas around the head. Im a little rusty, but not bothered by that. Its just nice to have a day to myself and paint. :)

Here is a shot of where I am at so far. I will take some better pictures in natural light when I get a chance.

1-1.jpg

I have most of the outfit pieced together, but I need to do some more research on it.

Chris

Looking good Chris. Your not the only one to be busy, been pretty slow in the customs section for awhile now. Hopefully it picks up as winter comes on and people have time to work on stuff.:)

wow just finished looking at whole thread.i am speechless and humbled by your efforts. awsome!!!!

Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. :)

Yo Monkey Man, SHOW US THE HAUTE COUTURE OUTFIT!!!

All in good time mate, all in good time. :D

Looking good Chris. Your not the only one to be busy, been pretty slow in the customs section for awhile now. Hopefully it picks up as winter comes on and people have time to work on stuff.:)

Yes, it seems like most are busy with day to day stuff or sidetracked with non Star Wars projects. Hopefully they (COUGH! Mark..COUGH!!) will return someday. :)

Back