Chainsaw's Tiny G.I. JOE Collection & Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool idea.

A dio just came to mind... Hot Toys Terminator, in a store, filling up a duffle bag full of these.

I mean, that's what I'd do if I could send a Terminator back to the eighties. :)

Just to elaborate, I'm thinking to make one from scratch I'll still need one to use as a template (to cut another box out of), doesn't matter if that's Joe or Cobra and the condition doesn't matter much, as long as it's a complete box it can be a scuffed up, bent up piece of junk. I don't want to kill any of my boxes in the process and I'm no longer at home to see if they can be laid out completely without destroying them. Ideally, I'll be able to do boxes from scratch, and then anyone with customs can send me their images, so I'd like to start there. If that doesn't work out, then we'll just use existing boxes and I'll just add my images to the box. :idea

so will it open up like the sideshow boxes too. and have all the croc master summary in the middle.

The pictures where taken reather hastily, I would rather shoot during the day, but my free time is winding up. I am going back to work on the road and want to get a feel for a few things from my fellow freaks and friends. Nam or one of you guys can most likely tell me if this is something that CAN be sold legally, I have read the forum rules but but do not know if something like this constitutes mass production, etc. Honestly, I don't even know if these are something that people would want to add to their dioramas/collections, but seeing as I am going to be away, this is something that I could easily pack up and kill some time with while I'm away for a month or so.

Well, for legalities, you're using Trademarked products without licensor approval but honestly, unless you get a C&D from Sideshow and/or Hasbro for Trademark infringement, I don't think anybody's gonna take an issue with you making these. And given what you're doing, I don't see that it impedes on any current license anyway; meaning these would not likely take away any revenue from any current license Hasbro's producing or leased out. Just don't produce thousands of them. :lol

BTW, they're friggin' awesome! :rock:rock:rock

Well, for legalities, you're using Trademarked products without licensor approval but honestly, unless you get a C&D from Sideshow and/or Hasbro for Trademark infringement, I don't think anybody's gonna take an issue with you making these. And given what you're doing, I don't see that it impedes on any current license anyway; meaning these would not likely take away any revenue from any current license Hasbro's producing or leased out. Just don't produce thousands of them. :lol

BTW, they're friggin' awesome! :rock:rock:rock

Pretty much the way I feel, I'm glad you agree. You don't sugarcoat things and that is why I value your input. I don't see them coming after me for what boils down to selling a few resized images of their products to a few of my friends. It's kind of the same thing that Harley Davidson brand has to wrestle with, lots of custom parts and aftermarket stuff with their brand on it. Some stuff they don't like, but let it go on anyway because they cannot seem to produce enough to satisfy everyones unique tastes and in return, it reinforces brand loyalty and they don't have to pay for it.

I'm not counterfeiting or selling reproduction cardbacks, that is something I would never do, there's already a suspect amount of unopened 80's Joes on the market anyway and that could have a real impact on the value of MOC vintage Joes. I'd rather see our collections become MORE valuable. There's a lot of potential for products in the Joe line that we aren't likely to get, ever. Anyone else want to see HUGE movie sized posters of the original card art? Wallpaper? I could fill a book with ideas, not saying they are all good, but they are failing in the printed medium and someone should pick up the slack. Just try to find a Joe poster that you like and isn't ripped straight from a comic book and is newer than 10 years old.

Very cool idea.

A dio just came to mind... Hot Toys Terminator, in a store, filling up a duffle bag full of these.

I mean, that's what I'd do if I could send a Terminator back to the eighties. :)

Now I am really starting to regret not pulling the trigger on the T800. Awsome idea and a good reason to add the T-800 to my collection. I might have to change my mind...

Back