Celebration Anaheim 2015 - April 16-19 - Confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never been to a WW event so I'm curious to see one and Weta being there is quite tempting. What do tickets normally run?
I seem to recall it was $60 or more for just Saturday at Chicago WW. Weekend passes were like $95. But it varies by city. Chicago is the original WW. I think other cities cost less...

Wizard World Chicago sucks, but I don't really think C2E2 is anything to write home about either, to be honest. Celebration would've been cool, but there were far too many people. Maybe I'm just becoming a crotchety old man.

I seem to recall it was $60 or more for just Saturday at Chicago WW. Weekend passes were like $95. But it varies by city. Chicago is the original WW. I think other cities cost less...

No, most cities are like this.

You are helping to subsidize all the guest that come for signing (in the event purchases don't produce a profit).

I went for free last year and that is the only reason I went. But I doubt I will go this year.

Got ya. I'll have to check their site out and see what it runs then. If it is too much and I'm going for just one day I don't think I will spend the gas to drive on top of a pass.

Got ya. I'll have to check their site out and see what it runs then. If it is too much and I'm going for just one day I don't think I will spend the gas to drive on top of a pass.

St. Louis, right? It's ugly. 3 day advance purchase is $79.95 (plus $15.81 in fees) or $49.95 (plus $11.70 in fees). What's with this fee ****?

St. Louis, right? It's ugly. 3 day advance purchase is $79.95 (plus $15.81 in fees) or $49.95 (plus $11.70 in fees). What's with this fee ****?

That's the one. I don't feel like paying either one of those. I'd go for just one day which appears to be $61 plus gas to fill the car up at somepoint will be another $30. ugh.

I sometimes get free tickets to some of the larger Chicago conventions from the lady I work with. I was hoping to go to the anime convention since the retailer that makes the Godzilla figures I collect has booth there and there's lots of women in skimpy outfits, but I won't be able to get a free ticket this year, so I'm not sure if I'm going to go.

Maybe I'll go to Godzilla Fest this year, though. I don't know. It's a small convention, but it was pretty crowded last year too due to stupid Godzilla 2014.

Wow, the Tulsa con is $50 for one day, $80 for the weekend.

I guess the upside is at least my kid is free... oh well, I still want to support a con in Tulsa and get Bruce Campbell's autograph again :lol

We had that fee here last week, but is was around $4 per ticket. Honestly, I wouldn't have gone if I didn't get the $40 Sunday ticket for half price. The show is just not worth it unless you are after a particular guest. Then again, both of the biggest guests cancelled here last week! It's a crap shoot!

We had that fee here last week, but is was around $4 per ticket. Honestly, I wouldn't have gone if I didn't get the $40 Sunday ticket for half price. The show is just not worth it unless you are after a particular guest. Then again, both of the biggest guests cancelled here last week! It's a crap shoot!

Who were the cancelled guests?

Yeah, my friend is a huge Potter fan, and when she first told me about this event, she was talking all about Felton coming. That sucks! :(

Wendy's girl hasn't been the same since they started to put her into real-life situations like a real human being. I liked it better when she was sort of a Wendy's ethereal entity that would appear out of nowhere and tell you to eat Wendy's.

Norman Reedus and Tom Felton. I have a friend who purchased a weekend pass just to meet Felton. :(

Reedus is always there. Him cancelling i rare.

Wendy's girl hasn't been the same since they started to put her into real-life situations like a real human being. I liked it better when she was sort of a Wendy's ethereal entity that would appear out of nowhere and tell you to eat Wendy's.

But isn;t she still that for you ?

No, most cities are like this.

You are helping to subsidize all the guest that come for signing (in the event purchases don't produce a profit).

I went for free last year and that is the only reason I went. But I doubt I will go this year.
Wizard World Wisconsin was considerably cheaper, but it was the first year. I think they were trying to sucker people in. It was also probably smaller. I didn't go, so can't say.

Wow, my $60 and $95 numbers were pretty much spot-on! I totally pulled those figures out of nowhere! :lol

That's the one. I don't feel like paying either one of those. I'd go for just one day which appears to be $61 plus gas to fill the car up at somepoint will be another $30. ugh.
Keep an eye on groupon. They tend to put a limited number of one day passes on groupon, but they sell out quickly. WW Wisconsin had them for half price, but everyone I knew that was going had already bought their tickets. They were pissed.

Two of the main Wisconsin guests canceled as well. Adam West and Burt Ward. My Batman friend was really upset.

Not the Wendy's girl? :dunno
AT&T girl is way better. She's from Tashkent, same as my last girlfriend, and I believe Mila Kunis as well. I think I prefer Kunis though...

Back