Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MKIceAndFire finished uploading all the parts of his complete playthrough with all cut scenes. It runs to 21 hours.

Four hours in and it makes for a good movie - atmospheric locations and environment, and a story as brutal as The Road.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hence there's no chance of me selling my Ellie and Joel figures. On the contrary, I want more figures from this world. Just hope the backlash hasn't killed their chances.

I'm sure it plays great but I'll never know unless I eventually get it secondhand for $10 or less. I'm not giving them any money.

It does play great. I just finished the game and all I?ll say is that in my opinion, the hate this game is getting is not over the top. It?s perfectly understandable. Till the halfway mark, the game isn?t too bad, the gameplay obviously is pretty good, story is tolerable I guess. But after that point... I can?t tell you how hard I had to try to not return this game. It truly goes downhill.

Trust me, as a huge fan of the first game, I regret spending my money on this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those giving up on this game are crazy. Game plays great.

It's great to watch. I'm 11.5 hours into the 21 hour movie. There's so much detail in the world, from quiet, lonely moments that are reminiscent of the documentary **** Sapiens, to moments of high tension.

Occasionally the magic is broken when the linear nature of the game becomes evident, blocked off suburbs that overtly funnel the character to a certain point, or when the AI breaks down completely and an enemy is standing right in front of the companion character but doesn't see them.

Much of this section is focused on Ellie though. Loved the museum flashback. There's a lot of Abby to follow - and there really is a lot of Abby! She's literally been building herself up for revenge for years.

I remember a few years ago on here a member who used to simp for the first game so hard that i had to private message him every time i had something negative to say about it in a thread to tell him not to take it so serious as we were " friends " at the time and i didnt want his feelings to get hurt. Despite that he still couldnt live with it and chose to defend the game from any criticism to the point of choosing these fictional characters over real life people.

Its because of such passionate people i absolutely hate that the spoilers leaked. It ruined it for everybody. To think of all the genuine first time reactions from people playing the game on youtube and twitch who are die hard fans that we will now never witness the exact moment their heart breaks.

The reactions would of been hilarious.

I'm about 14.5 hours in, in the long stretch of Abby sections. It still looks good. The huge stadium, for example, is a pretty incredible, highly detailed location.

Any coincidence that Abby collects coins? Because Abby and Ellie are two sides of the same coin, similar characters whose lives became enmeshed by Joel's actions. Her story is just as interesting to follow as Ellie's.

It's pretty evident Joel was a grey character at the end of TLOU. That's what made TLOU a compelling storyline. Ellie had become a surrogate daughter to him, and he couldn't bear to lose her. He made a selfish, but completely understandable choice. Ellie, in turn, was upset by the action he took and the lie he told. At first she believed her immunity wasn't of value, then she discovered Joel had robbed her of giving her life for the cure.

There's no definitive black and white in this brutal world of fear, paranoia, and kill or be killed tribalism. Abby's killing Scars because they're perceived as dangerous religious fanatics. Ellie's killing Wolves because she perceives them as dangerous killers.

The leaks really did a number on the game. Perceptions were already set, Abby was already labelled and branded. I admit, she's a little hard to get used to as I suppose there aren't many female bodybuilder player characters in games. But we're getting them in TV series, and maybe one day as a Hot Toys figure...

MV5BNTM5NTM0MjA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDY0MTk4NzM@._V1_SX1500_CR0,0,1500,999_AL_.jpg

I got to the end a few hours ago, and I still can't stop thinking about it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now bring on The Last of Us III.

And some more sixth scale figures.

I like TloU 1. But TLoU 2... nope. Not because the spoilers but what the direction it took you in.

Imagining watching Taken 2 only to find out that almost 50% of the stories is all about the life & etc of the old main villain guy who's the father of main villain of Taken 1, who you just don't care about at all. Yep. That's TLoU2 for me.

And don't get me started about "that" ending. Argh. This is what happened in medias these days. I doesn't even give you a choice. I mean... really?
Felt like : "If you bought our product then we can just ramming anything we sees fit down to your throats without even warning and that's all". Yeah right. At least I bought physical disc of the game...
4/10.

I like TloU 1. But TLoU 2... nope. Not because the spoilers but what the direction it took you in.

Imagining watching Taken 2 only to find out that almost 50% of the stories is all about the life & etc of the old main villain guy who's the father of main villain of Taken 1, who you just don't care about at all. Yep. That's TLoU2 for me.

And don't get me started about "that" ending. Argh. This is what happened in medias these days. I doesn't even give you a choice. I mean... really?

That's why I think these games work better as films. After all, game play is so frequently interrupted by cut scenes that it might as well all be a movie.

The creators have a specific story to tell. There's no choice but to funnel the player down a set route without any option for personal decisions, or affect the outcome of any given situation as you might in a more role-playing oriented game such as Fallout 3.

The player is a passenger. There's an irreconcilable quality to TLOU II if you're playing it, rather than passively watching a movie unfold, especially

Spoiler Spoiler:

I would argue that it was a very good movie in the tradition of a dark comic book melodrama, but not a story well suited for a game.

The page Ellie finds from the 1922 book by Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit, immediately struck me having some significance.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's why I think these games work better as films. After all, game play is so frequently interrupted by cut scenes that it might as well all be a movie.

The creators have a specific story to tell. There's no choice but to funnel the player down a set route without any option for personal decisions, or affect the outcome of any given situation as you might in a more role-playing oriented game such as Fallout 3.

The player is a passenger. There's an irreconcilable quality to TLOU II if you're playing it, rather than passively watching a movie unfold, especially

Spoiler Spoiler:

I would argue that it was a very good movie in the tradition of a dark comic book melodrama, but not a story well suited for a game.

the 1st game had choices. but they really could have made the game less linear. i did not get the hype of TLOU1, it's a nice game, great graphics and story, but gameplay wise lots of games similar or better than them. i didn't play the online mode not sure how good it is. i played it once on PS3, got the PS4 version so i can enjoy it again with better graphics.

I think the first game really raised bar in voice acting and emotion. I'm 5 hours into the second, and so far the quality in performance is still there.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Just finished part 2... I?m completely blown away and emotionally destroyed. This game is on par with the first one. Didn?t think that would be possible.

Back