Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, what is the best body for Ellie? do you mind to give me the exact model # or code so I can look it up?
If there were past photos with the body, can you link it to me?
The one CC Toys recommends is the S27b phicen body, but it has a huge fake looking breasts for such a petite "young" body. So if you dont mind that. That's the one most people are using.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The one CC Toys recommends is the S27b phicen body, but it has a huge fake looking breasts for such a petite "young" body. So if you dont mind that. That's the one most people are using.

Are you going to tell me that alternative body you used? [emoji57]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

They won't be doing video game characters anymore since they didn't take it as seriously as Lim does. They will only be doing Anime characters moving foward.

Thanks. I couldn't find the original conversation.

I know Lim Toys said they want to do TLOU2, but I wonder if they'll pick up where CCToys left off with TLOU?

Its using a combination of Hot Toys Baby Doll and Xing parts.

What parts did you use from each?

I'm surprised you got the jeans on as the waist is so tiny on them.

Your Ellie is probably more accurate to the 5' 3" mentioned in the game. On the S27B she's 25.5cm not including shoe soles, which is only 5' 1/4". The other two Ellie's I made from Frankensteining bodies both measure 26 cm without shoe soles, which is still only 5' 1 1/2".

Yet the S27B still seems to match the correct height against Joel, but he may be a little undersized compared to the game model. It's not easy to find in-game images that show them both standing upright right next to each other.

I've seen people recommending others to look for Kumik Mathilda or Asmus Mathilda/X23 bodies, but they would be ridiculously undersized.

What parts did you use from each?

I'm surprised you got the jeans on as the waist is so tiny on them.

Your Ellie is probably more accurate to the 5' 3" mentioned in the game. On the S27B she's 25.5cm not including shoe soles, which is only 5' 1/4". The other two Ellie's I made from Frankensteining bodies both measure 26 cm without shoe soles, which is still only 5' 1 1/2".

Yet the S27B still seems to match the correct height against Joel, but he may be a little undersized compared to the game model. It's not easy to find in-game images that show them both standing upright right next to each other.

I've seen people recommending others to look for Kumik Mathilda or Asmus Mathilda/X23 bodies, but they would be ridiculously undersized.
Thanks Asta. [emoji482]

Ellie has the Xing chest, Baby Dolls arms and legs. I cut off the majority of the Xing butt, but kept the stomach section. I actually did this before I even got the set in hand as I figured the ass was going to be too big. The pants material can stretch some which helps as well.

I did have to dremel out the shoes to fit the Xing pegs inside.

I also added a cut black t-shirt underneather to get that look of the black collar.

But I agree I'm really happy with how she turned out. Some work, but it pays off. [emoji482]

Yeah I had bought a "Girl Crush" body at first but then realized it was far too small. And the phicen S27 would have been great if it wasnt for the stupid chest. Maybe a tad too small. But there can be a little wiggle room there at this scale. You were right with the Xing being a bit big, but the Baby Doll had the right height with the legs. The Xing legs are longer. So I swapped the parts I needed and my Baby Doll got the rest of the Xing I wasnt using plus keeping her chest, waist and butt.
18182467c98b3fbbacc57ad058adbaae.jpg

Thanks Asta. [emoji482]

Ellie has the Xing chest, Baby Dolls arms and legs. I cut off the majority of the Xing butt, but kept the stomach section. I actually did this before I even got the set in hand as I figured the ass was going to be too big. The pants material can stretch some which helps as well.

I did have to dremel out the shoes to fit the Xing pegs inside.

I also added a cut black t-shirt underneather to get that look of the black collar.

But I agree I'm really happy with how she turned out. Some work, but it pays off. [emoji482]

Thanks for the breakdown. She worked out well.

One thing with this release is I've learnt a lot more about how these type of non-seamless bodies are constructed, and how much you can alter them without affecting their articulation.

Yeah I had bought a "Girl Crush" body at first but then realized it was far too small. And the phicen S27 would have been great if it wasnt for the stupid chest. Maybe a tad too small. But there can be a little wiggle room there at this scale. You were right with the Xing being a bit big, but the Baby Doll had the right height with the legs. The Xing legs are longer. So I swapped the parts I needed and my Baby Doll got the rest of the Xing I wasnt using plus keeping her chest, waist and butt.

At first glance a lot of these bodies seem to resemble the Xing design, but when I looked closer I could see little differences that made quite a big effect.

For Ellie #3 I used a mix of SW Ourworld's and VeryCool's bodies. I think VeryCool make their own bodies, but the SW Ourworld was probably a Xing.

Ellie #4 was a shot in the dark as I was looking for a way to use the fourth sculpt, and suddenly remembered the 19 year old Dragon 'Winona' in the attic. It was a lot of cutting, filing and drilling but it worked out just right, and made use of something I thought was useless. She could really do with a pair of CCToys' jeans though.

All in all, it's been a lot of fun playing with these sets. A lot more fun than receiving a Hot Toys figure that virtually goes straight from the box to the shelf.

My gas masks arrived in the country last night, so it's not over yet!

Thanks for the breakdown. She worked out well.

One thing with this release is I've learnt a lot more about how these type of non-seamless bodies are constructed, and how much you can alter them without affecting their articulation.

At first glance a lot of these bodies seem to resemble the Xing design, but when I looked closer I could see little differences that made quite a big effect.

For Ellie #3 I used a mix of SW Ourworld's and VeryCool's bodies. I think VeryCool make their own bodies, but the SW Ourworld was probably a Xing.

Ellie #4 was a shot in the dark as I was looking for a way to use the fourth sculpt, and suddenly remembered the 19 year old Dragon 'Winona' in the attic. It was a lot of cutting, filing and drilling but it worked out just right, and made use of something I thought was useless. She could really do with a pair of CCToys' jeans though.

All in all, it's been a lot of fun playing with these sets. A lot more fun than receiving a Hot Toys figure that virtually goes straight from the box to the shelf.

My gas masks arrived in the country last night, so it's not over yet!
I've never used a seemless body before.. how well can you bend their joints and leave it on a stand? I'm curious how the plastic will hold and if it will rip, say if the joints bend for a long period of time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Aren't some of the Hot Toys female bodies really undersized, like TFA Rey? I remember seeing a pic of other characters dwarfing her. I wonder of that would work for Ellie.

I've never used a seemless body before.. how well can you bend their joints and leave it on a stand? I'm curious how the plastic will hold and if it will rip, say if the joints bend for a long period of time.

I only have a few TB League seamless and try to keep the limbs fairly straight, just a slight bend to add life but not enough to cause damage. If kept bent at sharp angles for too long the silicone can tear.

I prefer non-seamless where possible since there's no fear in posing them a little more dynamically. If a figure's clothed where the limbs bend, as with Ellie, then I suppose there's no harm if it does tear - only if you intend to re-use the body for a less clad character in the future.

I worked a bit more on Ellie #4:

49028466803_351f9a05f7_o.jpg

Dragon DML Winona body.
Forearms shortened by 1cm and drilled out to fit VeryCool Shooter Girl wrist pegs.
Ankles shortened by 1.5cm and holes drilled in the legs for PopToys ankle pegs.
Breasts cut off.
Padded the abdomen and butt with cotton wool bandage.
Cut the neck down and filed it a little thinner so the head sits lower.
Scraped the neck with a blade to remove the glossy finish.

Pulled the rubber plug out of the sculpt so the head sits lower on the neck.

CCToys Ellie green coat; red palm tree shirt; Joel flamethrower, bow and four arrows.
VTS Dark Zone Agent Tracy jeans.
TS Toys Rowdy shoes.
VeryCool Shooter Girl black backpack with the chest and belly straps removed.

Having to Frankenstein a body to fit an overpriced set has me almost regretting picking this up. Almost. I used to enjoy customizing figures back in the day, but no longer. I'm too lazy now and already have one foot out of the 1/6 game. But TLOU is one of my favorite games, so here I am soaking up all of your great info and pictures to make my last custom figure an easier process.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Having to Frankenstein a body to fit an overpriced set has me almost regretting picking this up. Almost. I used to enjoy customizing figures back in the day, but no longer. I'm too lazy now and already have one foot out of the 1/6 game. But TLOU is one of my favorite games, so here I am soaking up all of your great info and pictures to make my last custom figure an easier process.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That really is the biggest let down to this entire set. They really should have included a legit body. BUT on the plus side this gives a person like myself an option for putting together something that works.

Granted as many have done with the S27b you can just shave off the giant breasts and you'll have a decent option even if a tad undersize. It's an easy quick mod and you dont have to spend the extra time Frankensteining bodies.

I've enjoyed the Frankensteining.

For me it was just a means of getting a third and fourth Ellie out of the sets, while using up, in the case of the DML body, something that I thought would never see the light of day again. I haven't had to buy anything extra, so the more I can make out of the sets the less expensive they seem. :)

Four Ellies, three Joels, and this chap who Joel just caught up for stealing his shirt...

49028514503_9224c47a0b_o.jpg

When I was looking at bodies to use I considered Disney's Premium/Elite Jyn (their Rey is too tanned). It's a good little body, and one that I've already used with SW Ourworld's undersized Lara 2.0 sculpt to make a teen version of her. It's a 26 cm figure not counting boot soles, and slim.

There's one big drawback in that they don't have a neck on the body. You could cut Jyn's neck off and use that, but with Ellie's outfits you're likely to see the joint where it attaches to the body.

Seeing some pics on Facebook of the Winter Ellie using the Bow and Arrow almost makes me want to put together another one, but I really dont have a need or a spot for a second Ellie. Plus I'd have to buy another backpack, pants and shoes...I really wish they had included two full sets [emoji1]

S27B body works for me. I?m not too picky.
29a1f89d36a7b23951b7776025889de0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back