Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the torch. With Ellie there was a little square magnet stuck to the torch.

I looked at an old review for the original Joel release and it was mentioned there too.

I didn't want to have to take the scissors to the body, but there's no other way. And as with you, I'm not planning on ever using these bodies for anything else.

For the jeans it's a tough one. Jeans for regular figures are going to be too big on the waist. That's why I'm modifying a body for third Ellie, as it already has the right kind of jeans.

For shoes TS Toys Rowdy (originally sold as 'Rorty') has something similar, but in blue rather than brown. They're a little larger though, as they're adult scale.

you can seal up the silicone by putting some super glue on the surface and let it dry, it will harden the superficial layers. tapes may still leak.

there is a loose magnet you can put behind the bag strap so both magnets are "clamping" on the strap to fix position.

I didn't even consider that was how it was intended to work. The backpack strap is thin enough that this works well.

Finished Ellie #2 this morning: the winter version on an S27B.

49017068283_851c0e5c4f_o.jpg

The three layers of clothing fit well. The coat was easier to get on than I expected, and the hoody sleeves didn't even ride up inside the sleeve as they often do. Maybe that's an advantage of clingy silicone arms?

Took quite a bit of futzing afterwards to get the layers to sit right.

49017590286_01bba4d33c_o.jpg

49017590326_dc35084d91_o.jpg

49017791287_19723884e3_o.jpg

Winter Joel is next, plus a third Joel. There's the makings for a fourth Ellie and Joel but I haven't decided whether to yet.

did you trim both 27Bs?

Yes. I cut them both with scissors.

The size and shape of the breasts were a weird choice for this otherwise petite body. They don't even look naturally big, just fake big, which is contradictory to the age this body represents.

I have an Ellie sculpt, green coat and red T-shirt left over, so I'm Frankensteining a vintage Dragon (DML) 'Winona' body. It's generally pretty skinny but long limbed, so I'm planning where to cut, and what to file. Interestingly, the tiny hole inside the Ellie sculpt is a perfect fit for the Dragon peg.

Is the Joel paint really as dark in hand as it looks in those pics? He looks massively darker than Ellie...

Is the Joel paint really as dark in hand as it looks in those pics? He looks massively darker than Ellie...

Joel's tanned, but he doesn't look as dark as in those photos. In contrast Ellie is pale, which is ironic because she matches TB League's definition of a tanned body.

Both of these close-ups were with the camera flash, and give a better impression of how the paint responds to the light from the same distance:

49020603357_6559dcd3df_z.jpg

49020603442_161687daca_z.jpg

I finished Ellie #4, who's currently undergoing some flamethrower training:

49019879383_ce39951a8e_o.jpg

She's on a modified Dragon (DML) 'Winona' body. I cut 1 cm off the end of the forearms and drilled them out to receive VeryCool wrist pegs and hands. I cut 1.5 cm off the bottom of the legs, and drilled them out to receive PopToys' rod style ankle pegs, which push right in so only the ball joint shows. The breasts were cut off and the abdomen, butt and groin padded with cotton wool bandage because the old Dragon female bodies were very thin.

I have only just opened but I'm much happier with Ellie than I was with CCTOYS Nathan Drake. Ellie is on par with Joel quality wise. Her jeans are indeed a tight fit, even on the very slim recommended body. Also the size of the neck and foot pegs seem pretty specifically meant for the recommended body and could be quite a headache with other body types I would imagine.

Ordered the two figure set along with a phicen s27b. Looking forward to this arriving along with a Kai Eleven Nathan Drake. Love the naughty dog games and these are great looking sets.

I have only just opened but I'm much happier with Ellie than I was with CCTOYS Nathan Drake. Ellie is on par with Joel quality wise.

Yes, these are definitely quality sets. When there was the talk about CCToys giving up making figures I was worried they'd cut corners and just rush these out, but luckily it's a case of what you saw in the promo images is what you get in hand.

In fact there were some details that went beyond my expectations, such as the badges on Ellie's backpack, or the 'glass' and detail on Joel's watch. There are even puns in the book, even though it looks like the same page printed over and over.

TurdFurgusonsHat said:
Her jeans are indeed a tight fit, even on the very slim recommended body. Also the size of the neck and foot pegs seem pretty specifically meant for the recommended body and could be quite a headache with other body types I would imagine.

I wonder how many S26As and S27Bs are being bought? Apart from Ellie I haven't yet seen any clothes specifically designed for them.

My figures in their new home:

49024043243_d43700b574_o.jpg

It's odd how Joel always photographs a bit darker than he actually looks.

49024771247_d6ec54b694_o.jpg

I changed the jeans on Ellie #4 above (on the modified DML body) to the darker, narrower legged pair from VTS' Dark Zone Tracy. On Tracy they only served to accentuate her thin legs, so I killed two birds and put Tracy in military trousers.

The only problem with the change was the same one you get from putting regular female jeans on the S27B: they're far too baggy at the waist. I solved that by folding the material over at the back to tighten the jeans on the hips. The fold was secured by threading the belt through the loops, missing the one that was in the folded part, and buckling it tight. This fix is only really possible because she's wearing a coat that covers her rear.

American Dreams Ellie is nearby:

49024043188_e002a286e9_o.jpg

And what is it with the 'Aughty Balls' on her hoody? I couldn't find any images showing the full writing on the net. It doesn't appear at all in The Art of TLOU book.

Grabbed this from a video, showing some of the letters:

49024853611_0ab70d89df_o.png

'Aughty' might refer to 'Naughty Dog'. And 'Balls' because the figures are the 'dog's bollocks'? :D

Got my set today! Was she supposed to come with two pairs of pants? For some reason I thought she came with both a black pair and a denim jean pair...looking like she just comes with one.

Got to take the kiddos to the doctor and then I have a dentist app so I didnt get a lot of time with her yet. But my modded Baby Doll body worked fine with the clothes. Even put a cut t shirt under her red shirt and worked fine. Once I get her all proper I can get some pics later tonight. Overall very impressed with this set. Just wish they chose a better body to "recommend" so we didnt have to do extra work to get her to look right. Or better yet just have included a better body to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Got my set today! Was she supposed to come with two pairs of pants? For some reason I thought she came with both a black pair and a denim jean pair...looking like she just comes with one.

Got to take the kiddos to the doctor and then I have a dentist app so I didnt get a lot of time with her yet. But my modded Baby Doll body worked fine with the clothes. Even put a cut t shirt under her red shirt and worked fine. Once I get her all proper I can get some pics later tonight. Overall very impressed with this set. Just wish they chose a better body to "recommend" so we didnt have to do extra work to get her to look right. Or better yet just have included a better body to begin with.

One pair of pants was all that was ever included. Unfortunately the winter Joel set does not include pants either. I'm looking for options for a second pair for Ellie now. I'm leaning towards getting a fairly generic slim female pair of jeans and then modding them. They will be mostly hidden by the jacket and sweatshirt anyway. It is rather annoying that pants for all the parts are not included considering the price and that bodies were not included either.

Mine arrived at the delivery depot a little while ago, so today could be the day. :)

There was talk that these releases would be CCToys' last, so there'd be no hope for a Clicker or Fall outfits. Yet last month they previewed this figure:

72791331_2521996717854851_8311973512717795328_o.jpg

So are they actually continuing?
They won't be doing video game characters anymore since they didn't take it as seriously as Lim does. They will only be doing Anime characters moving foward.

One pair of pants was all that was ever included. Unfortunately the winter Joel set does not include pants either. I'm looking for options for a second pair for Ellie now. I'm leaning towards getting a fairly generic slim female pair of jeans and then modding them. They will be mostly hidden by the jacket and sweatshirt anyway. It is rather annoying that pants for all the parts are not included considering the price and that bodies were not included either.
Agreed. $150 with no body should warrant two full outfits at the very least....That sucks. I was hoping for those denim ones.

"Endure and Survive..."

"I struggled for a long time with survivin'. And you...no matter what, you keep finding something to fight for."

Still need to weather them both up but thisll do for now. [emoji2]

It's really great to finally have these two in my collection. The Last of Us is my favorite game of all time surpassing Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy VI. And what makes it even more special is it's the first game I played through with my daughter (we actually even dressed up as Joel and Ellie for Halloween one year.)

I'm going to look at trying to find something for Ellie to sit on and try and repose them like the Pandemic Edition Statue.

Also if anyone knows where I can get the Remastered Steelbook at non ass rapping prices please let me know. I like to display VHS and Steelbooks with my figures and they need it. [emoji23]

Regardless of what body you guys choose to use I'm sure you'll love this duo just as much as me. FB_IMG_1573081208445.jpgFB_IMG_1573081210582.jpgFB_IMG_1573081212904.jpgFB_IMG_1573081214726.jpgFB_IMG_1573081218935.jpgFB_IMG_1573081221108.jpgFB_IMG_1573081227803.jpgFB_IMG_1573081745413.jpgFB_IMG_1573081748439.jpgFB_IMG_1573081750760.jpg

Guys, what is the best body for Ellie? do you mind to give me the exact model # or code so I can look it up?
If there were past photos with the body, can you link it to me?

Back