Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of clothes fitting, I've been working on a body to make a third Ellie from the spare parts left over from the summer and winter S27Bs.

The base body is the Xing type from SW Ourworld's Lara 2.0, which is already wearing dark blue, narrow legged jeans. When I tried these on the S27B they were extremely baggy at the waist, so it's very unlikely that CCToys' jeans would fit a Xing type body. Bear in mind also that the SW Ourworld body is of the 'smaller butt' variety, which shows just how much smaller the S27B is.

I've adjusted the height with a bit of Frankensteining. Took the lower legs from one of VeryCool's Shooter Girls, removed the ankle extenders and drilled out holes for some PopToys ankle pegs. She matches the S27B and the proportions still look good.

However, I have doubts about the CCToys clothes fitting, because these Xing type bodies are 1cm wider across the shoulders than the S27B, and the arms are also 1cm longer. I'm hoping maybe I can get away with the blue shirt and hoody, otherwise I'm going to have to shorten the arms a little as a compromise.

My sets arrived in the country yesterday afternoon and are currently on the way to the delivery depot, so hopefully not too long to wait.
I should have my set Thursday as well. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I should have my set Thursday as well. Looking forward to it!

Mine arrived at the delivery depot a little while ago, so today could be the day. :)

There was talk that these releases would be CCToys' last, so there'd be no hope for a Clicker or Fall outfits. Yet last month they previewed this figure:

72791331_2521996717854851_8311973512717795328_o.jpg

So are they actually continuing?

Mine has shipped.
I?m planning on mixing and matching with my custom Ellie. The clothes on this one is pretty good already, so maybe I don?t even have to switch it. The body is heavily modded. Don?t remember the brand.
722f6aa263772e139db60ed067016ce2.jpg

Mine arrived at the delivery depot a little while ago, so today could be the day. :)

There was talk that these releases would be CCToys' last, so there'd be no hope for a Clicker or Fall outfits. Yet last month they previewed this figure:

72791331_2521996717854851_8311973512717795328_o.jpg

So are they actually continuing?
Why would they quit? Did they get a C&D?

Mine has shipped.
I?m planning on mixing and matching with my custom Ellie. The clothes on this one is pretty good already, so maybe I don?t even have to switch it. The body is heavily modded. Don?t remember the brand.
722f6aa263772e139db60ed067016ce2.jpg
Yeah those clothes and body look great. [emoji869]

Why would they quit? Did they get a C&D?

I don't think any reasons were given, and I can't find the original discussion.

The announcement that CC Toys is quitting after this figure set could be concerning.

It was discussed a bit in the Nathan Drake thread. I'm not sure of the reasons but apparently Drake and Ellie are their last two figures.

Their are reasons behind them but better for Fireclawjack to address them rather then me giving that info out. One thing i will sat is that LimToys will take over for TLOU2.

These are amazing sets, such a massive amount of detail and quality.

So far I've only opened two of the boxes, finished summer Joel and almost finished summer Ellie.

The thing that became apparent when I put Ellie's shirt on was that simply taping the breasts isn't enough, because it has the effect of squashing the breasts sideways instead. The tape also creates a solid bulk laterally across the chest. The only real solution is to take a pair of scissors to the body and cut away much of the breasts. Because the silicon is sticky inside I covered it with two pieces of insulating tape to prevent any staining to the shirt. Using two pieces also negates the lateral bulkiness and makes her appear more natural.

I'm also having to use drastic measures with the Xing type body for the third Ellie. As a third variant she'll be wearing the blue shirt and "Aughty Balls" (!) hoody. I've cut away the rubber upper torso, leaving only the neck and a little bit either side of it. This reduces the volume across the shoulders, so the blue T-shirt fits. But the shoulders are still too wide for the hoody, so I'm having to file them down. The plan for this one is to have her posed aiming the bow, which should be made easier having reduced the rubber upper torso. Though I'll have to tape over the elbow joint of her bow holding arm to prevent it bending under the tension of the bow string.

Do you have photos of this modified body with the t-shirt please?

Things have changed since then, as per my last post:

The thing that became apparent when I put Ellie's shirt on was that simply taping the breasts isn't enough, because it has the effect of squashing the breasts sideways instead. The tape also creates a solid bulk laterally across the chest. The only real solution is to take a pair of scissors to the body and cut away much of the breasts. Because the silicon is sticky inside I covered it with two pieces of insulating tape to prevent any staining to the shirt. Using two pieces also negates the lateral bulkiness and makes her appear more natural.

So here she is now after her reduction:

49014714131_b8a141a440_o.jpg

49014915127_378865528f_o.jpg

49014714196_e2909f8b50_o.jpg

I couldn't detect any metal inside the backpack strap, so did you glue the magnet to it?

After using the tape to secure Joel's, I realise going by a review of the original release he should've had a magnet too. It was missing from the first box I opened. Maybe Joel #2 will have his.

Great pics everyone. Ellie is definitely too chesty with the unmodded body but Asta has her looking great. I will probably eventually go forward with trimming down the chest as I don't imagine ever using these bodies for anything else. Mine should arrive tomorrow. I need to source a pair of shoes and jeans for a second Ellie with the winter outfit. Any suggestions?

Yes it's better, A French Youtuber (Virtual Devil) did the same, he cut the breasts too and covered it with cling film or food wrap, sorry and don't know the exact term in English.
You can the the result at 16:00min

magnet for what?

For the torch. With Ellie there was a little square magnet stuck to the torch.

I looked at an old review for the original Joel release and it was mentioned there too.

Great pics everyone. Ellie is definitely too chesty with the unmodded body but Asta has her looking great. I will probably eventually go forward with trimming down the chest as I don't imagine ever using these bodies for anything else. Mine should arrive tomorrow. I need to source a pair of shoes and jeans for a second Ellie with the winter outfit. Any suggestions?

I didn't want to have to take the scissors to the body, but there's no other way. And as with you, I'm not planning on ever using these bodies for anything else.

For the jeans it's a tough one. Jeans for regular figures are going to be too big on the waist. That's why I'm modifying a body for third Ellie, as it already has the right kind of jeans.

For shoes TS Toys Rowdy (originally sold as 'Rorty') has something similar, but in blue rather than brown. They're a little larger though, as they're adult scale.

I just wrapped a cloth wristband around her chest and it worked, no need to destroy the body
here is what i used and the result

assEet.jpg

EFsset.jpg

I just wrapped a cloth wristband around her chest and it worked, no need to destroy the body
here is what i used and the result

Mine looked like that from the side when I taped them down. But I didn't like how she looked from the front so I took the scissors to her!

I've still only opened two boxes because I've been spending so much time modifying the body for Ellie #3.

49015688302_20bb570fac_o.jpg

The base body is SW Ourworld's Lara 2.0 Xing type. The lower legs are from VeryCool's first Shooter Girl with the ankle extensions removed and the ankles drilled out to take PopToys' Xing short pegs.

The rubber upper torso was cut down so that only the neck remains. The little breast implants that fill out the rubber torso were left on. The shoulders were filed down. The plastic that the rubber upper torso rested was also filed, allowing the neck piece to sit lower to keep her closer to scale.

Even after filing the shoulders you can see how much wider she is compared to the S27B.

She's wearing SW Ourworld's Lara 2.0 Jeans; TS Toys' Rowdy shoes; CCToys' T-shirt and hoody.

It was a way of using up spare parts and having the hoody on display, since it will be mostly concealed by the green coat on the Ellie #2 winter figure.

She's slightly taller than the S27B figure, though the angle of the photo suggests it's more, and because she has wider shoulders and hips I see her as an older Ellie.

Tomorrow I'll work on winter Joel and Ellie, and maybe get a magnifying glass out and read the comic and book of puns. :lol

Back