Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just arrived last night. This is my 13th Sideshow statue, and I finally got one with bad eyes. Oddly enough, half the iris looks chipped off on both eyes. I'm surprisingly not too upset, just disappointed, 'cause it was bound to happen eventually. But atleast I'll finally get a chance to try applying the Archer eyeball decals. This will be my first attempt, so does anyone have any helpful tips they can share? I've watched a couple Youtube videos, but any additional advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! 2015-02-06 07.36.16.jpg

(Yikes, sorry this picture came out so big!)

Mine just arrived last night. This is my 13th Sideshow statue, and I finally got one with bad eyes. Oddly enough, half the iris looks chipped off on both eyes. I'm surprisingly not too upset, just disappointed, 'cause it was bound to happen eventually. But atleast I'll finally get a chance to try applying the Archer eyeball decals. This will be my first attempt, so does anyone have any helpful tips they can share? I've watched a couple Youtube videos, but any additional advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! View attachment 164320

Please tell me your at least asking for a replacement...guys, don't just accept these flaws. Even if you keep the statue, let SSC know!

Mine just arrived last night. This is my 13th Sideshow statue, and I finally got one with bad eyes. Oddly enough, half the iris looks chipped off on both eyes. I'm surprisingly not too upset, just disappointed, 'cause it was bound to happen eventually. But atleast I'll finally get a chance to try applying the Archer eyeball decals. This will be my first attempt, so does anyone have any helpful tips they can share? I've watched a couple Youtube videos, but any additional advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! View attachment 164320

Please tell me your at least asking for a replacement...guys, don't just accept these flaws. Even if you keep the statue, let SSC know!

I agree with sarakawa 100%. TAKE PICS OF THE DAMAGE AND SEND IT TO SSC BEFORE YOU TRY USING THE DECALS! There's no reason for you to accept a damaged portrait. Put in a request for a replacement before you attempt to put on the Archer decals. At least this way if you mess up using the decals you can destroy that portrait and have a replacement. At the very least try to get a credit for the damage. Why should you have to pay for the decals?

I actually sent Sideshow an email with some pics attached. I honestly don't expect any sort of resolution, but I agree it's important that we speak up, otherwise it'll just be business-as-usual for them. In case anyone's interested, below is an excerpt of what I sent them:

"I know Sideshow's reputation has taken a major hit in recent years, and while I'll continue to purchase your statues, I really hope you're able to improve your quality control in the future. Your customers spend thousands of dollars and are fiercely loyal to your brand; at the minimum, Sideshow should be able to ensure that they are putting out a quality product free of defects. You've got extremely talented people working for you and great employees who care about their customers. It's a shame that mangement seems to look the other way when it comes to the quality control process. Whoever is in charge of QC needs to take more ownership of what is produced, starting with the paint application. I love Sideshow, but 'buyer beware' isn't the way to operate any company."

I actually sent Sideshow an email with some pics attached. I honestly don't expect any sort of resolution, but I agree it's important that we speak up, otherwise it'll just be business-as-usual for them. In case anyone's interested, below is an excerpt of what I sent them:

"I know Sideshow's reputation has taken a major hit in recent years, and while I'll continue to purchase your statues, I really hope you're able to improve your quality control in the future. Your customers spend thousands of dollars and are fiercely loyal to your brand; at the minimum, Sideshow should be able to ensure that they are putting out a quality product free of defects. You've got extremely talented people working for you and great employees who care about their customers. It's a shame that mangement seems to look the other way when it comes to the quality control process. Whoever is in charge of QC needs to take more ownership of what is produced, starting with the paint application. I love Sideshow, but 'buyer beware' isn't the way to operate any company."

Thats a great response man. Glad you wrote them that...

2nq7dzm.jpg

After looking at thomphan's CW, I can't complain.
Hope you get another one bro.

For mine other than the eye, everything else was okay, although it takes a while to actually place Catwoman on the base, and too take her out of it.

2nq7dzm.jpg

After looking at thomphan's CW, I can't complain.
Hope you get another one bro.

For mine other than the eye, everything else was okay, although it takes a while to actually place Catwoman on the base, and too take her out of it.
In regards to getting her foot peg in and then out of the base, buy some Tri-Flo lubricant spray. Spray it onto a Q-Tip and rub that on the peg. My a Catwoman went in and out of the base much easier after that. Took me a lot of work to get her in and even longer to get her out before that.

In regards to getting her foot peg in and then out of the base, buy some Tri-Flo lubricant spray. Spray it onto a Q-Tip and rub that on the peg. My a Catwoman went in and out of the base much easier after that. Took me a lot of work to get her in and even longer to get her out before that.

Thanks for the tip Tripletn,
I will go buy a can, to do that.

Back