Cathode Tubes for Lightsabre customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Recently came across an old post showing how to DIY cathode lightsabres

CATHODE LIGHTSABRE TUTORIAL

heres some Cathode tubes Ive have in my collection

5208208331_aa329eb052_z.jpg

3593210698_76679f2de9_z.jpg

I have been gearing up to try and tackle this as a little side project. In the process of gathering up materials and teaching myself what I need to know to try it.

I have no idea how to make them wireless though.

I have a bunch of SS hilts I traded another member for. You've insprired me to do a Luke SW 77 sabre (white, not blue like the revisionist SE will try to tell you) I just ordered the CCT off ebay.

I may be going mad but I seem to think there was somebody on here that sells Cathodes ready to go or maybe a kit?

I think my thing to learn this year will be about LEDs and soldering!!!

Last edited:
No probs J. I have five of various colours, had 'em for a few years, no breaks, no trouble. Love 'em! Hope you do too.

He is currently not making any at the moment. I asked him last week.

He did say he might offer them again in the future after he improves the design.

Thanks HPGR,

Thats cool, I sent him a PM earlier so hopefully I can get in on any future runs he may make.

Thanks for the info.

I received my white cathode tubes in the mail the other day, sat down to remove them from the plastic tubes and strip down the wires. Broke one of two :(

The other seemed to be a success, so I decided to do a quick test before soldering. Placing the bulb near a plasma sphere was a quick way to tell me if bulb number 2 survived without any tiny breaks. The CT is glowing without any current running directly to it.

It's alive! tomorrow night it's soldering iron time.

HckPhR1.jpg

Back