Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rzeznikk

CELLAR FREAK
Reaction score
In your basement next to the Halloween decorations
Heres the first trailer for KONAMI/MERCURY STEAM sequel to "Lords of Shadow"

I loved Lords of Shadow and the twist to the story, but was always a little let down by the antagonist of the first game, but it looks like they are righting that wrong this time around! Looks like another Castlevania hero makes a reveal this time as well. From the trailer Im more than excited for this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vUcUz5Vo6iw

LOVED the lords of shadow game. I've been intending on going back to finish my playthrough on Paladin.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Lords of Shadow is my favorite Castlevania game ever, and I've been playing 'em since the original came out. The story is my favorite aspect of what they did with it, but the entire package was just phenomenal. One of my favorites of this generation. This looks even better in concept.

Also, Rzeznikk, I'm willing to bet that isn't the character you're thinking of that they revealed. Judging by the plot synopsis, which I'll spoiler here just in case someone hasn't finished the first game,

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm betting it's someone we know, but not that someone. If you look at his reflection in his sword, his face seems really ____ed up, or he could be wearing the God Mask from the first one. Of course, there's also the rumor that

Spoiler Spoiler:

But we just don't know yet. Either way, amazing trailer. I can't wait.

Is Konami planning on doing any more side-scrolling metroid-vania style game again? I thought Lords of Shadow was pretty decent, but playing those games on PS1 and the DS was good times.

Is Konami planning on doing any more side-scrolling metroid-vania style game again? I thought Lords of Shadow was pretty decent, but playing those games on PS1 and the DS was good times.

I hear you. It would be awesome if they did a big console Metroid-vania game. I'd prefer sprite graphics, but I'd be ok with nice 2d style polygons.

So I take it you continue playing as Gabriel (Dracula)?

VERY awesome. Its been one thing to play a Castlevania game as a Belmont, a wannabe Belmont (Soma, Nathan Graves, etc.) and Alucard, but to PLAY AS DRACULA? Perfect!

Looks like this will take place WAY before the last "future end scene" they showed from Lord of Shadows, in Gabriel's "early days" as a vampire lord. Perhaps they should call the game "LORD of SHADOWS" instead of "Lords of Shadow"?

Looks like this game will also "wrap up" Gabriel Belmont's transformation into Dracula and his supernatural link with the "Castlevania" castle. I'm sure they'll also lay the foundations for the NEXT game where you'll probably pick up as the traditional Belmont hero.

Good for Konami to finally reinvigorate this franchise! It has been looking awesome and Belmont becoming Dracula was one of the biggest video game surprises in a long time!

I didn't take it that way..I assumed you'd be playing as Alucard again. Playing as Drac could be a nice twist though.

Lords of Shadow is my favorite Castlevania game ever, and I've been playing 'em since the original came out. The story is my favorite aspect of what they did with it, but the entire package was just phenomenal. One of my favorites of this generation. This looks even better in concept.

Also, Rzeznikk, I'm willing to bet that isn't the character you're thinking of that they revealed. Judging by the plot synopsis, which I'll spoiler here just in case someone hasn't finished the first game,

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm betting it's someone we know, but not that someone. If you look at his reflection in his sword, his face seems really ____ed up, or he could be wearing the God Mask from the first one. Of course, there's also the rumor that

Spoiler Spoiler:

But we just don't know yet. Either way, amazing trailer. I can't wait.

Anything is possible with this new storyline, but I think that it will indeed be
Spoiler Spoiler:
just to make old school fans happy to play as him again. There was a lot of back lash from "Real Fans" about the story of the first. I think giving them this will right any wrongs they may have about the first one. I really cant think of any one else it could possibly be.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Either way Im a SO STOKED for this game! Im glad its looking to be a darker Castlevania. And Im glad that they
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's Alucard. He looks pretty much like he did in SOTN, and is the only one powerful enough to stand toe-to-toe with Gabriel after opening a can of whoop ass like that.

It very well may be Alucard, I'm just holding out hope it's not because I really don't like the direction SOTN took the series in and how people seem to think SOTN is the first game in the series.

It very well may be Alucard, I'm just holding out hope it's not because I really don't like the direction SOTN took the series in and how people seem to think SOTN is the first game in the series.

That shouldn't be an issue here. Being a sequel to LOS, I'm sure it'll be very similar to that game and not SOTN.

I hear you. It would be awesome if they did a big console Metroid-vania game. I'd prefer sprite graphics, but I'd be ok with nice 2d style polygons.

I'd even be happy if they did another DS game with the 2D sprites or a new downloadable game on X-Box Live/PSN. It's been a long time since Order of Ecclesia.

Oh I'm sure it will. I'm just generally annoyed with SOTN fanboy love.

Gotcha. I'm one of them though. SoTN is my favorite Castlevania by far. Simon's Quest was my first, but SoTN is the one that I go back to again and again.

SOTN is my favorite Castlevania game. I could care less where the story went, the game was just flat-out one of the funnest I've ever played to date. LOS was an awesome game, but just never had that true Castlevania feel to it.

Ive been playing Castlevania since the original on NES. I think Symphony of the Night is one of the best in the series and I love playing as Alucard. I played the ____ out of that game through to 200% (or 206% or whatever it was :lol)

My favorite Castlevania is Simons Quest though. And Super Castlevania IV

Those three are the ones I can keep going back to and playing.

I loved the atmosphere of Simons Quest and IV but I loved the exploration aspect of SOTN.

If they can combine those with this release Ill be in heaven.

Gotcha. I'm one of them though. SoTN is my favorite Castlevania by far. Simon's Quest was my first, but SoTN is the one that I go back to again and again.

Same here. I've liked the classic games since the NES as well, but Symphony of the Night was my favorite.

Last edited:
Yeah, Simon's Quest was awesome. Especially the music. I remember it was my first NES game along with Ninja Gaiden when I got the NES for Christmas. It was years before I realized that Simon's Quest was the odd duck of the series, but I loved it. It was baffling back in the day before the Internet. The most cryptic puzzles ever.

Back