Castle Rock - new KING show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
New tv show on Hulu, and after watching first two episodes, I'm hooked. IMO, this is the best Stephen King related show in a long while for me. Castle Rock, the town itself, and Shawshank makes up what is turning out to be an excellent ensemble. Just to gauge my tastes, here is my humble opinion on recent KING based shows:

Under the Dome = garbage
The Mist show = awful

It's a slow burn, but it gets going by ep 2. Cast is excellent. There are ton of nods to the books, but its done organically (mostly), so you will not be lost if you are a casual fan.

Dude from IT is creepy, albeit in a very different, quiet way. Dude who plays the guard in Shawshank is a stand out for me thus far

Hope you all enjoy this as I'm doing

M

Last edited:
I'm enjoying it thus far, as well. They're setting up a lot of provocative mysteries, and it's all done well. Allusions to King's various books and casting from actors in adapted movies are also effective.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Watched all four available episodes and I'm digging it even though I'm not really sure what the story is even about yet.

The only show I'm currently watching. Pretty creepy for sure. I'm liking it, but still so many questions after the last episode.

This show better have some major revelations in the last episode because it has pretty much gone nowhere all season.

Back