Captain Typho & Base custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

When I went to the Star Wars Exhibition the other month as I had done two commissions for a compnay that was holding a function, They also had Jay Laga'aia as a special guest. He was there talking about what he had done on Star Wars and also he was handing out the prizes that I made, I finally got the honour to talk to him and the conversation came up about my customs and he asked would I be able to make a 1/6 (12inch) version of him.

I told him that it should'nt be any problems at all and so after a few talk sessions on what we both wanted in the figure/base what you see is the final figure/base that we had a talk about, this was a privilage doing this figure for him and to meet such a great person.

RECIPE

Body & clothing - The body is a Dragon body the head I got from ebay and had to do a little sculpting to it mainly the hair and nose. The gloves a from a Sideshow Rebel Endor trooper the boots are from a Hasbro Jedi I think Obi Wan and the clothing, tunic and gauntlets are all done from scratch using different materials and leathers.

Equipment - The pistol is a mixed lot of a WW2 German Luger and Modern Day Pistol and the belt is from a Hasbro Jedi which has had pouches added to it from the bits box.

Base - The base bottom is from a hardware shop and then the back and part of the stage section is built up from balsa wood and foamcore board. The floor is a marble print I got of the net and printed off and glued inplace, The pipes are from plasticard and the main power box is some old phone connections I had lying around and the lights are from a 1/1000th scale Enterprise kit.

jl1.jpg

jl2.jpg

jl3.jpg

Ron

Thats awesome. I am big fan of both Episode I and II Naboo character designs. This is as good or better than I would hope for from Sideshow. Great job.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://photozbucket.com/pages/3346/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://photozbucket.com/pages/3346/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Great custom.... The head sculpt looks a bit like Justin Timberlake.... Is it just me?

Aha, yeah it does a little.

You've done this character more justice than Sideshow or anyone ever will.

Hi All

Apprecaite all the kind words and feedback guys, The HS isn't 100% Jay but all in all I'm happy with the way it turned out so was he. I'm learning how to sculpt slowly butat teh moment hair, noses, ears etc are the best I can do but I'm getting there slowly.

Ron

Back